SeeMore Tour Limited and Smoke Diamond zSeries - THP Preview

Wow that zSeries Tour Limited is amazing

Those are beautiful.

Got the Smoke Diamond z2 out today on the course for 36 and what an interesting day.

Actually went 31 putts in each of the two rounds and did so with NO three-jacks, always have to love that, but I digress.

I've actually been gaming the stainless steel Tour Limited z3c for a few weeks now and I'm surprised at the difference today in the carbon steel z2 from the Smoke Diamond line. I've mentioned before that the dual milling of the z-series is one of the best combinations I have ever seen as it pertains not only to looks but also its effect on feel. The fact is there is only ONE other putter company out there that in my wild travels as a putter freak in which I have used a stainless steel putter that sounds/feels as "soft" as the Tour Limited line, it is a more subtle and deeper click off the face that perpetuates to the user the impressively "soft" feel. With that in mind, the same dual milling on the carbon steel of the Smoke Diamond z2 (which already has a naturally deeper tone than stainless steel) feels even softer off the face with a beautiful little "ting" off the face through the stroke. Its an incredibly supple feeling/sounding roll that really surprised me and in fact left me short a few times, in fact, I left 9 birdie putts from 10 feet to 25 feet less than 3/4 of a foot short of the cup but right on line.

On a more personal note, I really am amazed at how well I rolled the whistle shaft today. I actually felt more comfortable over the ball from an alignment AND stroke standpoint. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with my eye dominance and the hand position working better with it. Who knows.

Rambling? Heck yes. Its how my crazy mind works! If there is ANYTHING you all would like to know or for me to look into, don't hesitate to ask!

A few pic's!

8-1_zpsdb535b68.jpg

9_zpsaf864839.jpg

7-1_zps798296b6.jpg

Got the Smoke Diamond z2 out today on the course for 36 and what an interesting day.

Actually went 31 putts in each of the two rounds and did so with NO three-jacks, always have to love that, but I digress.

I've actually been gaming the stainless steel Tour Limited z3c for a few weeks now and I'm surprised at the difference today in the carbon steel z2 from the Smoke Diamond line. I've mentioned before that the dual milling of the z-series is one of the best combinations I have ever seen as it pertains not only to looks but also its effect on feel. The fact is there is only ONE other putter company out there that in my wild travels as a putter freak in which I have used a stainless steel putter that sounds/feels as "soft" as the Tour Limited line, it is a more subtle and deeper click off the face that perpetuates to the user the impressively "soft" feel. With that in mind, the same dual milling on the carbon steel of the Smoke Diamond z2 (which already has a naturally deeper tone than stainless steel) feels even softer off the face with a beautiful little "ting" off the face through the stroke. Its an incredibly supple feeling/sounding roll that really surprised me and in fact left me short a few times, in fact, I left 9 birdie putts from 10 feet to 25 feet less than 3/4 of a foot short of the cup but right on line.

On a more personal note, I really am amazed at how well I rolled the whistle shaft today. I actually felt more comfortable over the ball from an alignment AND stroke standpoint. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with my eye dominance and the hand position working better with it. Who knows.

Rambling? Heck yes. Its how my crazy mind works! If there is ANYTHING you all would like to know or for me to look into, don't hesitate to ask!

A few pic's!

8-1_zpsdb535b68.jpg

9_zpsaf864839.jpg

7-1_zps798296b6.jpg

Dude I love the way this putter looks. It sure is beautiful.

Seems like a good bit of glare? Or is it just the camera angle?

Nope, it was noon with the sun directly overhead and there was a good bit at times, it is a glossy finish even though it is a darker color and glare does happen a bit.

Never interfered with seeing the site-line though as I've had happen with glare on other putters.

Frick. What a good looking flat stick. Why do I want to try a whistle shaft now? Stop it!

I'm a pretty big fan of the z2.

Seems like a good bit of glare? Or is it just the camera angle?
I was wondering the same thing.
Nope, it was noon with the sun directly overhead and there was a good bit at times, it is a glossy finish even though it is a darker color and glare does happen a bit.

Never interfered with seeing the site-line though as I've had happen with glare on other putters.
Did you notice it blinding you at all, even if it doesn't affect or interfere, from time to time I notice glares more than I want to and it gives you that "looking directly into the sun" time flare?

I was wondering the same thing.

Did you notice it blinding you at all, even if it doesn't affect or interfere, from time to time I notice glares more than I want to and it gives you that "looking directly into the sun" time flare?

Nope, I still had my eyesight the entire time.

Seriously though, as I mentioned even with the bit of glare I got, with the sun directly overhead, I could still see the site line just fine and for me that's all that matters. It's the same way for me with the putters in the platinum mSeries.

Nope, I still had my eyesight the entire time.

Seriously though, as I mentioned even with the bit of glare I got, with the sun directly overhead, I could still see the site line just fine and for me that's all that matters. It's the same way for me with the putters in the platinum mSeries.

That's good to hear. That darn sun just gets in the way!

Siri speaks for me!

Had a REALLY nice day with the z2w Smoke Diamond yesterday out on the course, canned 5 of my two-man team's birdie putts from 6 to 17 feet out.

The biggest thing is I've adjusted to the sound (FEEL!!!) difference in the carbon Smoke Diamond and the stainless Tour Limited finally. The roll is just as true as I've seen off of both faces thanks to the dual milling. The cutouts in the cavities are actually very nice at setup as almost an additional alignment surface at address but the thing I've been most surprised about alignment wise is the cavity cutout in the heel shafted z2w, much more apparent and useful to me than I anticipated it being.

