Golf in Monroe, Ga.

+1 is phenomenal on Monroe CC. How was the wind today? It was quite windy in the North Ga mountains.

All better now.

+1 is very respectable on Monroe CC. How was the wind today? It was quite windy in the North Ga mountains.

It nearly blew my cap off a few times as the wind gusts were tough.

Respectable, man I think it is phenomenal. That is a tough track. Congrats JT on the great round.

Jonathon is a great ball striker no doubt and he hit some really solid shots today. We had two old guys we caught up with, who let us join them. They got bugged eyed watching how far he hit the ball. The dude can flat out move it :thumb:

It was blowing pretty good. It swirled alot. Probably consistently 20 mph

Respectable, man I think it is phenomenal. That is a tough track. Congrats JT on the great round.

I'm lucky to be +1 thru 1 hole at MCC. Great shooting, man. That's not an easy course.. especially with wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I only saw JT's approach shot on #18. He hit it about 10' from the flag but unfortunately like most of us, 3 putted that evil hole. Maybe I'll get to watch you next time JT. Glad you enjoyed the course.

I only saw JT's approach shot on #18. He hit it about 10' from the flag but unfortunately like most of us, 3 putted that evil hole. Maybe I'll get to watch you next time JT. Glad you enjoyed the course.

At least he wasn't long or short :smile:, bogey is good on that hole though.

Yeah but Josh birdied that first hole the very first time he played there, made a nice 15 footer as I recall.

Yeah but Josh birdied that first hole the very first time he played there, made a nice 15 footer as I recall.

That was a really awesome putt he made for sure! He said nothing to these greens :D

I'm lucky to be +1 thru 1 hole at MCC. Great shooting, man. That's not an easy course.. especially with wind.

Maybe you need to ride with JT next time out and watch this guy in action :thumb:

Sounds like you guys had a great day. Nice shooting JT.

I received a PM from AtlGolfer saying he would be fairly close to my neck of the woods next Thursday. Naturally playing golf popped up in the conversation and we now have a 1:00 p.m. tee time at Monroe CC. Joining us will be DawgDaddy & Joshmir. It's going to be a little pre outing THP tuneup :D. The grass is green now boys and hopefully the sun will be out in full force. Looking forward to it :thumb:

I always look forward to teeing it up with fellow THPers, this will be a fun get together. ATL and Josh hitting the long ball, you playing very, very well lately and I will be along for the ride. I look forward to seeing MCC in its' green glory.

I received a PM from AtlGolfer saying he would be fairly close to my neck of the woods next Thursday. Naturally playing golf popped up in the conversation and we now have a 1:00 p.m. tee time at Monroe CC. Joining us will be DawgDaddy & Joshmir. It's going to be a little pre outing THP tuneup :D. The grass is green now boys and hopefully the sun will be out in full force. Looking forward to it :thumb:

Great foursome right there. You guys will have a great time.

I always look forward to teeing it up with fellow THPers, this will be a fun get together. ATL and Josh hitting the long ball, you playing very, very well lately and I will be along for the ride. I look forward to seeing MCC in its' green glory.

haha you know how that song ends :D. It will be fun having my buddies back up here!

edit: Ken -- wish you could be here too!

Can't wait to see what MCC looks like when it's green! Gonna hit the range to knock some rust off because of all the rain lately. AND we got a tee time for $21 bucks on GolfNow! Can't tell you what a steal that is for a great course like Monroe CC. Looking forward to teeing it up with DD and OG again and meeting ATL for the first time!

Wow, that is a steal! It's usually much more. I'll have to watch Golfnow when my son comes to visit in July because our guest rate is $35.

You folks will have a ball for sure. Great course to play. Watch out for those wicked evil greens!

You folks will have a ball for sure. Great course to play. Watch out for those wicked evil greens!

^^^^^^^^^^^^Truth. They are wicked.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Truth. They are wicked.

I've been playing this course since last October. I have yet to not have at least one 3 jack :angry:. I predict Thursday that I will have zero three jacks! I'm gonna kick these greens arse :deadhorse:!!!

I bet they will be at 13 after the punches heal up. I hope not!

13? I hope not too, I already struggle with those well contoured and fast greens.

The greens here are actually very good, just pretty darn quick and tricky. We had the Georgia Peach State Tour (pro golfers) come through here two weeks ago, for their spring tournament stop. They also come back in October. Anyways they told Dave (assistant pro) that our greens were the best they play all year! These guys play some top notch golf courses so that is a huge compliment.

The greens here are actually very good, just pretty darn quick and tricky. We had the Georgia Peach State Tour (pro golfers) come through here two weeks ago, for their spring tournament stop. They also come back in October. Anyways they told Dave (assistant pro) that our greens were the best they play all year! These guys play some top notch golf courses so that is a huge compliment.

I have to say OG, that I think, if I got to play them all the time, that I would fall in love with your greens.

I have to say OG, that I think, if I got to play them all the time, that I would fall in love with your greens.

Me too Phil, I think I would become a putting machine if I played them all the time. As it is now whenever I play there I am a putting disaster. :sad:

Back