How do you choose what color hat to wear?

StanTheCaddy

Who wants 2 have some fun
Reaction score
Handicap
9.8 USGA
I couldn't find a thread like this so if there is one please merge this. I don't care about logos but I do like my colors to be somewhat matching. I was wondering how do THPer's choose the color of your hat? Do you...

1) Wear the same color hat as your shirt?
2) Same color as your pants/shorts?
3) Same color as shoes/belt?
4) Don't care what color your hat is?

Option 3. I stick with black or white hats/visors.

It has to match or accentuate something else in the outfit.

White hats 95% of the time for me. I buy multiples and toss them when they get funky looking.

I have a THP Albatross Club hat that goes with everything... nuff said.

Keep it simple, black/white and maybe a gray one thrown in there. Depending on the weather, I like to stay as light as possible if it's a scorcher.

I truly believe that color is you friend and should not be avoided.

If tan pants/shorts, it will probably match my shirt. If some other color pants/shorts and a white shirt, it will probably match my pants/shorts. That's all I've got in my style repertoire.

I believe I've done all three of those at one point in time, it's usually a matching color but always matches a few different things!

I typically go with option three but when I am feeling adventurous I will match my hat with an accent of my shirt and then match my belt with that as well.

option four. I dont really care as long as it looks clean all together. Sometimes not matching is the way to match for me haha

I've posted this before in some long lost thread, but my theory is to wear your "lucky hat" no matter the color matching. I've got a dozen caps and some just feel luckier than others on a particular day, and that's what I wear. If you want to color match, then a good option for me would be shoes/belt/cap, and my second choice is match the pants/shorts with cap.

I just wear my black hat every single time

Depends on my belt/shoes for me.

Cardinal red, Black, THP, or one from one of the OEMs in my bag. I then match the outfit to the hat. Strange, Yes, but its my way.

#3 shoes & belt so black or white cap.

A lot of great responses, thanks guys. I only wear white shoes and it seems like matching hat to shoes/belt may be the way to go for me.

I tend to buy either a black or white hat because those colors go with everything.

Sent from my grain flow forged iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's hot I wear a white hat. If it's not, I usually wear my Prim Valley CC tan hat because it's the most comfy hat I have. I don't really get the black hat thing, unless it's very cool outside. I'm not looking to artificially make my head hotter than it otherwise would be. Same with a black shirt really...

I usually go with the belt option. Sometimes I wish I would be one of those guys who play without a hat, but as I have grown to like playing with a hat, I can't do without.

I only have a black Taylormade one, that's what I wear every time. :D

Usually I will choose my hat or visor to match the shoes i'm wearing, also want something that looks well with shirt color. I'm a hat guy, i've got around a dozen hats / visors. I like variety.

4. I don't care what color my hat is.

I normally wear the same Callaway hat all the time anyway

Ha. I'm not smart enough to put my theory in to hats in words without sounding like an idiot. But I generally will use my hat to blend together my pants, belt and shirt. Sometimes is just a straight match to the shoes, sometimes the belt, sometimes its to play off the shirt, belt, shoes. Sometimes I'm trying to pull accents from either my belt or shirt to make those stand out more...I have a lot of theory that goes into it..lol

It has to match or accentuate something else in the outfit.

This.

Even if it is just lettering the hat, as long as it matches something and the rest of that hat doesn't clash, it is fine. No specific rules around what article of clothing it needs to match.

Back