The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
False. There is no reason not to know Star Wars. Know who doesn't know Star Wars? Terrorists.

And me. Every time I try to watch Star Wars I get bored.

If I remember right, you're pretty young. You've probably had all six episodes available to you most of your life. Starting with IV never knowing the others existed is the only true way to appreciate it. If you started with any of I-III before seeing and of IV-VI you've done yourself a disservice that will haunt you for the rest of your life.

...and you're probably a terrorist.

Camp JakeNation 2.0

ana5ahaq.jpg

And me. Every time I try to watch Star Wars I get bored.

Honestly, if you really want to get into Star Wars, I think Episode IV could be skipped when looking at the original trilogy. Everyone (except Terrorists apparently) knows that Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are the two must watches and you will definitely not be bored watching those. Just my two cents from a younger generation view.

I hear ya Smallie, we did that for years before we could afford a decent camper. No thanks!

Honestly, if you really want to get into Star Wars, I think Episode IV could be skipped when looking at the original trilogy. Everyone (except Terrorists apparently) knows that Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are the two must watches and you will definitely not be bored watching those. Just my two cents from a younger generation view.

Nope. Episode IV gives Empire a purpose. It's a must view.

The proper viewing order of Star Wars is episodes:

IV, V, VI and that's it. I-III are unnecessary.

Nope. Episode IV gives Empire a purpose. It's a must view.

The proper viewing order of Star Wars is episodes:

IV, V, VI and that's it. I-III are unnecessary.

He said he was bored watching it. Episode IV was a little slow and the Death Star gets "destroyed" at the end, almost suggesting that if it wasn't a hit that was the end of it (luckily for all of us it was popular) When Lucas really had funding and could get real involved started with V. But I agree completely Blu, if you are going to watch Star Wars, do it right and watch IV-VI.

He said he was bored watching it. Episode IV was a little slow and the Death Star gets "destroyed" at the end, almost suggesting that if it wasn't a hit that was the end of it (luckily for all of us it was popular) When Lucas really had funding and could get real involved started with V. But I agree completely Blu, if you are going to watch Star Wars, do it right and watch IV-VI.

Lucas didn't get funding or V. He funded the production without studio support.

Fun fact there.

Also, remember that the Godfather ended with a door being shut. So a lead into a sequel isn't necessary for awesomeness.

If you saw someone drowning, and you knew how to swim and save them, would you just stand there and criticize them for not knowing how to swim? Of course not, you would be just as guilty for not sharing your knowledge and saving them.

If you substitute "Star Wars" for "swimming," the same rules apply.

I won't name names, but I'm looking in his general direction.

Only an ambulance chaser would try to form this kind of argument. Not knowing how to do something would not be the same buddy. It would be the same if the argument was this person could not figure out how to open the package that contained said movie.

Lucas didn't get funding or V. He funded the production without studio support.

Fun fact there.
Doh! I forgot, most successful indy film of all time! Shoulda known that one.

Doh! I forgot, most successful indy film of all time! Shoulda known that one.

Depends on how you define "indie film", but yes that has been said.

Now I'm thoroughly confused on Star Wars........

Depends on how you define "indie film", but yes that has been said.

Open to interpretation. Indie has changed over the years, but I say it's without huge studio support. Blu takin me to school today.

Now I'm thoroughly confused on Star Wars........

It was a program under Ronald Reagan for a satellite laser powered missile defense system

It was a program under Ronald Reagan for a satellite laser powered missile defense system

Bahahaha I also heard it had spying applications and investigated light speed capabilities.

Open to interpretation. Indie has changed over the years, but I say it's without huge studio support. Blu takin me to school today.

It did have huge studio support with distribution. Just not production.

Only an ambulance chaser would try to form this kind of argument. Not knowing how to do something would not be the same buddy. It would be the same if the argument was this person could not figure out how to open the package that contained said movie.

The ad hominem attacks (or ad hoch. Definitely an "ad") only make my point stronger.

It's time for you to make things right. Just show The Empire Strikes Back and give a 30-second synopsis of Episode IV beforehand.

Trying to figure out if this is a generational thing.

Rickie Fowler Crown Plaza commercials: Funny or Douchey?

I think everyone should have a cowboy room, don't ya think? We've got ours started.

e3a8ate8.jpg

We have one too Nate.
We call it the bathroom though. Similar result at the end with a quick flush.
Speaking of Dallas Cowboys of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back