Sergio and Tiger?

I didn't see the whole thing happen. So I have no idea whether anything wrong happened or not. But the marshals are now saying they didn't say anything to Tiger about Sergio having already hit his shot or not.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story...ass-spat-marshals-deny-saying-anything-051413

Remember the little he-said/he-said battle between Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia on Saturday at TPC Sawgrass? Well, get ready to add two more he-saids to that mix.

Two course marshals are disputing Tiger's assertion that he had been told at the time that Garcia had already taken his shot when he pulled a 5-wood from his bag and sent the gallery into a tizzy. At the time, Garcia was in the middle of his backswing, and during a later rain delay, he vented in an NBC interview.

“It’s very simple. You have to pay attention to what’s going on because the other guy is hitting. You do something when you’re in the crowd, and the crowd is going to respond,” said Garcia.

Tiger, who heard Garcia's comments shortly after, insisted he had done nothing wrong.

“The marshals, they told me he already hit, so I pulled a club and was getting ready to play my shot,” Woods said. “And then I hear his comments afterwards. Not real surprising that he's complaining about something.”

Ah, the marshals. They didn't say anything at the time, but according to a Sports Illustrated report, they were talking on Sunday -- and telling a very different story.

“He didn’t ask us nothing, and we didn’t say nothing. We’re told not to talk to the players,” said one marshal, Gary Anderson, according to the report.

His boss, John North -- an admitted Tiger fan, said he was five feet away during Woods' shot.

“Nothing was said to us and we certainly said nothing to him. I was disappointed to hear him make those remarks. We’re there to help the players and enhance the experience of the fans. He was saying what was good for him. It lacked character,” said North.

Whatever happened, North still got to watch one of his favorite players go on to win. And we all got to watch Garcia go on to an epic meltdown.

Defending the situation and calling Sergio a complainer is fin as long as Tiger isn't in the story? Remember when Sergio threw his 5 iron into the water after a bad shot. He was roasted something good by most on this forum. Add TW to the mix and we are back to tiger fans and haters, makes no sense.

Why can't a spade be spade. Sergio complains. Sergio could have backed off. Sergio hit a piss poor shot. Nothing about Tiger. You comparing Sergio to Na in this situation is so far away from this conversation it isn't funny.

This thread would have excited if Sergio was playing with anyone else. Notice who much praise his Sunday partner gave him. The fact that its tiger is an fall back on both sides because of who tiger is. But the simple fact is Sergio uses setting situation as a crutch for his poor play at times and its not just tiger.

I'm a fan of Sergio and think he complains too much. I like Johnny miller and think he can be a bit much. It's not always about tiger fans defending tiger sometimes it's just about the other guy

But you cant remove Tiger from the situation, because he is the guy that was part of the situation. Whether or not he could have backed off in my opinion has little to do with it. Its an excuse. A guy did something he shouldnt have done, then said he was told it was okay (which was false or made up) and the guy that complained is in the wrong?

Im not defending Sergio, as I think he could have handled it better, but ask yourself this, if Sergio had grabbed the club or made a noise, and Tiger hit a poor shot because of it, fans would be EXECUTING Sergio because of it. Are we so quick to forget the cameras that his caddie (also hated by his fans)either booted or screamed at? His fans would lambaste those taking pictures because it was "their" fault for the bad shot.

It cant be both ways, but somehow it always has to be. One person grabbed the club early, the crowd went nuts. Every player out there knows not to grab the club too soon, and that is why somehow he was told by a marshall (which evidently was made up) that it was okay.

But you cant remove Tiger from the situation, because he is the guy that was part of the situation. Whether or not he could have backed off in my opinion has little to do with it. Its an excuse. A guy did something he shouldnt have done, then said he was told it was okay (which was false or made up) and the guy that complained is in the wrong?

Im not defending Sergio, as I think he could have handled it better, but ask yourself this, if Sergio had grabbed the club or made a noise, and Tiger hit a poor shot because of it, fans would be EXECUTING Sergio because of it. Are we so quick to forget the cameras that his caddie (also hated by his fans)either booted or screamed at? His fans would lambaste those taking pictures because it was "their" fault for the bad shot.

It cant be both ways, but somehow it always has to be. One person grabbed the club early, the crowd went nuts. Every player out there knows not to grab the club too soon, and that is why somehow he was told by a marshall (which evidently was made up) that it was okay.

I see your point And agree that we would roast a person for doing the same to TW.

