Android Phone Thread

Longlife.. didn't know if they made a extended battery with a case like the S3

tap'n from my big as Note2

Longlife.. didn't know if they made a extended battery with a case like the S3

I know some of the things I do which you probably have heard turn off GPS, I like to stick with auto brightness, I also go check running applications and if I notice one that is always running that I have downloaded and I don't use it I uninstall it.

Just playing around with different settings and configurations can help you not only learn the device and Android a little better you will be able to see if things work for you or don't. That's why I like Android the ability to tinker and change my phone is something that I could not live with out now.

Okay guys. .What's the best battery setup for my note. .I didn't condition my battery like I should of

Rather than an extended battery on the Note 2, I would purchase another of the same size, and condition it this time.

Ok got a quick question, my service sucks at home so I am on the wifi all the time when I am there but the wifi sucks at work so I usually turn it off. Is there a way to set this up automatically so I don't have to manually turn off wifi when I get to work?
That would be nice uf you could do that. But it's just a swipe down and a simple press to turn it on or off.

Ok got a quick question, my service sucks at home so I am on the wifi all the time when I am there but the wifi sucks at work so I usually turn it off. Is there a way to set this up automatically so I don't have to manually turn off wifi when I get to work?

Osahar, I have read some great initial reviews from the One. Sounds like it is a very fast and also durable device. I am still learning toward the S4 but if Verizon somehow gets the One I will have a decision to make. How is the new version of Sense? It isnt my favorite skin but that was back in the Gingerbread days.

Yes there is, actually. I used to use an app that scheduled when things turned on and off for me, and it wasnt a battery hog either.

Had Bluetooth scheduled to turn off at 8:45am and turn back on at 4:55pm. That way it was off during the work day and ready to be back on when I got back in the car.

Just looked it up, try "Power Schedule" in the Play store.

Yes there is, actually. I used to use an app that scheduled when things turned on and off for me, and it wasnt a battery hog either.

Had Bluetooth scheduled to turn off at 8:45am and turn back on at 4:55pm. That way it was off during the work day and ready to be back on when I got back in the car.

Wow, that's cool. Wouldn't work for me, as I don't know where I'll be! I always use wifi at home.

That would be nice uf you could do that. But it's just a swipe down and a simple press to turn it on or off.

I know Smalls it is kinda lazy on my part but I figured that Android is so powerful and intelligent that it could do it for me.

Thanks, I just had to ask the right person!

Just looked it up, try "Power Schedule" in the Play store.

Downloaded!

The more I think of the S4, the more I want to get it.

The more I think of the S4, the more I want to get it.

I want it also Smalls but some of the reviews of the One have me pondering that as well.

My battery life on the s3 is getting less impressive... Perfect timing? Mmmmmmyes.
Yeah, whatever Dan. You are just looking for an excuse to upgrade.

I like it!!

Osahar, I have read some great initial reviews from the One. Sounds like it is a very fast and also durable device. I am still learning toward the S4 but if Verizon somehow gets the One I will have a decision to make. How is the new version of Sense? It isnt my favorite skin but that was back in the Gingerbread days.

If you dont like the one War suggested, timeriffic works well too

I have an old Thunderbolt, that does fine for me, and Liz has some cheap "Dumb" phone. The two together costs us $140 a month. That seem's high to me, but is it?

I have unlimited everything, which I don't need, but they keep telling me my price will actually go up if I change this old contract. I'm way past the contract and continue to get these messages about changing phones, but thinking about going down to a cheaper "Dumb" phone and less monthly cost.

THat really helps for your battery life too?

well, ive never had a phone with great battery life, so its been a constant lol

actually dont have it installed at the moment, have kept it pretty basic on the apps to see if that helps...nope

A little bump here. Anyone have a clue if this sounds high, low or about the norm?

I have an old Thunderbolt, that does fine for me, and Liz has some cheap "Dumb" phone. The two together costs us $140 a month. That seem's high to me, but is it?

I have unlimited everything, which I don't need, but they keep telling me my price will actually go up if I change this old contract. I'm way past the contract and continue to get these messages about changing phones, but thinking about going down to a cheaper "Dumb" phone and less monthly cost.

A little bump here. Anyone have a clue if this sounds high, low or about the norm?

Its about the norm. The wife and I have 2 phones, unlimited everything on T-Mobile and our plan is about 140/month after tax.

I would say this is about the norm. I have Verizon and pay about that monthly for my fiance and I, we have 700 shared minutes, unlimited text and data. Adding in taxes I think it is 146 or so.

I have heard that getting rid of the unlimited can help you save money monthly but not sure I buy that but it is probably me being stubborn haha

Its about the norm. The wife and I have 2 phones, unlimited everything on T-Mobile and our plan is about 140/month after tax.

I would say this is about the norm. I have Verizon and pay about that monthly for my fiance and I, we have 700 shared minutes, unlimited text and data. Adding in taxes I think it is 146 or so.

I have heard that getting rid of the unlimited can help you save money monthly but not sure I buy that but it is probably me being stubborn haha

Thanks for the info, Verizon is who I have as well.

Verizon. .3 on family plan..2 w/2G data 1 none.1 unlimited text..2. 250 text...700m shared. $165

Verizon. .3 on family plan..2 w/2G data 1 none.1 unlimited text..2. 250 text...700m shared. $165

Thanks BD, sounds like I'm paying about right. Don't think I'll upgrade though as my price might jump up, the old phone is slow, even on 4G and the battery sucks, but it does everything I really need.

Thanks BD, sounds like I'm paying about right. Don't think I'll upgrade though as my price might jump up, the old phone is slow, even on 4G and the battery sucks, but it does everything I really need.

due, I had a Thunderbolt back in the day and you might check out one of the extended batteries it will increase the thickness of the phone but if you don't care about that might work for you. I really miss the kickstand......

Back