The "Getting to know you" thread

Kind of nuts that we conned that many great looking women into being with this many golf crazy weirdos hahaha

Yeah, that GolferGal sure is lucky. :D

Bhahahahhahhha I was waiting for this from someone - should have guessed you dude- you or ddec

I guess since I'll be meeting some of you shortly, I should participate.

My name is Darren. I'm a 22 year old college student at the University of Pittsburgh. I was born December 17th, 1990 in a small town in north central PA called St Marys. I like Pittsburgh Penguins hockey and Pittsburgh Steelers football.

ifYFb.jpg

I took up golf around the age of 7. I got into the game because my father, uncle, cousin, and late grandfather are all avid golfers as well. I've only recently started trying to take my game more seriously, and it's still a struggle being a full time student combined with the lovely Pennsylvania winter.

I'll be attending my first ever THP event in 4 days and I look forward to meeting a lot of the mates I interact with regularly on this wonderful site.

I came to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum.

OK, I'll bite. My name is Amol, I'm 33 years old, and I currently live in Brookline, MA. My wife and I moved up here in 2008, which was a big shift for me after growing up in the Southeast. I spent most of my life in South Carolina, and my parents still live there. I'm a pediatrician up here in Boston, and I split my time working at 2 different hospitals. It can be hectic at times, but I love being around kids, so it's enjoyable for me.

I met my wife in 1998 when we were at Duke together. We dated for a couple of years there, and then graduated in 2001 thinking that we didn't have a future. It turns out that we saw each other 6 months later, and decided to do long-distance dating. We did that for almost 4 years while I was in medical school and she was working in the Northeast until she moved to Charleston, SC to be where I was. We got married in 2007. My wife is a very private person, and to be honest, doesn't always like that I share so much about myself online. However, we compliment each other really well, and she's the rock in my life, I have no clue of what I would do without her. Those of you that have met her in the past can attest to how awesome she is and how much I love her. We have an adorable dog named Clover that completes our family. I was never a dog person when I was growing up, but we got her last year and now I'm a total dog lover.

Most of my interests outside of work and family are sports-related. I'm a massive Duke Blue Devils fan as you can probably guess, and also a huge Miami Dolphins fan. My first online screenname was arydolphin because ARY are my initials and then I attached dolphin onto it, and I've just carried that over to every forum I've ever been on. I will watch basically any sport that is on TV as well; I like the Boston teams in hockey, baseball and basketball. In baseball, I'm also a big Atlanta Braves fan having grown up in South Carolina. I also LOVE to watch all forms of racing, especially NASCAR and Formula 1. I played a lot of soccer growing up, so I'm also a huge fan of soccer, both domestic and international.

Golf-wise, I didn't play golf seriously until after my freshman year of college. In the beginning, I was shooting 110-120 every round, but have worked on my game a good bit since then. One of the most fun things about golf for me is that when I started playing, my dad started playing again after about a 20 year hiatus from the game. Now he's got the golf bug even more than I do, and I love getting together with him to play golf whenever we can. I used to be a real hothead on the golf course: throwing clubs, cursing at myself, letting one bad shot affect me for a few holes after that. Then one day my dad came up to me and said "you're not good enough to get mad over this game." I could see that he was embarassed at the way I was acting, and that changed my outlook on golf forever. Now it's a release from everything else in my life, and I try to have fun more than anything else. My competitive side still comes out at times, but I mainly just want to enjoy my time on the golf course.

My wife would make me sleep on the couch for many nights if she knew that I had posted a picture of her online, so you'll have to deal with a picture of me in Puerto Rico a couple of years ago:

321257_871939808484_884975463_n.jpg

i'm tyno. you know who i am dammit! lol

But for serious, my name is Tyler and i'm from Shinglehouse PA. (no one knows where that is, well...DK might)

Currently 28 and employed as an IT Support Technician for going on 6 years working for EGI, a large steel manufacturing organization based out of PA. I enjoy my job but dislike dumb people.
Married for 2.5 years now to the love of my life, Whitney Huston-Nolan (yep, real name). Met her in college and have no idea why she stuck with me, but here we are....2 dogs and the other love of my life, baby girl Adalyn Rae. She runs my life now and I'm okay with that.

I have but 2 hobbies...
I'm a PIAA/NFHS Basketball Official (5 years). This was my first year eligible for state playoff games and did a AAA first round girls game, as well as a AAAA Quarter final. It takes super-thick skin and the right kind of crazy to enjoy it, but I do.

Oh, and I play golf. Picked it up as a teenager, but only recently have been super-addicted to it.

