Golf in Monroe, Ga.

I was playing my heart out and when the scores were added up and we tied my shoulders shrugged and the air went out of my sail. I had visions of DD with the Ga Tech Avy.

Typing away using Tapatalk!

That would have been funny but if my pack of barking dawgs up that way had helped me out today you would be sporting the new avy. Good shooting buddy, that is quite a turn around from Thursday.

Last edited:
That would have been funny but if my pack of barking dawgs up that way had helped me out today you would be sporting the new avy. Good shooting buddy, that is quite a turn around from Thursday.

Yep however last Thursday my focus was just not in the game. Thursday, I was swatting at my putts, chipping was blah, and my head was not n the game. I had 31 putts yesterday which is good for me along with some all around steady play. I'm swearing off range time prior to playing. It's just too much stress on my bad knee, hitting Gawd knows how many balls and then trying to play 18 holes. I found out using all of my pre round warming up on the putting green, worked pretty darn well yesterday.

Miller Time and a friend of his are coming up today. We'll see how it goes with the scoring today while less pounding of balls prior to play.

Sounds like a good plan buddy, good luck on your round today and tell Josh hi for me. I am heading over to Twin City with some friends in just a few minutes.

Let me know what comes from your appointment, will it be this week?

Sounds like a good plan buddy, good luck on your round today and tell Josh hi for me. I am heading over to Twin City with some friends in just a few minutes.

Let me know how TC looks! It was in perfect shape last time I was there. Lightning fast greens and tough pins. Hit em straight!

I have not set it yet although I have been investigating the facilities at St Mary's Hospital in Athens, Ga. They are rated very high and have won national acclaim with their orthopedic department. It doesn't hurt that it is only 30 minutes away too, so it's a no brainer. KellyBo wanted me to wait two weeks, rest it more, and see how much difference it makes. I really would love to wait until January to have surgery if it's possible. I spent a chunk of money on our membership this year and out up to three months with a total knee replacement, would probably drive me nutty. Well more nuttier than I am already :D. Hitting 100 + balls a day five days a week, has not helped my game in the least. it has actually hurt it because of the soreness from the pounding and twisting motion.

Hit em good at Twin Cities!

If it helps, I was playing 18 holes in five weeks after TKR and walked 18 at eight weeks.

Once it gets to bone on bone not much helps. Get the quads as strong as possible before going in then work your tail off in rehab.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If it helps, I was playing 18 holes in five weeks after TKR and walked 18 at eight weeks.

Once it gets to bone on bone not much helps. Get the quads as strong as possible before going in then work your tail off in rehab.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That is truly encouraging (five weeks) ! I remember the PT after my first surgery and it was painful but a necessary discomfort to keep the scar tissue and range of motion in check. I felt like my PT instructor was a fricking drill Sargent :beat-up:.

Once KB and I get the dermatologist and heart doc paid off, I'll set a date to get this done.

Our course's greens are back to running very quick again. We have the Member/Guest Tournament this coming weekend and they are pressing and rolling them again. Josh and his buddy should really enjoy them today :alien:.

I have not set it yet although I have been investigating the facilities at St Mary's Hospital in Athens, Ga. They are rated very high and have won national acclaim with their orthopedic department. It doesn't hurt that it is only 30 minutes away too, so it's a no brainer. KellyBo wanted me to wait two weeks, rest it more, and see how much difference it makes. I really would love to wait until January to have surgery if it's possible. I spent a chunk of money on our membership this year and out up to three months with a total knee replacement, would probably drive me nutty. Well more nuttier than I am already :D. Hitting 100 + balls a day five days a week, has not helped my game in the least. it has actually hurt it because of the soreness from the pounding and twisting motion.

Bill, when you do schedule your surgery, talk to your club. At my club, they will suspend dues for the duration of your surgery and rehab. I've had two of my buddies go in for knee replacement and that's what our club did for them.

Bill, when you do schedule your surgery, talk to your club. At my club, they will suspend dues for the duration of your surgery and rehab. I've had two of my buddies go in for knee replacement and that's what our club did for them.

