Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Love the C Kua's in this set, they felt better for me than the stock graphite.

I loved how JB's clubs felt, so would like to get them with the same shaft. If I'm unable to compare the standard stiff flex (i.e. no store having it available), then it's a no brainer since I've actually hit the C. Kua's.

Thanks buddy, I was curious as well after I hit cookie's Sunday and the shafts felt a little weak to me (read as pulling left) but that could just be a transition factor as well...or maybe just my bad swing lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No problem. For what it's worth, I have a pretty aggressive move (I'm working on it though!) and they held up fine. I'd honestly encourage trying them if you were to go this routse. But that's just me.

I've still been thinking a lot about these. If I'm unable to find any stiff flex at another nearby store, I may start out with the 3h and if that works out, go ahead and get a few more. Seems like if I don't get along with the club it will be easy to sell. I've been able to get all the way to paypal with the c. kua shafts when ordering the clubs individually, just not in a set. We'll see how this shakes out.

Love the C Kua's in this set, they felt better for me than the stock graphite.

Feel is subjective though, I was amazed at how well the UST's felt and responded.

No problem. For what it's worth, I have a pretty aggressive move (I'm working on it though!) and they held up fine. I'd honestly encourage trying them if you were to go this routse. But that's just me.

I plan on it, these get me more interested each time I hit them, but then again who really wants to hit the ball high, straight, and score low??

Feel is subjective though, I was amazed at how well the UST's felt and responded.

Oh it definitely is, it was probably in my head that they "felt" better. I'm a rookie when it comes to shafts and feel lol.

Gonna hit the range with these tomorrow night and put them in live action on Friday so hopefully I will have some useful thoughts from a guy who only has average distance/swing speed. Really interested in how the sw works around the greens on partial shots.

Cleaned off the I-Line grips that I put on these with some grips for some golf this weekend. With the way I have been playing lately, these have been an absolute savior. My iron striking has been great, and despite not hitting the driver well, these are my constant. Scores have still been low and its a direct relation to playing these compared to last year.

The one thing for me that sets these apart from every other kind of club that I have tried is the ease of use in longer irons. It gives me the ability to take less off the tee and play from the short grass because it does not matter if I am 185 out or 135 out from the pin, I still feel as though I am hitting the green and can go at them. It truly has been a game changer for me personally and something that I never thought I would have.

Cleaned off the I-Line grips that I put on these with some grips for some golf this weekend. With the way I have been playing lately, these have been an absolute savior. My iron striking has been great, and despite not hitting the driver well, these are my constant. Scores have still been low and its a direct relation to playing these compared to last year.

The one thing for me that sets these apart from every other kind of club that I have tried is the ease of use in longer irons. It gives me the ability to take less off the tee and play from the short grass because it does not matter if I am 185 out or 135 out from the pin, I still feel as though I am hitting the green and can go at them. It truly has been a game changer for me personally and something that I never thought I would have.

This is the biggest struggle with my game right now and I know hyrons are not a magic cure. With that said it is hard not to want a set of Altitudes after watching you and some other guys play some incredible golf at the outing. I would imagine you could leave the driver at home and still but up an very low score with these sticks.

This is the biggest struggle with my game right now and I know hyrons are not a magic cure. With that said it is hard not to want a set of Altitudes after watching you and some other guys play some incredible golf at the outing. I would imagine you could leave the driver at home and still but up an very low score with these sticks.

At the outing, it would have helped. You were there, but for others, here is how it went. Playing on Sunday, I hurt my wrist on the 4th hole despite being -2 at that point. Ended up with a 40 on the front and as it was described, it was the world's ugliest 40 including a couple of doubles. The back 9 I still could not hit driver. Something about the driver swing just hurt my wrist, but iron swings did not, which was weird considering one has ground contact. So despite not being able to get off the tee, I was hitting the long irons into greens (4, 5 and 6 irons) and sticking them close. I ended up bogeying 18 for a 34 on the back 9.

Howzat was there and knows how bad I was off the tee (hit no fairways on the back 9), yet due to these irons and the confidence in the longer irons being able to get me close or at least on the green, I was able to score. There is just something to be said for long iron play and if it can work for you, the amount of options you have off the tee in front of you can change the way you play the game.

I think this is huge. Its only been one round, but my comfort zone for approach shots just went from about 170 yards all the way up to about 210. Pretty sure right now I would actually score better leaving the driver in the trunk. On the back 9 yesterday only hit driver on the par 5. Shot a 36 on the back versus over 40 on the front. Not a coincidence. Longer approaches are not harder shots with these clubs. Its not intimidating swinging the long irons, its actually a lot of fun.

Gonna try to hit one of these at the ol' GS today. Any complaints with the lower irons out of the rough?

Gonna try to hit one of these at the ol' GS today. Any complaints with the lower irons out of the rough?

None whatsoever. In fact I love them. To me no different than anything else, but they do not twist and turn on you which is nice.

None whatsoever. In fact I love them. To me no different than anything else, but they do not twist and turn on you which is nice.

Agreed, twisting is a non issue for me out of the thick stuff as well all through the set.

Hit the steel shafted 6I and struggled with it which is odd because I hit a couple of standard 7Is and a few hybrids with no issue. The few that I did hit well went about what I'd expect. Dunno what the issue was, I'll give them another shot if I see them again. Wish they would have had a graphite stiff to hit.

Since I am definitely a "Joe Headcover" would these be acceptable?? Lol
y7u8ebur.jpg

Since I am definitely a "Joe Headcover" would these be acceptable?? Lol
y7u8ebur.jpg

Serious question?

Yes, absolutely acceptable.

#mustprotecthybrids

#Cookie has 2 sets.

I feel sick every time I see those.

Not sure I could do it. I like keep my stuff looking pristine, but those are a bit of overkill I think.

Serious question?

Yes, absolutely acceptable.

#mustprotecthybrids

Kinda serious. Lol I like keep my stuff mint so when I pull the trigger I'll be pondering them.

Kinda serious. Lol I like keep my stuff mint so when I pull the trigger I'll be pondering them.

I have an Ogio Chamber bag so only use them when using my staff bag. I hate my clubs bouncing around and clinking against one another. And given the size of these hyrons, they are clanking a lot!

I have an Ogio Chamber bag so only use them when using my staff bag. I hate my clubs bouncing around and clinking against one another. And given the size of these hyrons, they are clanking a lot!

Its not that bad!

That's what my thought process was.

You grab those covers if you like them. I always chuckle at the hatred for those, and yet people quickly going to cover up their woods, hybrids, drivers and putters with something.

You grab those covers if you like them. I always chuckle at the hatred for those, and yet people quickly going to cover up their woods, hybrids, drivers and putters with something.

Putters are....pretty

Back