FedEx St Jude Classic (SPOILERS)

IndianBird

Reaction score
Handicap
No thread? How about I start it since this is only tourney I've ever attended.

Solid field for week ahead of US Open

You beat me, cookie!

You beat me, cookie!

So, what's new? Haha

I got these guys going in fantasy:

Weekley
Woodland
Leonard
Sneds
Hanson
BillyHo
CH3
McNeill
Walker
Great finishing hole on this course.

Only downside about this tourney is that it created this little gem:

Garrigus-2-571x428.jpg

Brandt Snedeker 41%
Dustin Johnson 36%
Tim Clark 33%
Boo Weekley 32%
Scott Stallings 28%
Ian Poulter 19%
Robert Karlsson 17%
Peter Hanson 16%
Gary Woodland 14%
Jordan Spieth 10%

Great finishing hole on this course.

Only downside about this tourney is that it created this little gem:

Garrigus-2-571x428.jpg

I remember watching this and my wife was like what the hell that guy needs some help. Isn't this where Garrigus only needed to make bogey or someting to win and then hit it into the lake?

Yea he choked hard.

From this interview looks like Boo is feelin it. Also know who to call next time I need to build a barn :)
2012_email_header.jpg

Leave it to downhome, plainspoken Boo Weekley to provide some common-sense perspective on a PGA TOUR player’s mindset going into this week’s FedEx St. Jude Classic at TPC Southwind.
“It’s just a matter of getting everything in sync, and letting the stars line up and it happening,” said Weekley, who experienced such an energizing scenario two weeks ago by winning the Crowne Plaza Invitational.
It was the first victory in the last five years – and third of his career – for Weekley, who got his nickname from Yogi Bear’s sidekick, ‘Boo Boo’ Bear.
“I have a lot of family that lives close to here, so it’s always fun to be here playing in front of my family,” Weekley said. “Very rarely do they get to come out and see me play. It’s good to be back.” Grinning, he added: “It’s hot. I love it.”
Asked how many family members he expects, Weekley’s folksy charm continued.
“Well, I’ve got family that live in Hartselle, Alabama; Florence, Huntsville, Hamilton . . . and then there’s a couple of ‘em just south of New Hope just down there into Mississippi . . . I’ve got some that’s comin’ from Elba, Alabama, and Brantley, and then the ones that come from my house -- my mom and them from Santa Rosa County, down there in Milton, Florida.”
The rejuvenation that a victory has given Weekley was clear, and he said it’s taken a little restraint and lots of determination to get back into a champion’s jacket on TOUR.
“I’ve slowed down on the hard activities,” said Weekly, who attended Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College. “Like, you know, I build a barn or somethin’ like that around the house. Instead of me pickin’ up a 4-by-4 that’s 12-foot long and try to stand it up myself, I get people to help me now or use my tractor.
“Instead of doing stuff that I used to do by myself, now I’m having to use people to help me because I’m afraid I might hurt myself and I don’t want to tweak something or tear something up again.”
Coincidentally, Snedeker, the reigning FedExCup champion from Nashville, has a similar attitude regarding his health, and also regarding the support he expects to get at the FESJC.
“This is a very big event for me, being as close to Nashville as I can get. Memphis feels like a home tournament to me,” he said. “Obviously, being the FedExCup champion, it holds a special meaning for me this year because I’m proud to have that title next to my name. I realize I’m representing (FedEx) a little bit this week.”
Snedeker is also dealing with health concerns that involve a brittle and painful bone condition in his rib-cage area that requires medication designed to regenerate bone growth in the affected areas.
“It’s like taking an insulin shot and taking it every day,” the former Vanderbilt star said. “I’ve got to travel with it. I’ve got to keep it refrigerated . . . so I’m traveling with ice packs and all that stuff. The biggest thing is the logistics.”
So now it becomes a matter of winning and Weekley is the player in the field who has won on TOUR most recently.
“(Winning) frees you up. You don’t get as mad,” he said. “Like you’ve got a 100-yard shot and expect to hit it within 10 foot and you hit it 12 foot and it spins back and goes in the water. Well, if I was on the bubble there trying to make sure I keep my PGA TOUR card, I’d be upset and wanting to beat my bag or break somethin’ with my attitude.”
His attitude is fine now, though, coming off a victory.
“Oh, it’s fun,” he said, beaming a smile. “People are always congratulatin’ you, you know.”
As happy as he was to win the Crowne Plaza Invitational, he said, “That was two weeks ago. That’s over with. My goal now is to win this one. You can’t live in the past.”

