Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's gonna be Heat vs. Spurs for the NBA Finals. Once Westbrook went down, this was the matchup I was hoping for. Should be a great series.

So it's gonna be Heat vs. Spurs for the NBA Finals. Once Westbrook went down, this was the matchup I was hoping for. Should be a great series.

I assume that Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili will actually make the trip to Miami for games 1-2, unlike the regular season meeting in Miami.

4 more wins dude. Yes it will be a great series and I think a better matchup for the Heat. Back to the Finals!!!

Not sure if you're serious... Have you seen Ginobli play?

I mesnt more along the lines thst 80% of the starting 5 for the spurs doesnt do it like miami

I mesnt more along the lines thst 80% of the starting 5 for the spurs doesnt do it like miami

Ah, I gotcha. I think Parker flops a good bit too, but looking at the whole team, not nearly as big a %.

Spurs in 6, maybe 7.

The 6 is because I'm a little biased, 7 because I think they will actually win but it'll go all the way.

Spurs in 6, maybe 7.

The 6 is because I'm a little biased, 7 because I think they will actually win but it'll go all the way.

I'm pulling for your boys there dtak. Not very often that I pull for the Spurs. But the trophy needs to be in Texas.

Stan,
Its as if I saw the game a day early and just posted that here for fun right? It was not hard to predict what was going to happen. This game was over the minute that game 6 ended. The two players combining for 23 free throws was kind of interesting. Calls go like that, the Spurs have no chance either.

Some of the stuff I missed in here last night was pretty funny though.

Stan,
Its as if I saw the game a day early and just posted that here for fun right? It was not hard to predict what was going to happen. This game was over the minute that game 6 ended. The two players combining for 23 free throws was kind of interesting. Calls go like that, the Spurs have no chance either.

Some of the stuff I missed in here last night was pretty funny though.

No chance? Boy I'm going to have to disagree. We saw what rebounding and physical defense can do to the Heat which is a trademark of the Spurs. Combine that with a superior coach in Popovich and we have one hell of a series, with the Spurs having the edge. I like the Spurs bench too. Interesting to see what kind of rotation Pops is gonna run.

I assume that Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili will actually make the trip to Miami for games 1-2, unlike the regular season meeting in Miami.
I would think so, maybe they'll want to keep them rested though!!!

This makes me feel old. This was 22 years ago today:

This makes me feel old. This was 22 years ago today:

I still remember watching that when it happened. Cant believe it's been 22 years. Wow.

That Jordan move is one of the first basketball memories that I can absolutely say I remember watching live. Every time I see it I wonder why he just didn't dunk it with his right hand.

So, everyone is all up in arms about Karl Malone leaving MJ off of his all-time starting 5. He's a tool anyway, but it got me thinking. Who would be your all-time starting 5?

I'd go:
PG: Magic
SG: MJ
SF: Lebron
PF: Duncan
C: Olajuwon

No surprises except for maybe Olajuwon. I feel like he doesn't get the all-time respect he deserves. The guy was flat out amazing. Anyone who leaves MJ out is either bitter (Malone), or are just looking for attention, IMO.

Magic
MJ
Lebron
Barkley
Wilt

I had a tough time at PF, but the rest were pretty straight forward and easy for me.

This is pretty good, because we were talking about this a little bit at work this morning. I too think power forward is the toughest position to choose.

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Russell

SG: MJ
SF: LBJ
PF: Bill Russell, I know he was listed at Center, but I cannot leave him off.
C: Wilt

Good picks, guys. Here's who I like:

Magic
MJ
Lebron
Duncan
Russell

I wish I would've seen Bill Russell play in person. No one will ever come close to winning 11 titles.

Magic
Jordan
Dr J
Bird
Chamberlain

Power forward and center I went back and forth with but here's my team...

SG: Jordan
SF: LeBron
PF: Duncan
C: Russell

This is so easy...

Ron Harper
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman
Luc Longley

George Karl and Denver have parted ways. Very, very surprised unless Karl decides to retire. I can't see Denver wanting to let him go. Hopefully it isn't health related as he has been fighting health issues over the last few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back