Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

I have read this thread all the way thru. I have to go hit these things!!! It's amazing that almost everyone is having such great success with these.

I have read this thread all the way thru. I have to go hit these things!!! It's amazing that almost everyone is having such great success with these.

Chicago Invitational next month. My set will be there.

That would be great. Unfortunately I have plans 4th of July weekend.

Great right up golf4life, it is great that the stock shafts are working for you. It sounds like with your distance the sand wedge would give another yardage gap for you (to bad they don't make a 59 or 60 degree lob wedge in the altitudes). Your bag is going to be very interesting driver, 3-PW,DW,SW altitudes, and a putter, that would leave two slots to play with. What do you think you might go with on those two slots?

U win the award for most times using the word hyron.

Great in depth writeup

JB and anyone else really, do you think I would see majorly different results with the stock steel? Obviously I'd think it'd be lower ball flight. Anything other than that?

I know what you mean about the across face forgiveness, had a 9i from 150 today that I his absurdly out on the toe and came up only just short but still on line. Shots like that blow my mind.

I am wondering how these with the wider footprint will be when it dries out here in OK like it tends to and the lies become harder and harder. Should be fine, but I can help but wonder if I'll need to pick a little more than I do now.

Or I could just be overthinking it. I do that a bit after all.

JB and anyone else really, do you think I would see majorly different results with the stock steel? Obviously I'd think it'd be lower ball flight. Anything other than that?

Hard to tell. I think you would see a slightly lower ball flight. I believe that these are married near perfectly for the standard graphite shafts. I mean we both watched as 90201 hit these things perfectly ball after ball.

Is there a reason you would want to change that up and go steel? Just the connotation involved? (I understand that by the way).

I wish I'd hit the stock steel in these just to see the difference myself, I'm pretty useless to you there dude. Sorry.

Hard to tell. I think you would see a slightly lower ball flight. I believe that these are married near perfectly for the standard graphite shafts. I mean we both watched as 90201 hit these things perfectly ball after ball.

Is there a reason you would want to change that up and go steel? Just the connotation involved? (I understand that by the way).

Only reason being I found a cheaper ($500) set on the bay. 4-PW stock steel shaft. I absolutely loved the feel of the graphites tho and don't wanna buy the steels and regret them or have different results.

I wish I'd hit the stock steel in these just to see the difference myself, I'm pretty useless to you there dude. Sorry.

Honestly after the results I saw with JB's it'd be tough for the steels to show me something more than the graphites.

Only reason being I found a cheaper ($500) set on the bay. 4-PW stock steel shaft. I absolutely loved the feel of the graphites tho and don't wanna buy the steels and regret them or have different results.

Dude, tell you what. If you get the steel's and don't like them, let me know and I'll send you my graphite pulls 4-PW, they're stiff and just sitting here.

Dude, tell you what. If you get the steel's and don't like them, let me know and I'll send you my graphite pulls 4-PW, they're stiff and just sitting here.

And that right there is why this man is special.

Hmmm now you got me seriously pondering!

Seriously. They're yours dude. No reason for them to sit here.

Just let me know!

Will do although sounds like a no brainer at this point!

Will do although sounds like a no brainer at this point!

Well there ya go. I agree. Time for you to get Altitudinal.

Just shoot me your addy in a PM sometime and I'll get em out.

Jman what results are you seeing with the CTLs vs the graphite. Maybe that will help with the thought process a bit. Obviously not stock, but steel none the less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jman what results are you seeing with the CTLs vs the graphite. Maybe that will help with the thought process a bit. Obviously not stock, but steel none the less.

Not as high as the graphites, but IMO there's only one steel shaft out there that will be comparable there to most traditional (non-recoil) iron shafts and that is the Tour 90's. That said, because of what the CTL's are the flight it still nice a solid mid-high. The heads perform well with them still and respond to flighting up and down, though designed to get the ball up by nature, the wind hasn't bothered me before and after the switch.

I think one interested in these should give the graphite a VERY hard look, they really surprised me. Plus, being in a windy arse state myself I can safely say that those who think they hit the ball too high or would with the graphite need to take another look. High can be a-ok in the wind. High is much different than ballooning.

Sorry, I digressed a bit there. Its in my nature.

Thanks buddy, I was curious as well after I hit cookie's Sunday and the shafts felt a little weak to me (read as pulling left) but that could just be a transition factor as well...or maybe just my bad swing lol

I've still been thinking a lot about these. If I'm unable to find any stiff flex at another nearby store, I may start out with the 3h and if that works out, go ahead and get a few more. Seems like if I don't get along with the club it will be easy to sell. I've been able to get all the way to paypal with the c. kua shafts when ordering the clubs individually, just not in a set. We'll see how this shakes out.

I've still been thinking a lot about these. If I'm unable to find any stiff flex at another nearby store, I may start out with the 3h and if that works out, go ahead and get a few more. Seems like if I don't get along with the club it will be easy to sell. I've been able to get all the way to paypal with the c. kua shafts when ordering the clubs individually, just not in a set. We'll see how this shakes out.

Love the C Kua's in this set, they felt better for me than the stock graphite.

Back