Recap & Picture Thread - 2013 THP Outing - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

Part III

I met T2GRN and his wife at demo day and immediately took a liking to both of them. I was excited that we would be playing a round together on Sunday. Mrs. T2GRN told me that she is pretty new to the game and is taking lessons at Golftec. I thought that was the smartest thing ever. Get it right now before you instill all the bad habits like I did early in my golfing life.

Ahh Kelly, I need to set the record straight here, I've been playing Golf more off than on for 20 some years. Now that my Mom job isn't quite so busy I've decided to focus on getting some reliable golf skills. I know all about trying to get those bad habits out of a swing - you saw most of mine re-merge last Sunday, much to my horror and frustration. Needless to say I had a lot to share with my Golftec instructor during my lesson today. After torquing my shoulder turn more, the little white ball started going a lot further and a lot straighter at the driving range tonight. Go figure! Gee, sound familiar Freddie? You were spot on dude!

Nevertheless, Thanks for the accolades Kelly - makes me feel like i just might have a swing in there somewhere.

I completely agree about couples golf. It does make it more fun when you play with other couples like you and Ole Gray!

Ahh Kelly, I need to set the record straight here, I've been playing Golf more off than on for 20 some years. Now that my Mom job isn't quite so busy I've decided to focus on getting some reliable golf skills. I know all about trying to get those bad habits out of a swing - you saw most of mine re-merge last Sunday, much to my horror and frustration. Needless to say I had a lot to share with my Golftec instructor during my lesson today. After torquing my shoulder turn more, the little white ball started going a lot further and a lot straighter at the driving range tonight. Go figure! Gee, sound familiar Freddie? You were spot on dude!

Nevertheless, Thanks for the accolades Kelly - makes me feel like i just might have a swing in there somewhere.

I completely agree about couples golf. It does make it more fun when you play with other couples like you and Ole Gray!

Sorry for the confusion. I can be senile at times. :)

Either way, you are on the right track with lessons and I cannot wait to see your progress. I saw some great shots out there and I really appreciate your compliments on my game. It came from over a year of monthly lessons and a lot of practice. My health wasn't too good last year and I'm just starting to get my game back lately. One thing I've learned from last year is to appreciate every single time I'm out there and don't take it too seriously. It's just a game so always remember to have fun. Can't wait to see you two again in Atlanta and to meet your son.

I've found my golf hero: KellyBo. I told her I want to have a swing just like hers when I grow up. I was completely serious! Man she can smack the ball! Playing with her and Ole Gray was a total pleasure and i hope to do again soon. It was so much fun watching them, they are so comfortable with each other and it's obvious they enjoy playing together. That's exactly how I hope Kev and I are when we retire. If I don't smother him in his sleep before then! He is still eating crow for his comment on my putt. I Hit it too hard, my butt!

The Villa Crawl gave new meaning to the crawl concept. Again, Wow. I remember lots of balls ( the green Oreo and mrs. Cookie - Stephanie's, awesome cake balls especially), slushies, moonshine, and Ole Gray struttin' his stuff. I hope I can get tickets when he goes on tour. Will there be an encore performance next year? Speaking of Villas, cwbonner and the JConns were fantastic roommates! I highly recommend them for future outings but you are going to have to fight me for them. We have dibs.

Lee first of all welcome to the forum! It was so much fun playing with you and Kevin and we look forward to getting together again asap. It's really cool how you can meet someone and it feels like they have been your neighbors for several months already. :D I'm always up to something kind of silly so yea, the "concert" could possibly happen again :guitar:. I'm happy you made the trip down with kevin and now you are officially hooked :thumb:

Same goes. I'm trying to figure out if I can get a business trip to Ft. Gordon with my golf fanatic.

Business trip huh? I thinking relocating to Augusta would be a better option :D

What a thread!!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

I'm taking a bit of time out from work to try to get some thoughts down while I still remember.

My Saturday morning round was amazing. Got to tee it up with none other than Yorkem, Ddec and rtparty. What a group. I'd pay good money to tee it up with any of these guys again. My partner for the competitive(ish) round was rtparty. This guy really can crush a ball with such an effortless looking swing (just ask the residents to the right of the 3rd hole!) Lounge shot followed by bedroom shot was the best one-two combo I've seen in a while! We all had our moments on that front 9, but had good fun doing it. Ddec's short game caught fire at one point and I thought he might go low if only he'd stop aiming for the greens! Yorkem proclaimed that he was struggling with his irons but I'm sure I caught him being sneaky good around the greens more than once. I limped to a +7 total of 43 on the front 9.

Then something happened. My playing partners got the hang of golfing with a Scotsman, and handed me more beer. Big shout out to Mrs Yorkem for saving us on the 10th tee, and Ddec for playing catch-the-bottle with varying degrees of success. Yorkem totally showed us all the way on the 10th tee, but we won't tell anyone which way we went. I managed to bogey the last hole for a -1 total of 35 on the back 9 (thanks beer!), including an out-of-character flop shot from the back of 18 to about 3 feet....prompting questions of 'have you ever played that shot in Scotland??' from my playing partners.

