The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very soon, I will be working from a real office in downtown Dallas every day. That's my rant.

My thumbs. I can't seem to ever get the the "o" when I type of. It's comes out if all the time.

Very soon, I will be working from a real office in downtown Dallas every day. That's my rant.
Ouch. I saw you mention this a while back, but didnt know if it went through or not.

Ouch. I saw you mention this a while back, but didnt know if it went through or not.

Yep...along with 4 more direct reports and managing across 3 different functions instead of just 1 (unlike all my peers who will just have 1).

Says alot for me that my manager wants me doing it....and I should be nicely rewarded for in due time.

Lose a ton of THP time obviously...but making big strides in my career requires this.

Yep...along with 4 more direct reports and managing across 3 different functions instead of just 1 (unlike all my peers who will just have 1).

Says alot for me that my manager wants me doing it....and I should be nicely rewarded for in due time.

Lose a ton of THP time obviously...but making big strides in my career requires this.

Tradeoffs - thats a worth rant

I knew it was coming however i was trying to hold out for medicare to kick in. I'm too young for that, and the darn thing is hurting too often, so it's got to happen.

I have heard so many success stories from friends who have been through this and now that technology has made the procedure less invasive, I'm ready to get er done. Last January when it was cold, rainy, and completely miserable in these parts would have been the perfect time to have this done.

My mom is in her 70's, but remains fairly active. She's active, but not fit. She has had both of her knees replaced in the last year and a half. Both times she was back on her feet in less than two weeks. I think she begrudgingly used a walker for the first couple days after she was released, but then she got stubborn and refused to use it.

I'd wager that you're in better shape than she is and will back at it in no time.

Devrickus, dcbrad, and olé grey, positive thoughts headed your guys' way.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Farmers.

Tilling more acres, putting up more pivots, ripping out shelter belts. Jesus don't you remember what happened in the 30s? What happens when you start pumping that aquifer dry?

Transcanada just has to wait a couple years then they won't have to worry about environmental impact because it'll be a desert... Again.

$600 a pair for pasture rent, ridiculous, it's only going to go up less pasture and nor rain means no grass. Ugh.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Any updates from Brad?

Good luck, Bill. I know you'll be fine.

My mom is in her 70's, but remains fairly active. She's active, but not fit. She has had both of her knees replaced in the last year and a half. Both times she was back on her feet in less than two weeks. I think she begrudgingly used a walker for the first couple days after she was released, but then she got stubborn and refused to use it.

I'd wager that you're in better shape than she is and will back at it in no time.

That would be great!

Devrickus, dcbrad, and olé grey, positive thoughts headed your guys' way.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Good luck, Bill. I know you'll be fine.

Thanks guys. I have had to sleep with a pillow between my knees because of pain and discomfort. I can't imagine how good it would feel to be pain free.

That would be great!

Thanks guys. I have had to sleep with a pillow between my knees because of pain and discomfort. I can't imagine how good it would feel to be pain free.

You'll kick yourself for waiting so long

Farmers.

Tilling more acres, putting up more pivots, ripping out shelter belts. Jesus don't you remember what happened in the 30s? What happens when you start pumping that aquifer dry?

Transcanada just has to wait a couple years then they won't have to worry about environmental impact because it'll be a desert... Again.

$600 a pair for pasture rent, ridiculous, it's only going to go up less pasture and nor rain means no grass. Ugh.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Solid rant!!! At least most in my area are doing no till planting.

And most don't realize our cattle numbers are down to 1950 numbers. Why because big corporate farming has taken over and they pump the animals full of crap to get them to weight faster. Chickens and pigs are no better either.

Tyson can raise the same meat chickens I am in half the time, because few one to pay for local grown not pumped full of steroids and antibiotics chicken.

I had to continue your rant Rhyno.

let's see.. this week is full of rants for me..
counselor input the wrong grades for the last grade-check, so it showed me as having two F's, so my dad has taken away my car, clubs, and communication.
can't have any dairy for a few weeks.
have lost 4 lbs in the last month because i can't hold much food down.
four-day-weekend, yet it will be full of me sitting around doing nothing, simply because i'm not allowed to because of^.
and, to top it off, my school sponsored a special olympics day for 10 or 12 schools in the district who have mentally disabled kids, so i got to see my brother for the first time in almost a year, but my mother didn't even go to support him... not that i wanted to see her, i really really didn't, and i ended up not, but still... at least support the kid who is forced to live with you, stupid b*tch.

I keep putting off knee replacement surgery but I know it's got to be done. I'm hurting on a consistent basis these days but not willing to give up my summer, tournament commitments, etc. I'm going to try and gut it out until January :dont-know:....... You'd think the two prior surgeries would have fixed the damn thing. So frustrating :at-wits-end:

I feel your pain, literally!! I had two surgeries on my right knee. The last of the two surgeries, my doc told me I had bone on bone, and would need a knee replacement. I said when would I need it. He said that I would know. I kept putting it off and putting it off for almost 13 years! Until one day it damn near snapped in half!! I had the surgery in Jan 2007. Not a good time of year for here in the NE.

Unfortunately, instead of lasting 20+ years as the doc predicted, I may need revision surgery on the lower part soon. Oh, well. Life goes on. Good luck with your surgery!!

Just got home and the whole house smells like weed. I hate my roommates some days.

Just got home and the whole house smells like weed. I hate my roommates some days.

I actually convinced my roommates junior year that I was allergic and it gave me hives. They apologized and never smoked in the apartment again haha

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Call the cops. Easy way to fix that the first and only time.
Not a chance. I have no problem with pot or people that use it. I just don't like to smoke it and I've asked them not to do it in the house. To be fair though, they hardly ever do and it was raining all day today.

Went out to mow the lawn today, fire up the mower for the first time this year, and it dies.

Try it again, fires up, dies. The primer bulb has a big crack in it. No suction apparently equals no mowing until I can find a replacement primer bulb.

Almost makes me want to replace my 2 stroke Lawn Boy from the 80's.

Went out to mow the lawn today, fire up the mower for the first time this year, and it dies.

Try it again, fires up, dies. The primer bulb has a big crack in it. No suction apparently equals no mowing until I can find a replacement primer bulb.

Almost makes me want to replace my 2 stroke Lawn Boy from the 80's.
Ours from the 70s lasted until 2002 when my mom finally got a new one. I've been using it since 2003 and it won't die. Lawn Boy is like the Bushnell of lawn mowers.

We've lost our cat it seems. Not sure if she was hit by a car, eaten by a coyote, or "transplanted" by a neighbor who didn't like her and its sucks not knowing. I know to some it's not a big deal but we really loved her...I just feel sick :(

Solid rant!!! At least most in my area are doing no till planting.

And most don't realize our cattle numbers are down to 1950 numbers. Why because big corporate farming has taken over and they pump the animals full of crap to get them to weight faster. Chickens and pigs are no better either.

Tyson can raise the same meat chickens I am in half the time, because few one to pay for local grown not pumped full of steroids and antibiotics chicken.

I had to continue your rant Rhyno.

New studies are showing that no til is about the worst thing you can do to farm ground. A lot of people do it around here to.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

We've lost our cat it seems. Not sure if she was hit by a car, eaten by a coyote, or "transplanted" by a neighbor who didn't like her and its sucks not knowing. I know to some it's not a big deal but we really loved her...I just feel sick :(

It is a big deal and it sucks. Hopefully she'll make it home.

it is definitely a big deal dude, and that is awful... I can't imagine how you're feeling.

Hope to hear of a safe return soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back