Sergio is still a complainer :D

I see your point And agree that we would roast a person for doing the same to TW.

Sergio is still a complainer :D

That made me laugh out loud

I might be the only one that thinks this, but I think Tiger pulled a Seve on Sergio. He knew full well Sergio was about to hit and pulled the club intentionally. Marshals made it pretty clear today they were not allowed to talk to the players and nothing was ever said between them and Tiger. This guy is no fool.

Check out Rocco's interview on Feherty. He gives a little insight in to what kind of guy el Tiger really is.

BTW.....I'm not a fan of either....

Here is still more information which although not directly connected to "the incident", is still pertinent. From one of the scorers in Tiger's group on Thursday:

I was the walking scorer with Tiger's group on Thursday. It was Tiger, Kuchar, and Snedeker. Normally, inside the ropes there would be the three players with caddies, myself, and the standard bearer. Thursday there must have been 50 people inside the ropes in addition to the usual. We had three TV cameras with another person holding an antenna, a whole bunch of still photographers, two "observers" and untold number of "media" badge wearers. Also, we had Roger Maltbie and a reporter from XM radio. It was so crowded there were many times when I only knew a shot was hit when I heard the sound. I had to scramble to find a position to watch shots since I have to record the lie from which they play.

I suspect that on Saturday, the number of people inside the ropes was similar or greater. Given that, it is entirely possible one of those people may have told him Sergio had already hit. Tiger may have interpreted that to be from one of the volunteer marshals. What the marshal said is correct. We are firmly directed to not speak to a player unless they speak to us. If we have a question, we speak to the caddie. I am very disappointed in the disparaging remark about character. IMO he had no basis to make that comment, only to state it was not a marshal who told Tiger Sergio had hit.

I might be the only one that thinks this, but I think Tiger pulled a Seve on Sergio. He knew full well Sergio was about to hit and pulled the club intentionally. Marshals made it pretty clear today they were not allowed to talk to the players and nothing was ever said between them and Tiger. This guy is no fool.

Check out Rocco's interview on Feherty. He gives a little insight in to what kind of guy el Tiger really is.

BTW.....I'm not a fan of either....
Did you see the gallery and trees surrounding Tiger and that shot? He would have had to get on Joe's shoulders to see what Sergio was doing at the right exact time to pull that off.

Interesting tidbit from those two volunteers. So many sides to the story.

Interesting tidbit from those two volunteers. So many sides to the story.

Especially when one group of Marshals said they don't talk to players and two other marshals who said that they often talk to players. And in fact talked to tiger during the incident.

Especially when one group of Marshals said they don't talk to players and two other marshals who said that they often talk to players. And in fact talked to tiger during the incident.
Well that's what they said anyway.

Again, it's all a moo point.

Agreed. And you said that a couple of posts ago, but added more he said she said to it and called it a fact.

Its "moot" blu. "mooT"

Agreed. And you said that a couple of posts ago, but added more he said she said to it and called it a fact.

The ESPN article is as believable as the SI article. We will never know which is which. But in the end, we believe whatever one we want. I choose to believe the ESPN piece.

I know what I said.

I apologize then. You coulda just explained it to me instead of being an ass. Never seen that episode.

I apologize then. You coulda just explained it to me instead of being an ass. Never seen that episode.

Wasn't my intention to come across that way. I'm sorry that it did.

Dude. It's just the way he is. He don't mean anything by it. Hang around longer and you'll get to know when people are truly being @$$holes and when they're just messing around.

Two minute job on the Galaxy S2 app......... sorry it had to be done! :peace2:
547190_541807522525031_1080522636_n_zpsf3ea94bb.jpg

Two minute job on the Galaxy S2 app......... sorry it had to be done! :peace2:
547190_541807522525031_1080522636_n_zpsf3ea94bb.jpg

Is it just me or is Sergio starting to look more like Boo Weekley? (If I spelled Boo's name wrong I don't care)

Wasn't my intention to come across that way. I'm sorry that it did.

It did and its all goo. Hard to convey tone on the internets.

Dude. It's just the way he is. He don't mean anything by it. Hang around longer and you'll get to know when people are truly being @$$holes and when they're just messing around.

Yeah... Wait ... I think there's a compliment in there. Kind of.

Yeah... Wait ... I think there's a compliment in there. Kind of.

See. You're not all bad. You just made me laugh pretty hard.

I did a hard ab workout this morning though, so it hurt. And because of that you lost whatever points you earned.

Back