My first ever 18 in shorts! Honestly one of the most fun rounds I've had in a good while, and that's all down to the company. Hope I get the chance to do that again.

Saturday afternoon, I think I promised to play in about 4 different groups, before we all headed en masse over to the Nicklaus course to get started again. Little did I know how much the cocktail of humidity, heat, beer and no lunch would take out of me. I think I was swinging for the first 3 and then it was auto pilot! Anyhow, I got myself in another great group (I don't think there was a bad group to get in), consisting of rtparty, Arydolphin and Playdough. These guys all have game and hit the ball really well. We had some laughs even though I only lasted 9 before throwing in the towel! Ryan was really starting to crush that RFX from the tee and it looked like it could be the start of a very nice relationship. I managed to hit a great drive about 6 inches past Playdough's 3 wood at one point and was very pleased with that result! That thing is a bomber! Ary managed to avoid his 9..... :D I walked in after 9 and decided I'd be more use paddling about in my villa with a cold beer. I'll update that bit later....!

I've been slow on these so I apologize. Here is my Thursday Recap.

Thursday started off great, landed in Tampa about 20 minutes ahead of schedule, got the rental car and our bags with no issues. We hit the road, avoided any traffic jams, and hit up a Steak and Shake for my pre-outing meal! Man it was delicious, thank you Frisco Melt. Pull in to Reunion around noon, which was about 20 minutes too late for Mrs. Golf4life and GolferGal who were waiting at the villa to hit the town with nerfny. With the wife out of the way it meant it was time for golf. I caught up quickly with pmoa and my villa mate bmwnola before changing and taking the special bus over to the clubhouse with my pal Amol. We called for the shuttle and thought we would be getting just a golf cart, however an entire 15 person bus showed up just for us. That’s right, Reunion recognized how big of deal Amol is. Got over to the the bar and grill area in front of the pro shop and ran into some of the familiar faces I have come to expect at these outings. It’s always a great feeling when you walk in a room and you see people that you haven’t seen in far too long, even though you talk to them practically every day.

On to the round. I was paired up with Yorkem, War Eagle, and JJmorris. As to be expected at these functions, the round was excellent. I have played with both Yorkem and War once before, I had never teed it up with JJ. I know Jake loves the guy so I had to see what he was all about. The stories are true, he is in fact awesome. It was a nice and relaxed round. War displayed some great course management skills at times, showing just how much his game has improved from the last outing we teed it up at. The guy didn’t even accept good-good from bunkers because he knew he was getting up and down with no worry. Yorkem was bombing his driving and played just a fantastic round of golf. At one point he had a 12 footer that would have given him 3 birdies in a row. He missed, because that’s what he does hehe Life has gotten in the way for him lately so it was great to see him out and having a good time. He really is one of the nicest guys on THP. On to JJ, I’m glad I got a round in with this guy. He sent me one of the Masters SuperStroke grips because they sold out before I could buy one. He’s just that kind of guy. A real pleasure to tee it up with and he even made some personal history during the round. Just like me, JJ was coming from courses with slow greens, so the quickness of these greens were causing early heartaches. Well on the 7th hole he steps up with a driver and stops it inside 20 feet for an eagle try. Walking up to the green he tells the group that he’s never made an eagle before, and I think he said this was his first real eagle putt. Immediately we all thought he would 4 putt. Not JJ, maybe the only time all round he found the perfect line with the perfect speed and he died that thing right in to the center of the cup and followed it with a first pump that even TW would applaud.

Thursday night we hit up the rooftop bar, which offered a fantastic setting and amazing views. I could have stayed up there all night. Once majority of the THPers arrived and mingled we moved back downstairs for some dinner. Dinner was fun as I got to meet more people that I have not met before as well as old friends. Dinner turned in to later night drinks and hanging out with guys like One-T, Howzat, Arydolphin, Jman. Listening to One-T talk about the Ping Dot system was pretty damn funny. Waited up for Ben the Annihilator to arrive so I could meet him, and also for JConn to show. Shortly after those guys checked in, I checked out. Demo Day was going to come earlier than normal for me. I jokingly told GolferGal to look for my letter of resignation sometime around 5:30AM.

Deeeeeeeeeean!

Wow! I am so late with this recap! Life came at me hard when we got home to NJ!!!!!

What A Blast!!!! This weekend is easily one of my favourites of every year! G4L and myself got to Reunion Thursday morning and he immediately went off to play his first of 2 rounds that day! I went off to spend time with GolferGal and Nerfny! Just 3 years ago these 2 were pretty much strangers to me and now I count them as 2 of my dearest friends!! Love ya chicky's!! The meet and greet was great- so fun to see familiar faces and meet some new peeps too! The whole gang taking over the lobby by the bar was priceless! That waitress worked her tail off for us and smiled the whole time! Even she felt the THP magic!!!!

