Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Fairway Wood Review Thread

My 3Deep arrived today. First crack will be tomorrow after work. I'm very interested to see how the 13 stacks up against the 14.5 I hit in Florida. For now I have the stock PX 6.0 shaft but I have a few options to swap it out should I not care for it. We'll see.

Hi there...my name is #3effingDEEP

va9u8uhy.jpg

6yby3apu.jpg

Very nice Jman. Can't say I'm not jealous.

I hate this thread, it really makes me regret not going 3deep.

Very nice Jman. Can't say I'm not jealous.

I translate this to:

WOW, that's awesome, now get your arse in the C-Taper thread!!!!

How close am I? :alien:

The black tie is available. Not sure how it would do off the deck with a low launch shaft though.

But it is a $225 upgrade. I've got to save money for the ultimate club testing right now.
Your club head spread negates a low launch. I'd go stock and look for a white tie option online.

Jman are just hanging out with that bad boy or did you buy?

Your club head spread negates a low launch. I'd go stock and look for a white tie option online.

Jman are just hanging out with that bad boy or did you buy?

I'm not supposed to buy anything.

But I might have and its all YOUR fault. :banghead:

I translate this to:

WOW, that's awesome, now get your arse in the C-Taper thread!!!!

How close am I? :alien:

Nah, I legitimately am interested in the 3Deep too. Second behind the C Taper Lites. Haha.

Two 3Deep delivered to THPers in the same day. Pretty cool.

Mine's in Greensboro, and should be here early tomorrow morning! I see an emergency 9 in my future tomorrow afternoon...

I've got to experience this club! It's a must now

Hit mine on the range today with surprisingly horrible results. I absolutely can not hit the shaft in this thing. (Stock project x 6.0) I know that these stock shafts are made in China to what are probably some pretty loose specs and this one feels very heavy. Even had the club fitter look at hit and he also felt it was very heavy. Just hit low hooks with this thing all night. Very different results from when I hit it in Florida.

Definitely need to look for a different shaft.

Hit mine on the range today with surprisingly horrible results. I absolutely can not hit the shaft in this thing. (Stock project x 6.0) I know that these stock shafts are made in China to what are probably some pretty loose specs and this one feels very heavy. Even had the club fitter look at hit and he also felt it was very heavy. Just hit low hooks with this thing all night. Very different results from when I hit it in Florida.

Same flex as you hit in Florida?

I have no problem hitting mine high or low off the tee with the 3w. 7w is more of a mid now

Yup. Only difference was 13 vs 14.5 loft. Didn't feel nearly the same.

13* loft now or in Florida?

By chance did you buy from one of the places that has a 30 day playability guarantee? If so perhaps you can get back to the same lost as you hit in Florida?

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. I have a project x in my current 3 wood and hate it. It's the only club I consistently snap left still.

The 3deep has the aftermarket shaft not the 'made for' PX shaft. If you're not a fan of the shaft this wont matter but its a solid combo for those that like it.

Rtparty I think you'll see a lower flight but I don't see you having issues. swapping shafts, yes, but no issues.

Ron why did you go 13* vs 14.5*? More distances?

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. I have a project x in my current 3 wood and hate it. It's the only club I consistently snap left still.

I didn't care for this shaft in the standard XHot when I demo'd it. It really sucks to have that happen when you really want to like something. The good news is that numerous other shafts are available at no up-charge when buying directly from Callaway. For me, the ponder is still strong with this one...I still love the idea of a mini-driiver. I need to try this shaft again with the 3Deep head and focus off the tee. Maybe the dynamic will be different. If not, I will have to figure out another shaft option. (I'm very curious how it would be with a Miya C Kua pull I have but I don't see tip diameter info for the 3Deep in the shaft guide, so I'm not sure it would work).

I didn't care for this shaft in the standard XHot when I demo'd it. It really sucks to have that happen when you really want to like something. The good news is that numerous other shafts are available at no up-charge when buying directly from Callaway. For me, the ponder is still strong with this one...I still love the idea of a mini-driiver. I need to try this shaft again with the 3Deep head and focus off the tee. Maybe the dynamic will be different. If not, I will have to figure out another shaft option. (I'm very curious how it would be with a Miya C Kua pull I have but I don't see tip diameter info for the 3Deep in the shaft guide, so I'm not sure it would work).

As Freddie said, the shaft in the 3deep is NOT the same shaft that is in the regular Xhot fairways and drivers. The red is a "made-for" (I hate that term) and the Blue is an aftermarket shaft, entirely different beasts.

As Freddie said, the shaft in the 3deep is NOT the same shaft that is in the regular Xhot fairways and drivers. The red is a "made-for" (I hate that term) and the Blue is an aftermarket shaft, entirely different beasts.
Thanks, guys. Still working on the first cup of coffee, grey matter isn't fully engaged yet.

So far so good with the Project X in the 3 Deep. Off the tee it's been great--off the deck I'm hitting a controlled draw that can turn into a hook but with more time I will get used to it.

Back