More fun facts:
-ridiculous Sabres fan
-love music
-won a bet with Ricky once
-mowed my lawn today
-let me know if you have seen or heard from ChunkyLover77
-beards are great
-have a hard time being completely serious
-cordial and PC, but deep down i'm a huge a-hole
-won the Morgan Cup as part of Team Hackers

here's me and my lovely wife:
402581_638248348716_1107364622_n.jpg

and my little girl at 5 months:
599037_4893581450867_946158058_n.jpg

Well, my name is Greg I am 31 in a few weeks. I grew up in west valley city utah. I am married for going on 5 years have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old daughter. My family and I live in eagle mountain now. I work construction hopefully just for now. I started playing golf about 3 years ago and can't stop thinking about it. I have never gotten a handicap and guess about 20ish but that is probably generous. My best round has been an 83 shot it twice my best 9 has been 40 as far as I can remember.

This thread rocks. Tyno that has got to be the cutest baby on the face of the earth. I've showed my wife her pics you post on FB and she agrees.

Amol that was a great write up, I learned some new things about you. Yep, great stuff everyone....love this thread!

As I was catching up, I was prepared to post this if no one else did.
I have to say, so far, most (read all) of us THPer's significantly out kicked our coverage.......

And I just knew this one was coming!
Yeah, that GolferGal sure is lucky. :D

Some good looking families here at THP. And some darn cute kids!

My name is Matt and I get my nickname from my last name. I am a Radiology Supervisor at a local hospital and also perform MRI's. I am currently also working on my Masters degree in Healthcare Administration. I have been married to my lovely wife for almost 6 years and have two wonderful kids. I am a pretty boring guy who has been playing golf for about 14 years, and now I have decided to take it a little more seriously. I also plan on playing some golf with JeffReedMO who lives in the town about 5 miles from me. I look forward to my first invitational in Branson in July to meet some of the THP'ers that seem to have so much knowledge about golf. This is an older pic of the kids and the family.

128.jpg

037.jpg

I'll play......

Johnny Mojo is a nickname a very good friend of mine gave me when i flew RC airplanes. I HATE the name Johnny, (name is John) but my buddy thought it was so cool it just sort of stuck. I'll be 50 on July 1st and have been getting in touch with my mortality. It sucks to get old and tee it forward is my motto. I've just returned to golf after about a 10 year lay off. Quit because of a back injury and I took myself too seriously. I'm trying to deal with the former and ignore the latter.

Like Cpljohnst I am a Marine (1982 - 1992). Since I had to stop killing people and breaking things, I started selling industrial safety products. The irony right? I have a wife who rescued me from myself 26 years ago. Our daughter is 17 (going on 30) and I have a son who is 28 and in Afganistan.

I discovered online forums with my RC airplane hobby in 2000. When I returned to golf I immediately went looking for a forum and found THP. This place has been a blast and a real wealth of knowledge. I try to contribute when I think I can and have been fortunate enough to be selected as a tester. Will be at the Branson get together and encourage all who can attend to do it. I mean can you read the re-cap threads without wanting to get to one of these things?

Kicking outside my coverage:
55D8C747-C8EB-494B-AD59-69396542838D-10186-00002E3D8C62B068_zps52407e9f.jpg

My most prized collaborative effort:
FC915438-353F-4A3B-976E-E91B3782A383-10203-00002E3F434A6520_zps1bfc0368.jpg

I have a real sarcastic sense of humor. If I have offended anyone in any of my posts, I apologize.

Well, sort of......

Looking forward to meeting as many THP'ers as possible.

J.

Semper Fi Johnny Mojo!

All I can say is thank you for creating this thread:) it truly opens our eyes to see where we all come from.

I will definitely post in here ASAP but I have other things to do at the moment and can't put forth all my attention on it. Reading a bit of everyone's background sure is awesome. I couldn't be any happier to have a bunch of friends through a site that has made us family.

Rock on THP'ers

I can't believe I am 7 pages late to this thread of excellence!!!

It is me, Canadan (or Canadian if you're not paying attention). I grew up in Southern Ontario (Canada) and now reside somewhere slightly south of that. I belong to an Arnold Palmer course and spend every reasonable evening and weekend day there playing golf. I have been married for nearly 5 years, and have been together with my lady for over 9 years. She is far cooler and more attractive, and I dig that about her.

In TyNo-esque excellence, I'm taking the rest to bullet points.