Friday was fabulous! I loved the live feedback at the demo. I didn't review anything (except lovebugs :smile:) but loved watching everyone else reviewing things and having fun doing it! I grabbed the Wilson D-100 ladies driver just to "warm up" because I hadn't swung my club in about 8 months!! I was very happy to find that my swing wasn't buried too deep and I was hitting pretty well! I didn't attest this to the club........ until Saturday's round.... more on that later. I will say this, I LOVE the Winn Grips on that club!! I really just love the softer, smoother feel than what is currently on my clubs! So, if you are reading this, please encourage Golf4Life to buy his wife some new grips!!! Thanks.
I do have to give a BIG shout out to Sam from Bridgestone! Sam, YOU ROCK!!! When I finally got my turn for the ball fitting, I told him how much I love my precept clear, which I affectionately call my "Jelly Ball" due to its cool ability to look gelatinous as it rolls across the green. He agreed that that is a good ball for me but had me try out the E6 which I actually hit a tiny bit better. However, he could tell that I like the look of the precept much better and he told me that he thought he had some colored E6's in his van. He proceeded to leave the tent (with a bunch of guys still in line) to walk me over to van and start searching for the balls. He literally looked everywhere in that van and when he couldn't find them he apologized and gave me a very cool orange Bridgestone hat!!! He also gave one to Nerfny because she came over to chat with me while he was searching!! He actually apologized a couple more times that he couldn't find the colored balls!!! What a cool guy!!!!! He could have just given me the regular E6's and told me that I should't worry about looks, but he didn't! Also, he sat out there ALL DAY and was super nice to everyone! THANKS SAM!!!!!!
Friday's banquet dinner was most excellent and the Wheel Of Destiny was fun as usual! So exciting when people win and so fun to Boo them when they win too much :wink:

Saturday was EPIC!! What a beautiful day for golf!!! I had the utmost pleasure of golfing with Nerfny and LeeB18 (Mrs T2GRN). We were owning that course!! Lee has some great insight to the game (it's just like a man, right?) and is a really thoughtful player! We all had our share of great shots and our share of flubs, but we laughed all day long regardless! We switched to a scramble about half way through and that was the best idea ever! Also about this time, I realized that I wasn't hitting my driver as well as I was at the demo!! Hmmmm.... is my love affair with my Callaway Solaire over? Did the Winn grips I love so much really make that much difference? Dang! I should've paid more attention at the demo! Anyhoo, we girls learned from each other and laughed at (and with) each other. We are all at different levels of our game but had no problem playing together and that is what is so great about these outings! Just FYI- if Nerfny lends you her divot tool, watch your back ;)
The villa Crawl was amazing fun! I loved how it was organized and all of the thought and time that went into each villa! It was so exciting to head to the next villa wondering what the theme/food/drink would be! I will post some pics in a moment- I had to borrow G4L's photobucket account to get them on here. Standby for silliness...

Sunday, the Mr and I had to head out super early to be in Princeton, NJ for a wedding by 3pm! We were super sad to miss Sunday with you all.

SOME MEMORIES:
~Freddie calling me beautiful when I was lining up a shot from the 17th fairway. :bashful: The words, "like an angel" were spoken as well! I think you need to have a chat with MrG4L Freddie!!!
~Getting our arse's whooped by OleGray at the crawl! Hilarious!
~Driving 30minutes with G4L to find breakfast, getting lost for another 15 minutes, finding a bagel place, waiting forever for our bagels and then driving past the DunkinDonuts 30 seconds away from the resort on our way back the morning of the demo!! Always an adventure with you babe!!
~Those Cuban sandwich bites that MrsRoundersRob made!!!!! YUM!
~Almost getting hit by one of JB's shots off the 7th tee. Second time he's almost killed me. I'm afraid to go to any more outings.
~Getting a tour of Annika Academy and even quick mini-club fitting! What a cool place!
~Helium Call to GolferGal after the crawl. Too much fun!

I love the photo-ops!! PS you loved me grabbing that divot tool;)

that photo booth was awesome

See Mom, my internet friends are totally normal!

Welcome to the USA!!

Idrops is the master Photobomber!!

A cute couple indeed.

PRE-SHOWER:

Studs...... or so they think.

It's a good look. Really!

pretty much sums up OneT..

This is both adorable and frightening at the same time:

He got stuck on the decorations!!! HAHAHA!!

There's a video to go with this too...

Buckjob liked his arse whoopin'

Outfitted from every villa

We found this lurking in the bushes. Sorry Hawk-pretty sure you were violated.

Wandering THPers

HAHAHA!!!

One of my favourite couples:

BEST picture of the night!

So much love :)

This guy is Freaking Hot!!!!!

Late night call to GolferGal:

IMG_8496_zpsc4c2a286.jpg

This call was made after sucking the helium out of the balloons we had around the villa!!

Those pictures are so funny! LMAO :laughing::rofl::thumb::clapp:... THP Outings are kind of fun to go to, ya think :blob:

Why did you have to post that picture twice!! haha

I don't trust Mrs. G4L with a camera anymore!

I wouldn't trust you in front of a camera intoxicated! Haha

See the picture GG posted in the villa crawl thread as example number 1!!

That's my balloon....

Back