Colorado Fire - worst ever

Bags

Fairways & Greens
Reaction score
I would generally not ask but please say a prayer and/or send good thoughts to the folks in Colorado. Currently, first responders are fighting what is becoming the worst fire in state history, with 360+ homes already burned down, 15,000+ acres with ZERO containment. The current evacuation area is LARGER than the City and County of Denver, just to give you an idea of the magnitude. The fire is officially named the Black Forest Fire. It is located just north-east of Colorado Springs. On a personal note, I have several friends who have confirmed they have lost their houses to this fire.

This is from a News Channel 13 - local new station...

The Black Forest Fire is burning in northern El Paso County. It has grown to about 15,000 acres.

At a news conference Thursday, Sheriff Terry Maketa said the fire was 0% contained and has burned around 360 homes. 1,205 homes were not affected by the fire. 14 homes were partially damaged.

We do not know the exact number of homes lost.

As of 9:00 Thursday morning, the evacuation zone spanned 94,000 acres and covered 13,000 homes affecting 38,000 people.

I've been keeping an eye on this, just terrible and scary as hell.

Definitely sending my thoughts that way.

That's aweful. I'll be praying.

Ugghh... I know exactly how you feel. We just had a giant fire in So. California.
Hang in there. Prayer goes to all of you.

Fires suck, we had some bad ones last year, I had friends fighting them 24 hours a day for weeks, and friends lose quite a bit of land.

Thoughts headed your way.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

It was just under a year ago that the Waldo Canyon Fire burned 18K acres and 346 homes. This was on the north-west part of Colorado Springs. Less than a year apart...

This is terrible. Prayers headed that way for sure.

Just found out my cousin lost her home to this fire. What a horrible situation for everyone.

Awful news, thoughts to Colorado.

Tough news. praying for the least amount as damage as possible

Very scary. Praying for everyone over there

Unbelievable. Some really awe inspiring pictures on google images. Really lets you see just how big this is. Tragic, just tragic.

That is scary. I hope everyone is all right up there. Prayers going your way.

My mom lives in Colorado Springs and has been watching it and posting photos on her Facebook page. Luckily she is on the other side of town and not yet in an evac zone.

I work about 100 miles North of the fire and you can smell it and the air is heavy with a haze from the smoke

Horrible, thoughts and prayers going out to them!

Horrible, Baggs. Thoughts and prayers headed to Colorado buddy, hope they can make some headway on it soon.

Some positive thoughts coming your way. Scary situation

Just a quick update - 400 houses lost, 33,000 evacuees, 2 confirmed deaths... and the fire is still burning...

That is horrible. Stay safe. Hope they can get this thing under control soon.

The good news - we've had some rain and the fire is almost contained. The bad news, 509 houses completely burned down...

IMG_20130621_124546_856_zpsafd4b9c6.jpg

So everybody is saying that the smoke in the air is from the Colorado fires. That's a long ways away. The whole sky is grayish brown.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Back