- I am a diehard Columbus Blue Jackets fan
- I have two twitters, one for hockey (@Canadan82) and one for golf (@CanadanGolf)
- That last bullet is a favour to my followers who don't care about one or the other
- I spell it favourite, favour, flavour, centre, and colour
- Some people cannot get over that fact
- They also can't get over the fact that I often prefer vanilla ice cream without anything on top -- Weird, I know
- I drive a VW GLI and I absolutely love it
- Me and the wife have one dog, a 15 pound ding dong named Zeke who is full of awesome
- I am only slightly obsessed with Tim Hortons, Poutine, and Chipotle
- On course, I'll wear pants every day that I can, as they are way more awesome than shorts
- I have outdriven JRod. LIKE A CHAMPION!
- I am the inaugural winner of the Team Canadan/Team Dean challenge... and we won BIG!

I'm running out of things. Here are some photos.

The Pup:
Spoiler
20130125_105710.jpg

In my defense, I did not support the clothing of this dog... I simply allow it. I bet my casualness towards this allots me at least an additional 20 rounds of golf a year!

The Wife and Me:
Spoiler
20121223_205916-1.jpg

Annnnnd me swinging a golf club last weekend at the Invitational:
Spoiler

Wow, this thread is nothing short of remarkable.

My name is Nathan (I don't like giving myself nicknames, to others is a different story). I was born and raised in Omaha NE and will probably never leave. I'm 23 years old and really taking on more responsibility in my personal life which I am very proud of. I work in the golf department at Sports Authority and definitely like the golf part! I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember and really getting serious in high school, which now that I think about it, since I graduated, 5 years has really gone by fast.

I am definitely a people person and would like to meet a few people here, but unfortunately my schedule does not allow for me to go to an outing this year. Tv also gets my attention as well as food does. I'm not that interesting online but I like to do extracurricular activities like going to movies or going to find something to do in town. I never thought I would like baseball, but playing on a league with my uncles and a few other friends has really got me interested. I have a twitter, but am never on it really, its @nathanjohnson89 though if you feel compelled to follow. And now, PiCtUrEs! (Secret teeny bopper)

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w666/njjohnson89/229438_2025113864473_786216_n_zps4add3f36.jpg
Here I am with HuskAir (left [when he lived in Omaha...let it be known he ditched me]) and myself (right). In the middle is a good friend of ours.

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums...66_4687405940111_2012194568_n_zpsf343da9c.jpg
Got bored at the mall one day. No beard/mustache/hair currently. If I can find a photo of that, I'll post it.

Thats it really. Some awesome people here on THP and I definitely feel welcome, thats for sure!

That look on that dogs face is begging for an intervention.

Nice family Canadan!

I'll play.

I'm Jeff (I hope you figured that out already) from The Show Me State or The Meth Capital of the World (If you like to party). I'm 31 years old. Practically married, or defined by law, I am. Kelly and I've been together for 12+ years and providing she still likes me a little bit, I plan on marrying this girl in Vegas later this year (she doesn't know that though). We have no kids, other than our floppy eared Boston Terrier named C.J. and our first adopted, a cat named Lurch (or Lunch as I call him). I sell things for a blood sucking corporate super power. I like to be different and go against the grain. The black sheep if you will. I am a huge New England Patriots, St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Blues, and Florida Gators (football) fan. Adam Scott is my favorite golfer and he has helped me win fantasticly fun things. I refuse to dance. Even just a little bit.

Other points to know.

- In 2010, I ran for Congress as a write in candidate in Missouri's 9th District. Somehow, I got 742 other deranged people to vote for me. I will go down as the last Democratic candidate to run in Missouri's 9th Congressional District. I lost the election, by the way.

- I once got arrested in my underwear and a trucker cap. Long before Ashton Kuchar made trucker hats cool again. Which is embarrassing.

- I sent a New York Times bestselling author flowers once for talking trash on me. He confirmed via Twitter two years later, he enjoyed the arrangement and the mug.

- I randomly dosey doed with a Chinese guy in the streets of St. Louis one time.

- My nickname is Fish. My business cards at my former employer actually said Fish on them.

- I was a pretty decent basketball player in my youth. I could dunk and had a hell of a jumper. Now I'm just old and hate basketball.

- Never once have I purposely farted in front of Kelly. True story.

- I Tweet from the account of @JeffReedMO. Tweets are my own. You either enjoy them, or you don't. I don't get all sad if you don't.

Photographic evidence.

Us in San Diego, for the 2008 U.S. Open.

4467_86563563215_2037534_n.jpg

Go Cards!

319395_10151056384263216_2085761869_n.jpg

Our Children.

547405_10150947140048216_435508209_n.jpg

Swinging The Lumba in Texas for the Invitational.

164486_10151517378983216_691056345_n.jpg

Back