I dont like my team this week at all

Lots of folks around here excited to see Harris on top going into the weekend. Hoping to see him get that first win!

I only had 5 make the cut, need some high finishes out of these guys this week.

I got 8/10 to the weekend. 4 top 10's as of now.

From this interview looks like Boo is feelin it. Also know who to call next time I need to build a barn :)
2012_email_header.jpg

Leave it to downhome, plainspoken Boo Weekley to provide some common-sense perspective on a PGA TOUR player’s mindset going into this week’s FedEx St. Jude Classic at TPC Southwind.
“It’s just a matter of getting everything in sync, and letting the stars line up and it happening,” said Weekley, who experienced such an energizing scenario two weeks ago by winning the Crowne Plaza Invitational.
It was the first victory in the last five years – and third of his career – for Weekley, who got his nickname from Yogi Bear’s sidekick, ‘Boo Boo’ Bear.
“I have a lot of family that lives close to here, so it’s always fun to be here playing in front of my family,” Weekley said. “Very rarely do they get to come out and see me play. It’s good to be back.” Grinning, he added: “It’s hot. I love it.”
Asked how many family members he expects, Weekley’s folksy charm continued.
“Well, I’ve got family that live in Hartselle, Alabama; Florence, Huntsville, Hamilton . . . and then there’s a couple of ‘em just south of New Hope just down there into Mississippi . . . I’ve got some that’s comin’ from Elba, Alabama, and Brantley, and then the ones that come from my house -- my mom and them from Santa Rosa County, down there in Milton, Florida.”
The rejuvenation that a victory has given Weekley was clear, and he said it’s taken a little restraint and lots of determination to get back into a champion’s jacket on TOUR.
“I’ve slowed down on the hard activities,” said Weekly, who attended Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College. “Like, you know, I build a barn or somethin’ like that around the house. Instead of me pickin’ up a 4-by-4 that’s 12-foot long and try to stand it up myself, I get people to help me now or use my tractor.
“Instead of doing stuff that I used to do by myself, now I’m having to use people to help me because I’m afraid I might hurt myself and I don’t want to tweak something or tear something up again.”
Coincidentally, Snedeker, the reigning FedExCup champion from Nashville, has a similar attitude regarding his health, and also regarding the support he expects to get at the FESJC.
“This is a very big event for me, being as close to Nashville as I can get. Memphis feels like a home tournament to me,” he said. “Obviously, being the FedExCup champion, it holds a special meaning for me this year because I’m proud to have that title next to my name. I realize I’m representing (FedEx) a little bit this week.”
Snedeker is also dealing with health concerns that involve a brittle and painful bone condition in his rib-cage area that requires medication designed to regenerate bone growth in the affected areas.
“It’s like taking an insulin shot and taking it every day,” the former Vanderbilt star said. “I’ve got to travel with it. I’ve got to keep it refrigerated . . . so I’m traveling with ice packs and all that stuff. The biggest thing is the logistics.”
So now it becomes a matter of winning and Weekley is the player in the field who has won on TOUR most recently.
“(Winning) frees you up. You don’t get as mad,” he said. “Like you’ve got a 100-yard shot and expect to hit it within 10 foot and you hit it 12 foot and it spins back and goes in the water. Well, if I was on the bubble there trying to make sure I keep my PGA TOUR card, I’d be upset and wanting to beat my bag or break somethin’ with my attitude.”
His attitude is fine now, though, coming off a victory.
“Oh, it’s fun,” he said, beaming a smile. “People are always congratulatin’ you, you know.”
As happy as he was to win the Crowne Plaza Invitational, he said, “That was two weeks ago. That’s over with. My goal now is to win this one. You can’t live in the past.”

I had no idea Boo Weekley was a fellow ABAC alum. That school is twenty minutes from my house; I went there a little while before UGA. Small world.

it doesn't feel like phil only has one more major than paddy, does it

I like watching Phil look for his ball.

I had 7 of 9 make the cut and one guy who withdrew. Right now they are 3-6-6-6-29-38-65.

This Stefani dude is blowing up on the par 3 11th. Putting for a triple bogey.

Multiple blow ups! It's easy to forget how difficult this game is.

Back