Recommend me some shoes for the range...

JoeyJoeJo

Reaction score
Range mats are killing my shoes so need something robust but that also feels like a golf shoe (I don't like the range with ordinary sport shoes), what are you guys using....?

This is adidas after 8 months:
toes-ad.jpg

And this is my lovely M Project after only two weeks :crying:
toes-m.jpg

I would recommend a range without mats.

Callaway Del Mar. Almost always wear them to the range and they are so comfortable.

Callaway Del Mar. Almost always wear them to the range and they are so comfortable.

Agree. I walk in them when I play as well.

Yep, Del Mar's are stupid comfy. I hardly wear my 4.0's now because of them.

Nike Lunar Ascends, best walking/practice shoe I have tried. Especially in the summer heat.

Barefoot. Will help your balance tremendously.

THPing on Tapatalk

I would recommend a range without mats.
Would be great but not an option I have unfortunately

Barefoot. Will help your balance tremendously.
I'm sure it would but something I'd inflict on my local range goers! And anyway, if the range is chewing shoes, can't imagine what it would do to my feet!

Nike Lunar Ascends, best walking/practice shoe I have tried. Especially in the summer heat.
Lunar ascends are a bit in your face, as this would be a combo street/range shoe, more conservative I think.

For the guys with the Callaways, I really like the look of them but the toes don't look particularly reinforced, do they hold up ok?

Been using my pair for 2 years without a single issue.

I keep a pair of old golf shoes for this very reason.

The Nike Lunar Swing Tips are another option, I've been wearing mine now for over a season, I wear them all over. Seem pretty similar to the Del Mar.

Having applied some fiscal responsibility, I've gone for a pair of Nike Lunar Swing Tips, anthracite canvas. For driving to the range, and driving at the range (how funny am I?!?) I'm sure they'll do just fine.

Callaways looked great but £45 vs £80 is a big difference especially when it's the second pair of golf shoes this month!

Thanks all for the input, Del Mars have been filed in case the Nikes don't work out, hopefully not a case of "buy cheap, buy twice"!!!! :D

lunarswingtips.jpg

I'll be interested to see how you like them. I've been interested in trying them out as well.

I have the black ones, with the gum colored bottoms and I like them. It is easy to forget they are golf shoes, I wear them out a lot these days as well and they do well off the course. I notice sometimes when I am walking, depending on the surface you can feel like nubs grip.

i absolutely loved the swing tips when i tried them on when i got my lunar controls. only reason i didn't get a pair was because they didn't have my size.
the Ashworth Cardiff's, Ecco Biom's, Ecco Street Premier, and Ecco Biom Hybrids are also very nice range shoes.

Your old shoes after you buy new ones for the course.

Anything that doesn't have a rubber sole or toe. I wear and play Footjoy Sports. Two pairs (white and black). I've had the black ones for nearly two years, play at least once per week and hit lots off the mats and they still look fantastic.

Just back from the range with the new lunar swingtips. Was nice not to have to change shoes once I got there!
The range was fresh mats and these are super grippy, surprisingly so (to me anyway), I've tried the range before with sports casual shoes but didn't like it, these are awesome. 170 balls later, all is good.
Very happy with function, and the colour will go with every trouser I have which is nice.
Hopefully they'll hold up longer than my "course" shoes :)

Thanks all for the input

lunar1.jpg

lunar2.jpg

lunar3.jpg

lunar4.jpg

lunar5.jpg

I have been wearing Foot Joy Casual Contours for a few months now and I don't think I could go back to a regular golf shoe

I usually wear my Adidas Samba's and most places have them for under 40.00 now.

Jeez, two sessions and there's wear on the right toe.
Guess I'm just destined to eat my way through shoes, I have no idea how you guys have two year old shoes that look great.

lunartoe.jpg

Back