Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately i felt that my distance was off. I miss-hit tee shots on longer par 3s. On the last round played, my ball was sitting just shy of the 150m markers in a flat and easy fairway lie, i grabbed my 4h, felt i made very good contact and also got the typical flight for it... but still somehow ended up 10m+ short of the green. Completly random, no explanation, i was feeling lost in my game.

Today i played at my home club again and was doing well, when i came to the par 3 8th i decided to give it a solid test. I usually play the 2nd tees, but we also have tips marked for championships/pros. There's 182m to go to the middle of the green, 160-something to carry over water, very similar setup to the long par 3s i played at other courses with weird results.
I struck it well and the ball went off nice and high, with a tiny bit of draw. Hop, roll, pin high in the middle. Was quite happy to see everything click into place again.

Confidence put back in working order, let's see if i can't stick em close the next time i play at my in-laws club.

#17 at Colbert Hills
Black Tees
256 to the Center of the green
262 to the pin that's tucked in the back left
Into a 15 mph wind

The shot: Driver to about 10 feet.

My quote of the day when I saw the distance on the gps screen, "Oh, that's just stupid."

Almost got my first hole in one. 168 yards with an 8 iron to an island green. Landed it 2 feet short and almost rolled in. Tap in baby.

I hit a nice little 58* wedge from about 110 because it was down hill with some helping wind that landed just on the front of the green, hopped forward about 3 feet (punched and sanded greens, nothing was spinning or holding), and stopped about 4 feet from the pin. Easy birdie.

9i from 146 to 1 foot.

Dang good shot man

Thanks dude, last full swing of the day too.

This game knows how to set the hook and keep bringing me back.

158 yd. 6 iron to 2 ft. Nothing fancy or technically difficult, just a pretty shot.

2i Hybrid from 250 yards out. Downhill shot on a down hill lie. It a line drive cut right at the pin. Ball was dead on line with the cup and stopped about 3 feet short. If they had not just topped the greens they would probably oh been in. Hell of an eagle though.

#17 at Colbert Hills
Black Tees
256 to the Center of the green
262 to the pin that's tucked in the back left
Into a 15 mph wind

The shot: Driver to about 10 feet.

My quote of the day when I saw the distance on the gps screen, "Oh, that's just stupid."

17 from the tips might be the most consistently difficult hole I've played since it's into the Kansas wind all summer long...lost many shots to par there over the years when I lived there.

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

17 from the tips might be the most consistently difficult hole I've played since it's into the Kansas wind all summer long...lost many shots to par there over the years when I lived there.

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

Agreed. Most people think 11 is the hardest par 3 but my money is on 17.

A few stand out yesterday - 2 more than most.

Played on a new course with people I didn't know. Stood on the first tee - 313 metre par 4 and proceeded to hit my drive 240 metres straight down the middle.

Then on the 13th a long par 5 I hit my drive right of the fairway and hit my Anser 3 wood 207 metres into the wind. That 3 wood is a beast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 foot putt for birdie.

Playing in a Shamble yesterday, I hit very nice shots on both par 3s. On the 2nd par 3 I hit one 3 feet short of the hole, that rolled out about 8 feet past. 2 of the 4 of us sank the birdie putt to win a skin.

A screwed up tee shot left me directly behind the tip of the dogleg left, 200 yards out. To get close required a low cut to stay under the big trees in the dogleg while missing the bunkers right of the green. Four iron, felt good, looked good, almost perfect, it rolled past the hole stopped 6 feet above the hole.

Best shot of my round yesterday was No. 7 at Monroe CC. Shortish Par 4 that doglegs hard to the left. I pulled my tee shot into the left trees and had about 115 left into the green with a slight breeze into me. The lie was decent, but I was sitting in the middle of the trees. I had two skinny pines in front of me with about a 8-10" gap between them. The green was to the left of the trees in my sight line, maybe by about 10 yards.

I initially thought about punching a 4i between the two pines and laying up short of the green. But, since I just finished back to back double bogeys, I decided to press my luck. I pulled the 50* and hit h ball perfectly. It went between the pines and then turned over into the green. I ended up on the front middle of the green with an easy two-putt to get my par.

Best shot today, short par 4 had about 75 yds hit a 3/4 pw to a foot and a half for birdie. Hit mostly well forgot the bad shots and drove it pretty decent.

After a dismal effort off the tee on the par 5 16th at my home course, followed by a near equally unimpressive second shot, I had about 250ish yards still to go to reach the green. The ball was sitting up in the rough a bit, and a good bit below my feet. I was able to get a good move on with my 3W and smoked it up to pin high and just off the green on the right side, which left a very easy up and down to save par. It was unquestionably the best 3W I've ever hit.

153 yard par 3, 7i to about 8 or 9 feet left of the flag. Missed the birdie.

Drive at the par 5 6th, wind behind and got longest ever of 261 yds, straight up the middle too, even took a photo :)

ShotOfTheDay.jpg

This morning, 156 yard par three, slight breeze from right to left, 7 iron, 8 inches from the hole...made the birdie!

Happy.........happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back