THP Ultimate Club Testing - Venue & Itinerary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Double occupancy per room? Wife wants to sit around pool and use the spa....why not?

Its a decision we made based on the event we are hosting and the package that it includes. To give you an example and this is just one of the many reasons we have done this for this event (there are others).

What happens if 3 people decide to bring their wives? That means one person is stuck in a room with no other occupant. Does that mean we should up everybody's charges to cover that extra room half a room?

This event is not an outing or a demo day or an Invitational. These we welcome everybody and always have. This is about club testing and doing it in one of the most unique ways we have attempted, or frankly seen done.

I completely understand that it may/will cause issues for some. We apologize greatly for that, but because it is such as a small and limited event it is something we felt the need to set up this way.

I havent mentioned anything yet to the wife. I Figure illschmooze her for a few weeks and when she catches on then tell her what I want to go LOL. In theory this will work!

<--------------- FIRST POST WITH MY NEW ALBATROSS CLUB TAG!

My only hold up right now would be my freakin lack of vacation days.

*Cough Cough...* Maybe I won't be feeling good around that time??
I have ****ty handwriting, I'll write you a doctor's note.

Love that this is in driving distance for me - pondering......

My only hold up right now would be my freakin lack of vacation days.

*Cough Cough...* Maybe I won't be feeling good around that time??

I can get you a note, but you'll have to explain why it's from an OB/Gyn

I completely understand that it may/will cause issues for some. We apologize greatly for that, but because it is such as a small and limited event it is something we felt the need to set up this way.

No worries. We'll be in Orlando for two weeks, so extending the trip a couple days was easy. Deciding to separate from the family is a little different decision...quality time gets rarer with each passing year.

I assume getting them their own room outside of the package is our business and not a concern should we choose to do so.

No worries. We'll be in Orlando for two weeks, so extending the trip a couple days was easy. Deciding to separate from the family is a little different decision...quality time gets rarer with each passing year.

I assume getting them their own room outside of the package is our business and not a concern should we choose to do so.

That would be the case.

I can't explain how excited I am about this one! I really hope it works out that I am able to sign up and go but I have a few obstacles I am working though at the moment... Man, I really want to do this!

Assuming it worked out and I get in and want to buy a separate room to bring the wife and kid, is there an issue staying in that room vs. the THP room as long as I've also paid for the THP room?

Or maybe we'd just stick the baby in the THP room...

Just kidding. :)

If someone wants to pay for 2 rooms, then have at it.

I can tell people that it is something they really want to think about before committing and bringing a family. We are talking about being gone on the course from the time you get up in the morning until dinner time and then I am sure the golfers will want to get together with the guys from the company and THP and talk about the rounds, as well as the item being tested some more.

I urge anybody thinking about bringing their family, to check out the area and realize that this is a trip packed with stuff to do. We have so many events that cater to everybody (just finished one in Orlando that was extremely family friendly), this is one that is specifically designed for golfers.

I saw Apopka as the address and thought it'd be easier to drive towards Clermont and go north from there. Maps has me saving about 40 miles and going up 75 towards Ocala and cutting over from there. My mind just got blown away on where it is in relation to Orlando.

Yeah, that part of Lake County is a world away from Orlando in so many ways, even though it's just a 30 minute drive to Orlando proper. Not a bad drive actually from Tampa. Keeps you off of I-4 so that's always good.

That would be the case.

Cool. Thanks.

Btw, it isn't lost on me that you want participants to be focused on the equipment, the knowledge transfer and the golf without distraction, and to take the testing and reviewing seriously.

If we go, that is a given. That's the point of participating. Just with the benefit of tucking the kids in at night and sitting in the hot tub with the wife to end our vacation.

Cool. Thanks.

Btw, it isn't lost on me that you want participants to be focused on the equipment, the knowledge transfer and the golf without distraction, and to take the testing and reviewing seriously.

If we go, that is a given. That's the point of participating. Just with the benefit of tucking the kids on at night.

Im not disputing any of that buddy. I am really not and completely understand. I am just trying to pass on the knowledge of both the area, the resort we are staying at and the idea of what this event is.

People not golfing are going to be left with not a lot to do. Then add when dinner rolls around and people want to get together for food and drinks and discuss the days events as well as get to spend some time the people from the company, it makes it hard to do with family.

It'll cost me some sort of nice night out etc but I think it'll be worth it in the long run

Hey, I could use that note. Between the wife getting sick earlier this year and all the family vacation days, I am short on VC days for this. I will just have to make this a quick weekend, unless I get a Dr.'s note. I have tons of sick time.

I need to finally get on this albatross wagon. Not sure what has taken so long lol. What an amazing site.

Well, I just need to figure out if I can work this in with family vacation schedule and stuff. Obviously this is a no brainer otherwise!

Southwest has flights from $135 one way right now from SLC to MCO! This one might come together for me....

Nice RT.

The Finale
At the end of the weekend, you get to keep your newly fitted and tested equipment to be named later to continue to review.

Not trying to cut out the rest of a very cool concept, but I just want to bump this quote and say how cool I think that is..

No blind guessing at equipment, we're talking about a fitted-for-your-game guarantee. I absolutely LOVE that idea and think it's the best part of all this (behind being around other THPers, of course).

Not trying to cut out the rest of a very cool concept, but I just want to bump this quote and say how cool I think that is..

No blind guessing at equipment, we're talking about a fitted-for-your-game guarantee. I absolutely LOVE that idea and think it's the best part of all this (behind being around other THPers, of course).
So, that means you are making the trip to Florida. Awesome dude!

So, that means you are making the trip to Florida. Awesome dude!

Yeah, I mean it's nout like I've gout four THP trips planned three mounths around it, may as well add one more hauhauha!

In due time.. In due time..

Yeah, I mean it's nout like I've gout four THP trips planned three mounths around it, may as well add one more hauhauha!

In due time.. In due time..

I better be seeing you at this dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back