2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that format as well, but I think for an event such as the MC, switching the format after 9 might not be the best idea.

And you say that why? I can get down with 18 holes of it.

I will tell you more on Monday. So much fun dude.

And it helps with pace of play...win win!

telling chunky to not bring his notebook out with him helps too hehe

I like that format as well, but I think for an event such as the MC, switching the format after 9 might not be the best idea.

I agree, keep it the same through the match

And you say that why? I can get down with 18 holes of it.
Like I said, I love the switch after 9 holes, it's a great format and I enjoyed it this past weekend. However, I am thinking it might be a bit more streamlined to go with one vs the other, rather than switching.

Hell, I dont know.

I don't see anything where cookie said to change the format half way through the match.

Like I said, I love the switch after 9 holes, it's a great format and I enjoyed it this past weekend. However, I am thinking it might be a bit more streamlined to go with one vs the other, rather than switching.

Hell, I dont know.

I think he is saying shamble off the tee and then alt shot from there. not switching at the turn.

Hell, I dont know.

That's understandable. I would rather but Shamble AS than best ball......not that I have a vote or anything. haha

So excited seeing all of this amazing gear rolling into everyone, seeing our sponsors getting excited on the Twitta, all just brings a smile to my face.

I think he is saying shamble off the tee and then alt shot from there. not switching at the turn.
I thought he was referring to the formats he and I played this past weekend.

Hell, I dont know.

Agree, switch up if you want during the practice rounds or during some leasure rounds.

something more important and a real "event" needs to just have 1

I thought he was referring to the formats he and I played this past weekend.

I was...but was just reiterating how fun the shamble AS was. I want to see it for at least 9 holes, preferably 18.

:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

I was...but was just reiterating how fun the shamble AS was. I want to see it for at least 9 holes, preferably 18.
Absolutely. I loved the Shamble AS. Pressure packed, but fun at the same time.

Agree, switch up if you want during the practice rounds or during some leasure rounds.

something more important and a real "event" needs to just have 1

Well we had to switch it up last year due to rain forcing us to speed up play. Midway through it went from best ball to scramble....still seemed to work out fine.

Well we had to switch it up last year due to rain forcing us to speed up play. Midway through it went from best ball to scramble....still seemed to work out fine.

that was a bummer, but like you said done to speed up play because of that crazy rain

If that format had not changed, would Team Hackers still have won...?

If that format had not changed, would Team Hackers still have won...?

I think so because we did all of our damage on Sunday. I don't think the Saturday afternoon format change swayed any matches greatly to affect points.

Different circumstances

I think so because we did all of our damage on Sunday. I don't think the Saturday afternoon format change swayed any matches greatly to affect points.

P4B and I would disagree. It did not change the outcome of the event, but there is no question that it going to scramble had an impact on our match.

Different circumstances

Certainly...but it still happened and we were fine with it. It was not a big deal and I wouldn't see it being a big deal if it was planned up front either.

Still have to execute good golf shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back