This is something I will definitely check on! Thanks Ken.

Let me know how TC looks! It was in perfect shape last time I was there. Lightning fast greens and tough pins. Hit em straight!
The greens have been punched and sanded, they don't roll good at all and they certainly are not fast. Shot a so/so 87 from the whites.

As long as you and the Doctor are comfortable I agree with waiting as long as you can stand it. I never want to be cut if I can avoid or delay it. Do go ahead and see the Doctor no matter what you think in 2 weeks.

Today we had a fun Memorial Day round with KellyBo, Joshmir, & his friend Dan. I shot 85 again just like yesterday with a little different variation. Yesterday was 43 + 42 and today was 45+ 40. Once I put the frigging driver down and hit my 2 hybrid off the tee, I was shooting at the greens from the middle of the fairways. It's a good thing I didn't bet Dawg today. KellyBo shot 83 to trim me by two shots. I think Josh shot an 83.

Last edited:
Today we had a fun Memorial Day round with KellyBo, Joshmir, & his friend Dan. I shot 85 again just like yesterday with a little different variation. Yesterday was 43 + 42 and today was 45+ 40. Once I put the frigging driver down and hit my 2 hybrid off the tee, I was shooting at the greens from the middle of the fairways. It's a good thing I didn't bet Dawg today. KellyBo shot 83 to trim me by two shots. I think Josh shot an 84.

Yeah, I dodged that yellow jacket bullet one time not too sure I will put myself in line for that one again. :whew:

That is good shooting by everyone, nice scoring folks.

Had a blast with KB and OG today! 39/44 with 31 putts for my best round ever at MCC. I rolled it really well on those tough greens today and BTW, OG has the best nickname for his driver.. I'm tempted to give mine a similar name.

bmg4f3B.jpg

Hey KB and Bill, I would like to get over there again to play with Marc when he gets in, if there are any openings. He drove all the way across the valley to play with me in Las Vegas and I got to feeling pretty puny and wimped out on him after nine. He is a really nice young man and heck of a golfer. It was fun teeing up with him at Paiute.

Hey KB and Bill, I would like to get over there again to play with Marc when he gets in, if there are any openings. He drove all the way across the valley to play with me in Las Vegas and I got to feeling pretty puny and wimped out on him after nine. He is a really nice young man and heck of a golfer. It was fun teeing up with him at Paiute.

Sounds great Lefty! I heard you were really sick and had to leave. He said the wind was so bad at Paiute that you guys couldn't even hear each other talking. Maybe next time will be better. Marc is flying in on July 8 and leaving July 19th so we'll plan something during that time.

Marc will be with us for a couple of weeks. We are looking forward to you and any of the Georgia gang who have not met or played golf with Marc, to come join us.

Marc will be with us for a couple of weeks. We are looking forward to you and any of the Georgia gang to have not met or played golf with Marc, to come join us.

You know I am heading up to meet Marc, don't really know how I have not met him as yet but that will change in July.

You know I am heading up to meet Marc, don't really know how I have not met him as yet but that will change in July.

Marc is a fun guy to play golf with and he's got a pretty decent game too :alien:

Learnt it all from you Billy!

We gonna be sweating our butts off in the summer heat.

Learnt it all from you Billy!

We gonna be sweating our butts off in the summer heat.
I see you're practicing your southern accent for the trip. You need to get that last line down though. I know you can do better than that.

I'd love to get over and tee it up with y'all and meet Marc while he's here. Just let me know if there is room when you put something together.

I'd love to get over and tee it up with y'all and meet Marc while he's here. Just let me know if there is room when you put something together.

We will certainly keep you loop Ken! It's going to be fun couple of weeks with Marc in town :thumb:

We will certainly keep you loop Ken! It's going to be fun couple of weeks with Marc in town :thumb:

Why are you up and posting before 4 a.m.? Knee bothering you?

I just realized that Marc's visit will coincide with my Myrtle Beach trip, I will need to get up there the first week he is here to have our round, hope it works out that we can.

Back