Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosh is not the sole reason for the loss by the Heat. Look at what happened. Compare this last game to the last few wins by the Heat. Both stars shot under 50%. Both stars combined for 6-8 FT. They each only got to the line 4 times. That means settling. They were taken out of their game, plain and simple and it showed big time.

Yep settling for jump shots and not attacking the hoop. Spurs did a great job hanging in there and never trailing by more than 5-6 pts. They showed up for the 4th and the Heat seemed tired settling for jump shots. Its now a must win for Sunday.

I don't think they were necessarily settling last night. Not counting a half court heave, Lebron took 10 of his 15 shots in the paint. No one got to the line more than 5 times last night (Ray Allen). The refs are letting them play and are limiting the ticky-tack calls. I am pulling for the Heat, but I am loving the way that last night was officiated.

The two teams combined to shoot 35 FTs last night whereas they averaged 44 combined during the season. That shows to me that they are not getting the calls instead of a lack of aggresiveness. Just keep Joey Crawford away from these finals.

What is even there game plan? All they do is run isolation plays and kick it out. Not much of a plan against a team as well coach and defensive oriented as the Spurs.

What they should be doing is running multiple screens to create mismatches on LeBron. Didn't see any of that last night.

Iso plays is part of it. They move the ball just as good as the Spurs and it showed in the first half with 3s from Allen, Chalmers & Miller. I wasn't that impressed with the Spurs perimeter defense. Heat had plenty of open looks. They just weren't falling in the 4th

I don't think they were necessarily settling last night. Not counting a half court heave, Lebron took 10 of his 15 shots in the paint. No one got to the line more than 5 times last night (Ray Allen). The refs are letting them play and are limiting the ticky-tack calls. I am pulling for the Heat, but I am loving the way that last night was officiated.

The two teams combined to shoot 35 FTs last night whereas they averaged 44 combined during the season. That shows to me that they are not getting the calls instead of a lack of aggresiveness. Just keep Joey Crawford away from these finals.

Yeah dude. No Joey Crawford please!

Iso plays is part of it. They move the ball just as good as the Spurs and it showed in the first half with 3s from Allen, Chalmers & Miller. I wasn't that impressed with the Spurs perimeter defense. Heat had plenty of open looks. They just weren't falling in the 4th

Well that's the point, 3's aren't a high percentage shot and to sustain that for 4 qtrs? Forget about it. Spurs were probably more then happy to let them keep jacking those.

I just find it a complete travesty the way they're using LeBron. We talk about this size and athleticism but all we saw was him assisting the ball.

ibwLNYTPm4jt2w.gif

#BallaStatus!

I wasn't too dissapointed with the way we played. I know the spurs missed A LOT of shots as well but I'm not as nearly worried as I was with the Pacers. I was concerned with the Pacers before we played Chicago. The spurs got experience on their side, ill give that to them, but they're old. The series is going 6 or 7 and if we can wear down those old knees and keep the tempo up all series we will be alright :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Everyone says the Spurs are old, but the avg age of the Heat is older than the Spurs. What gives?

Heat had better shooting %, more rebounds and more assists than Spurs and lost. I like the way this looks for my team.

I wasn't too dissapointed with the way we played. I know the spurs missed A LOT of shots as well but I'm not as nearly worried as I was with the Pacers. I was concerned with the Pacers before we played Chicago. The spurs got experience on their side, ill give that to them, but they're old. The series is going 6 or 7 and if we can wear down those old knees and keep the tempo up all series we will be alright :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Typical heat mind set. No interior defense and no rebounding and you're going to beat a team that you probably won't out shoot again in the series?

Shoot 3s well and pound the rock. Dallas did it in '11 San Antonio will in '13.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

After last night it wouldn't surprise me to see the Spurs win in 5. I think the Heat win Game 2 because they have to, but after that I think the Spurs win out.

Everyone says the Spurs are old, but the avg age of the Heat is older than the Spurs. What gives?

Heat had better shooting %, more rebounds and more assists than Spurs and lost. I like the way this looks for my team.

The fact that the star players for the Heat are younger than the star players for the Spurs. Supporting cast is bass-ackwards which skews that stat but at any rate... Yes, the Spurs are looking good, after 1 game.

I read parts of Dennis Rodman's interview on the Dan Patrick Show today. I agree with him on one thing...Scottie Pippen in his prime would shut Lebron down.

This is hilarious. People in LA are not smart.

Why isnt game 2 tonight? Cause nba sucks

Why isnt game 2 tonight? Cause nba sucks

Yea, dude. I thought game 2 was tonight. Sat down about 30 minutes ago to watch. I don't get it.

Yea, dude. I thought game 2 was tonight. Sat down about 30 minutes ago to watch. I don't get it.

I know, its a good night for it. Settling for Major League 2. Classic movie!!

People actually care about watching the Finals so they would never be on a weekend night.
By people u mean a handful? Then yeah I agree

Name change time Tim Stan. Hhaa

I may have to haha. I plan on going to many more THP Events in the future.

Tonight, I'm back in my role as co-president of the LeBron James Fan Club :D

Go Spurs. Not a Heat hater, but I just love the team aspect of the Spurs. Sure they have some superstars, but they assist the young talent and man are they good. Popovich is a surefire HOFer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back