More than anything thee really are just FUN to roll because they look gorgeous IMO and they also just roll the heck out of the ball. I'm getting very eager to start putting this one down on paper for the review.

As always, if anyone has anything they would like to know more about or perhaps see, be sure to throw it up here and I'll do my best to get ya covered.

Had a REALLY nice day with the z2w Smoke Diamond yesterday out on the course, canned 5 of my two-man team's birdie putts from 6 to 17 feet out.

The biggest thing is I've adjusted to the sound (FEEL!!!) difference in the carbon Smoke Diamond and the stainless Tour Limited finally. The roll is just as true as I've seen off of both faces thanks to the dual milling. The cutouts in the cavities are actually very nice at setup as almost an additional alignment surface at address but the thing I've been most surprised about alignment wise is the cavity cutout in the heel shafted z2w, much more apparent and useful to me than I anticipated it being.

More than anything thee really are just FUN to roll because they look gorgeous IMO and they also just roll the heck out of the ball. I'm getting very eager to start putting this one down on paper for the review.

As always, if anyone has anything they would like to know more about or perhaps see, be sure to throw it up here and I'll do my best to get ya covered.

Jman - thanks for all of the great insight! Have a great week.

Going to start putting this one down on paper tomorrow, I'm quite excited about it.

I'm a self admitted putter-head, I also admit to being a SeeMore fan, but I have also played putters from pretty much every OEM and legitimate boutique putter makers as well and have no problem saying that these are a HUGE step for SeeMore. Not just in aesthetics, but in function as well. The dual milling is great but the designs have not been done haphazardly, the weighting of the models is very nice through the stroke.

Lots of thoughts and lots of words going through this crazy noggin of mine.

How is the adjustment to the whistle shaft going for you Jman?

These are absolutely beautiful! Prior series really haven't caught my eye, but these I absolutely like. Tell me these are being made for us lefties as well.

How is the adjustment to the whistle shaft going for you Jman?

Incredibly well actually, shockingly so. Fact is I think it fits my eye dominance better since I'm actually a lefty who plays righty. Much more consistent and my misses have much less variance to them L&R as well. I actually shot my SPi instructor a message about it and he thinks having my hands a little bit forward just helps with my eyes. I'll admit I've always thought the whistle was kind of ugly, but its just as effective as a straight shaft with the SPi after spending this time with it. Honestly, I'm going to see if I can send one of my mFGP2's in to have one put into it just to see how it goes with a true center shaft model rather than the heel shaft like the z2.

These are absolutely beautiful! Prior series really haven't caught my eye, but these I absolutely like. Tell me these are being made for us lefties as well.

As far as I know, its something they are going to try to do down the road, but right now its just righty. SeeMore has always been very good at bringing models for both sides lefty and righty.

So, I've admittedly drug my feet on putting this review down on paper just yet because I keep on wanting to get "just one more" round in again and again to gather my thoughts even more. I took the z3c AND the z2w out on Tuesday and got the z2w out again today to just get a few more thoughts.

I honestly cannot overstate just how incredibly well balanced both of these head designs are. They really do just want to flow through the stroke if you just get out of the way, don't try to manipulate your stroke, and let them work. Add into the dual milling is putting a beautiful roll on the ball again and again. I personally prefer the Smoke Diamond finish out in the noon sun to the platinum finish of the z3c but even with the times of glare the sitelines are always visible for me at address and that is what matters most. The R&D that went into these designs really was well spent, this is a BIG step for SeeMore.

Time to get this show on the road and put it all down into words. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to throw them up here and ask!!

Question Jman. Could one do the z2 like you have but with a straight shaft? That way it would set up like the M2 that I roll, but be as beautiful as the one in the pictures.

Question Jman. Could one do the z2 like you have but with a straight shaft? That way it would set up like the M2 that I roll, but be as beautiful as the one in the pictures.

Absolutely, definitely an option. In fact both models (z2 and z3) are available in center shafted straight shaft and heel shafted with either the whistle shaft or a straight shaft. It would actually set up scary similar to the M2 with a straight shaft, having owned the M2 though I actually think the balance on the z2 is better through the stroke, an impressive achievement really.

Absolutely, definitely an option. In fact both models (z2 and z3) are available in center shafted straight shaft and heel shafted with either the whistle shaft or a straight shaft. It would actually set up scary similar to the M2 with a straight shaft, having owned the M2 though I actually think the balance on the z2 is better through the stroke, an impressive achievement really.

Oh good lord I might need that. I have been using the M2 since almost the day they came out and it is a bit beat up.

Oh good lord I might need that. I have been using the M2 since almost the day they came out and it is a bit beat up.

I'm honestly shocked you don't have one already. It screams M2 in function and the added cutout of the flange and in the cavity actually make for incredibly impressive alignment aids. Plus, as I've harped on in here tons and tons, the dual milling is legit, brilliant move by them not just from aesthetics, but also function. Lower tone, softer feel.

I'm honestly shocked you don't have one already. It screams M2 in function and the added cutout of the flange and in the cavity actually make for incredibly impressive alignment aids. Plus, as I've harped on in here tons and tons, the dual milling is legit, brilliant move by them not just from aesthetics, but also function. Lower tone, softer feel.

I did. It was sent to you. :D

I did. It was sent to you. :D

HA! Touche, I meant non-whistle though. I'm still shocked at how well the whistle shaft actually does for me, its crazy, never gave much thought to eye dominance prior.

HA! Touche, I meant non-whistle though. I'm still shocked at how well the whistle shaft actually does for me, its crazy, never gave much thought to eye dominance prior.

Im following this one closely.

Back