Bridgestone J40 Wedges

Love the look of the black oxide but I do not care for the rusted look. Can't wait to get some playtime in with mine this weekend.

If you take care to wipe them down after, they don't rust too much. My 56 has barely any oxidation on it after pretty much a full season of play.

Loving all the pics. Like Freddie, this was a very versatile wedge for me. Can't wait to see how they perform for everyone.

Just ordered 52/54/58 with the 52 bent to 50 in satin. Turns out the seller didn't have satin in stock after all so swapped for the black ox. Can only say I don't care how much they rust as long as they perform better than my current no-brand wedges! :)

Hopefully they'll be in the country by next week so I can start hitting them. Bag almost complete too.

loving the look the wedges you guys have received so far. The OSU shafts look nice in them Bradd. Big fan of the Black Oxide, esp when you let them rust a bit. The J40 is just a great looking and performing wedge. I think you all are in for treat with these.

Looking good boys. Black looks really good. I would have gone satin style I think.

Black oxide j40 is hawtttt!

Excited to get these and start to work...I do alot of damage with my wedges.

These arrived 2 hours ago....

Wedges_zpsf5bbc2d7.jpg

Just got back from my first practice green session with the J40s. It was like we had been slaying greens together for years! From the get go I could tell I was getting some GREAT spin with them. Honestly I really wanted to try to NCAA shafts because it is something great that Bridgestone offers and I thought for The Morgan Cup they should get full exposure to some of their great offerings. However, I wasn't quite sure how it would effect my game around the greens. I was interested in the DG Spinners because I like to have as much spin around the greens as possible. So needless to say I was extremely interested to see how the shafts effected my chipping and the spin that I generated. I don't think I made bad contact with a single chip, so its performance and weight are nothing that throws me off from my normal short game with DG wedge shafts. I was completely blown away by the amount of spin I was generating. Part of that I'm sure is due to the fact that they are brand new sharp wedges, but I don't remember seeing this kind of spin on Indiana greens EVER with my Callaway wedges. That is saying a lot because everyone knows how much I love my Callaway wedges and everyone saw at last years MC how well they performed for me as far as greenside spin goes. This has got me really excited about heading into the future with these wedges and seeing how they perform on full shots.

One thing about these wedges is they just look so awesome that they inspire a lot of confidence in me. I'm looking forward to putting them to the test even more on the course. Looks like it will be good weather for golf this weekend so I'll have more to report!

Sounds like a winner from the get go, everyone raved about the spin, glad u were seeing that already early on. Can't wait to get my hands on mine.

Dude I'm not even gonna lie...I wasnt expecting to see that much spin. I truly underestimated them. I thought with the shaft combo I would get average spin and maybe see something like I see with the Callaways which I would have been happy with. I am very glad they exceeded my expectations.

Dude I'm not even gonna lie...I wasnt expecting to see that much spin. I truly underestimated them. I thought with the shaft combo I would get average spin and maybe see something like I see with the Callaways which I would have been happy with. I am very glad they exceeded my expectations.

That's solid, I'm a no to low spin player so any assistance I can get in that area is always appreciated

Liking what I am seeing and hearing so far. Can't wait to get mine in and start dialing in the distances

Great first results Bradd....can't wait to give mine a go...with the DG spinners in my 54/58, I can't only imagine the kind of spin I am going to get because I am a fairly high spin player to begin with.

That's solid, I'm a no to low spin player so any assistance I can get in that area is always appreciated

I'm not a high spin player with my irons but I seem to generate some spin with my wedges. Not just with these but with other that I have had also. These definitely take the cake so far as the spinniest wedges I have played right out of the box. There is no question about it.

This was my view looking down today

Cool ass view Bradd!

I've been saying how well these play since I put them in the bag. Now you finally know what I am talking about. Best I've played, if you have technique they will shine!

I've been saying how well these play since I put them in the bag. Now you finally know what I am talking about. Best I've played, if you have technique they will shine!

What if u don't have technique? Lol use putter?

Couple more pics. These wedges are so CLEAN! Wish my name started with a B or J haha! Or these were called the T40s.

God I'm a nerd.

ju6ynery.jpg
e7y5apyv.jpg

You definitely had me pumped for these wedged Freddie but I was still a little skeptical. I am glad you speak the truth and pumped that it was a quick and easy adjustment to these. Now today I will find out how these work on full shots, I've got a 2:38 tee time and the weather looks to be great! Gonna put them to the test on the course. Cant wait

Got a chance to get out and play for the first time with these wedges on Sunday. To be completely honest, I have never played with anything more than a pitching wedge in my game before. So this was definitely an adjustment for me.

First few holes around the green were extremely rough. I bladed a few across the green and left a few well short. When I hit a bad shot, I would lay a few balls down and try to reproduce the shot that I had originally wanted. Luckily, there wasn't a ton of people out on my course and so I had a chance to work on a few different shots and play around with different scenarios a bit. I will say by the end of the round, I was hitting much better shots and was even sticking a few close. The J40 54* wedge was instrumental in helping me save par after a duffed an iron shot on my second shot on a par 4. (I actually videoed it for a HOTD). Stuck it to about 8 feet and was able to get up and down for par.

The spin that these wedges produce is really incredible. I also toyed around with opening the face a bit for flop shots and I definitely need to practice this more because the results were not that encouraging, LOL. Overall, it was a great first experience with these wedges and I think they are going to be a great addition to my bag.

Nice thoughts dude. It takes time to get comfortable with most pieces of new equipment. Since you saw some positive results I'm sure you will be deadly with these in no time

Back