Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Hi! :D

That's one sexy setup.

#jealous

Better results?

Too early still, I can say that I'm impressed with the dispersion right now and surprisingly, I have not lost any distance off of what I was seeing with the lighter stock graphite.

Too early still, I can say that I'm impressed with the dispersion right now and surprisingly, I have not lost any distance off of what I was seeing with the lighter stock graphite.

Must compare side by side. Hard to imagine wanting to change mine post MC but I gotta learn more about shafts.

Broke down and bought the SW for this set on ebay for pretty cheap. It showed up today. Now just waiting for a phone call from the golf store to tell me when the rest of the clubs show up. Tick, tick, tick, tick.

Broke down and bought the SW for this set on ebay for pretty cheap. It showed up today. Now just waiting for a phone call from the golf store to tell me when the rest of the clubs show up. Tick, tick, tick, tick.

Haha, nice! I won't lie, I really thought about the DW. In the end though I just switched my RTC CB order from 50* to 48*, should work much better for me gap wise.

I was surprised that the SW for the Altitudes is actually noticeably smaller than the stock VR_S SW or the ATV SW. With my current set I'm barely using even my ATV 56 -- basically only out of sand as I have been using the stock SW that matches the set even on the short chips. The place it helps me the most is consistency wise to use the same style of club when it comes to partial/somewhat knock down pitches as I just use the same swing but hit SW from 40 yards, GW from 60 yards, PW for 80 etc., etc. It's a shot I've been re-introducing into my game instead of just throwing everything sky high and using a full swing. More margin for error.

That really is interesting, make sure to throw up a couple pics when it gets there dude! I'd love to see some in hand shots of it.

Haha, nice! I won't lie, I really thought about the DW. In the end though I just switched my RTC CB order from 50* to 48*, should work much better for me gap wise.

Those RTX CB wedges are the real deal. I hit those at the demo day as well and really, really like them.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Attachments

• Wedges 005.jpg
    Wedges 005.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Wedges 004.jpg
    Wedges 004.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 0
DUDE! I'll be damned. That's impressive and surprising.

Forgot to add, 75 today including -1 on the front and 13/18 GIR's.

Just "shovels" though.

Spite shovels.

Lol.

Just "shovels" though.

I'm offended by your sandbagging. 3 solid rounds with them is really impressive.

Indeed they are, and I shall let them wreak havoc! Hehe

No doubt that SGI irons work though, I loved my slingshots for a long time. Easy to hit and distance was crazy.

Just "shovels" though.

thats crazy man, well done!

these were the runner-up in the fitting yesterday for my dad.. idk why but him nor i liked the longer irons near as much as i thought we would.

That must be it! He's just getting up there and pounding the ball every time because of it too!

I'm gonna go spite hit my irons now! :alien:

I don't spite the irons anymore, I spite the constant shovel comments. It's all good though, it serves as fuel.

Back