TaylorMade R1 Black Driver Preview

My thoughts exactly. This is like the Long Tom driver head but with a little orange mixed in, which matches my bag perfectly.

I never liked the white look. This thing just looks mean.

My one issue is the PVD face. Those end up looking bad over time.

Yeah I noticed that after a while with the Stage 2 FW I tested the dark face gets marked up after a while you just have to deal with it.

I might have to take black spray paint to my R1! Haha

JB should have some in hand pictures of this driver from the golf course today.

Very nice. Thanks GG, I'm eager to see the in hands.

You'd have to thing this would seriously help there market share. Appealing to the masses is a smart move

I have a feeling this might end up in my bag. Will go great with my gunmetal irons. Very cool move by Taylormade.

I think it looks better than the spy pics we saw a little while back. Take those stripes off of it and it looks like the SuperTri to me.

IMO the last GREAT looking AND sounding driver TM has produced.

Looks sleek and sexy, almost taboo.

SuperTri is badass, I miss mine. I may need to Re-OEM one.

SuperTri is badass, I miss mine. I may need to Re-OEM one.

I was literally just thinking the same thing. High spin head, but damn did I enjoy it.

Holy cow! That looks sweet!

I was literally just thinking the same thing. High spin head, but damn did I enjoy it.

It really was, playing with the weights brought the spin down some too. Damn, eBay here I come.

I prefer the black, but still...it's just color. Kudos to marketing, big buzz for a different finish. We've entered iPhone territory.

Very nice - too bad I couldn't hit the white one I had!

It really was, playing with the weights brought the spin down some too. Damn, eBay here I come.

Never had the weight kit.....hmmm....

Damn you!

As to the black R1....if only they could make it SOUND like it wasn't ripping the souls out of children around the world when you hit it. Its better than the 11 and 11s, but still no where in the league of the 460 or ST.

JB should have some in hand pictures of this driver from the golf course today.

Twitter style, from the fingers of JB!

@hackersparadise: So far black @TaylorMadeGolf R1 plays great in sun. Looks outstanding.

BLhhGr-CQAAdHZV.jpg:large

TMAG is an absolute marketing genius!!

Um. Oh my.

CLASSIC TM is what that is screaming.

Looks even better outside!

I would prefer a matte black, but maybe thats how they get people to buy the R2 or next version. TMaG is still ahead of everyone else, they know how to move the needle.

More twitter based photos:

BLhgh_YCIAACqvM.jpg:large

Honestly, the contrast is nowhere near as much as compared to actual photos like the one JB shared above, and his latest on twitter.

More twitter based photos:

BLhgh_YCIAACqvM.jpg:large

Honestly, the contrast is nowhere near as much as compared to actual photos like the one JB shared above, and his latest on twitter.

I was thinking the same thing. The stock photos make it look matte black whereas the in hand pics look glossy.

Back