The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff that was crazy on your backup today, but my group was lucky we didn't get done any faster, but we didn't have to wait at any tee box. Just so everyone knows I was not on the slow team. We were lucky and had a hole in front and behind us open all day. It was effing hot though and that breeze was more of a thirty mile an hour beast I could of swore I was in Texas or something.

I kind of regret not golfing today. I want to try my new iron shafts, but I really didn't want to pay to play golf. At least the US Open starts tomorrow.

But next time you feel sad, do me one favor and think back to THP a few years ago and look at it today. Think back about not getting selected for something that might have happened once in a lifetime and now appears to be once a month. Think back at the small chat room that has turned into one of the largest golf communities/websites in the world. But most importantly think back at all the innovation and trust me when I say "You ain't seen nothing yet"!

There are two things I want to say about this (without having seen what preceeded the post). There are a small few of us who have been around since the 2008-early 2010 time frame. I don't think anyone with that perspective would want to go back to where things were (even though it was great even then). It is rare anymore that people can search through THP and NOT find an active contest for something or another going on...and we're talking big prizes. I mean, for goodness sakes, the Grandaddy "prize" is worth multiple thousands of dollars...and SEVEN people are winning that prize. Further, there are 13 or so official THP events this year across the country that people can choose to take part in. Three short years ago, 20 of us attended the first one and were blown away when THP HQ wanted a SECOND event in the same year (which by the way doubled in size).

As an observer, typically what I see is that someone joins (maybe even due to a contest), doesn't win, only enters contests, doesn't win a few more, starts complaining, and then either leaves, or they figure out that this is a community that would like them to stay and be a part of it...which in turn opens doors for things like testing. As they get more involved, they may attend an event, being unsure (like we all were in April 2010) about driving hundreds of miles to meet people you talk to on the internet. As so many threads have accurately stated, once you meet THPers in person, you want to keep attending events, and we get to a stage where the bevy of events of 2013 pretty much are all full.

It is human nature to want free stuff, but folks, there is so much more to THP than the stuff, and the contests, and the trips, and the testing. I am not talking to the masses in saying that, I'm talking to the few who haven't figured that out on their own yet. Enjoy the ride, help THP grow in whatever way you can, prepare to be shocked and amazed at whatever comes up next. In the end, this is a family, and people can come and go as they choose, but we all want to see the family grow and improve...because the bigger we get, the more informed we get, and the more welcoming we are, people notice. Whether that is employees of club companies bringing information directly to us, or wanting to sponsor contests, invitationals, or whatever "ridiculous" idea comes out of JB and GG's heads, we ALL win!!

Waiting for my wife's Sim card to be re-activated so that the Sim card in the S4 will swap over to mine. All because I messed up when I did the upgrade.

You only have to learn that lesson once. I still can't believe how red you were, made me forget about my legs being torched!

Texas taught me a valuable lesson. That was so awful.

Jeff that was crazy on your backup today, but my group was lucky we didn't get done any faster, but we didn't have to wait at any tee box. Just so everyone knows I was not on the slow team. We were lucky and had a hole in front and behind us open all day. It was effing hot though and that breeze was more of a thirty mile an hour beast I could of swore I was in Texas or something.

It was insane. I can't believe it took as long as it did to finally go out there and corral those guys. I work with one of the guys that was playing with them and I am going to ask him tomorrow what the Hell was going on. I am not kidding, from 7 to 10, there were times we were 3 deep on tee boxes. The pay to putt hole adds to that, I know, but it wasn't any better on the back 9 either. Luckily, we had the pink shirt girls in front of us, so that made it somewhat enjoyable.

If your talking about Jerry's group I think they had three different teams going with each other. I was in the group before them, and I think there problem was while we were going on 14 they didn't hit when we were on the green. The team playing with us wasn't very good, but didn't take a long time to hit either. Like I mentioned we were at least a hole of head of them all the time, and they hadn't even reached 18 while we were eating lunch. I hear Christine say that next year they were going to put a time limit on the tournament since it took so long.

I'm a bit ashamed of myself today and the way I've handled the multitudes of events that have gone on here, course, and home. Can't help but be.

I'm a bit ashamed of myself today and the way I've handled the multitudes of events that have gone on here, course, and home. Can't help but be.

I'm always ashamed of you. But what's the deal?

Nah man. You are only human. Emotions get the best of us all some times. I still think you are the bees knees.

If your talking about Jerry's group I think they had three different teams going with each other. I was in the group before them, and I think there problem was while we were going on 14 they didn't hit when we were on the green. The team playing with us wasn't very good, but didn't take a long time to hit either. Like I mentioned we were at least a hole of head of them all the time, and they hadn't even reached 18 while we were eating lunch. I hear Christine say that next year they were going to put a time limit on the tournament since it took so long.

Yeah, Hartgrove. They need a marshall in these things. When I saw Randy out on the four wheeler, I thought that's what he was doing. I mean, they just need someone to ride along, make sure everyone is playing at a pace and keep them moving along. Today was as bad as it's ever been. Our group was quick, but it's not like we were impatient and just rocking and firing.

I'm always ashamed of you. But what's the deal?

I'm just a hard headed former coach sometimes. It gets the best of me at times.

Miss you too buddy. :alien:

Nah man. You are only human. Emotions get the best of us all some times. I still think you are the bees knees.

My day is made with the bees knees. YES! :alien:

I love sunscreen now as well.

Jman, the only thing you should be ashamed of is... Well nothing. You are the freakin man.

I love sunscreen now as well.

Jman, the only thing you should be ashamed of is... Well nothing. You are the freakin man.

I love lamp.

I love lamp.

I kinda wanna come up with a drink recipe called the Plumb Bob

Hi Jeff.

Wow, 102 at 8:23, eff this!
u6ase9u9.jpg

But its a dry heat right?

#butfloridaistoohot?

Both are too hot.

I guess NJ is cool in the summer, but SC is MUCH hotter than Florida.

Florida really is cooler than the rest of the southeast at its hottest, it just stays hot for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back