2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey boys, I just wanted to tell you all in this thread that tongiht I'm leaving for a camping trip with the family. I'll try to stay up to date on the forum but the ladies of the family get all sorts a pissed when I'm tapatalking when I should be enjoying family time.

What a bunch of needy broads. HA! I kid, I love the ladies of my life! I love you guys too!

Have a great weekend dude!

We truly thought that anybody that got in would bust their butts to be playing the best golf of their life and I believe they are. I do not think we will have a single issue with anybody reaching the requirements, but if we do, their has to be ramifications. Much of this is our fault for making the requirement at the event, instead of at signup, but we believe that the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event can be one of the best motivators there is and we hope that is embraced.

I have been busting my tail day and night. I haven't shown the huge gains that some have, but my game is solid and I'm confident I'm going to play good golf in Myrtle. Sadly, I'm sure not every shot of mine will make it on camera, but I expect you'll see me. My two-mile wide grin will be hard to miss.

The plan was to create something special, but this year has shown us a few things that would have to change for us to bring this event back. I want to take a second to thank first the captains that have put in more work than you could imagine. Second to each participant. For the most part, your journey to the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event has been one that has been joyous and incredible to watch from the outside. We hope you enjoy the weekend that is coming up in July, as we put the final touches on everything and that you remember what this event was created for, what its about and most of all, the fun that will be had.

When the time is appropriate JB, I'm sure we'd all like to hear more about this. As I said the other day, from my perspective as a participant, it's been nothing but wonderful. You and GG are the epitome of professional, and of course my sponsor is world-class. I'm sure on your end it's quite a different view and you've had a myriad of issues with which to contend. When the time is right, I'd like to hear about what's not working well and what I can do as a participant or just a THP member to help improve it.

I know I haven't been making very many posts in this thread or any Morgan Cup thread for that matter, but I want to just say it's been a pleasure taking your guys's journey in. As this event nears and all of you get everything ironed out I wish you all the best of luck. The Morgan Cup really is like nothing else. It is an event on a level of its own, and I hope you all take full advantage of the amazing opportunity you guys were given! Good luck to all!

Thank you for posting this and following along. It is an incredible experience made more so by the involvement of the rest of the forum.

I had a lesson today, and it determined 2 things for me:

A) I was not unleashing near the amount of power I could have been, and
B) dispersion will be tighter with this new adjustment.

Yessssss

Very nice Thainer. Kind of scary that you have more power

I was thinking the same thing. He is going to be hitting bombs.

Hey boys, I just wanted to tell you all in this thread that tongiht I'm leaving for a camping trip with the family. I'll try to stay up to date on the forum but the ladies of the family get all sorts a pissed when I'm tapatalking when I should be enjoying family time.

What a bunch of needy broads. HA! I kid, I love the ladies of my life! I love you guys too!

have a great time Jake. I know you will enjoy the quality family time.

To move away from the stack and tilt-ish hip slide and helped me turn them a bit more.
Did you know your we're doing a form of SnT? Sounds like a solid tip. How does it feel?

Did you know your we're doing a form of SnT? Sounds like a solid tip. How does it feel?

In a way I did, not completely though.

I've been blessed with the ability to be able to completely overhaul my swing in 35 balls or so to get the action. It'll be an easy fix. It feels pretty weird though lol

Hey guys the big weekend is getting pretty darn close! I bet you are jacked up like a 57 Chevrolet with baby moon hub caps on :blob:. You're all pumped and ready for the big show and do us proud. Darn,,, I'd like to be up there watching this thing!

Hey guys the big weekend is getting pretty darn close! I bet you are jacked up like a 57 Chevrolet with baby moon hub caps on :blob:. You're all pumped and ready for the big show and do us proud. Darn,,, I'd like to be up there watching this thing!

Make the drive! We'd love to have you there.
I'm getting more excited by the day!

Make the drive! We'd love to have you there.
I'm getting more excited by the day!

I'd have to sleep on ya couch bro and eat roman noodles :D

Drive on up then I can :stickbeat: you for not supporting team Dotcom! :D

Drive on up then I can :stickbeat: you for not supporting team Dotcom! :D

Actually I'm pulling for all you dudes to play well. I just want Team Albatross to play a bit better :D

This is probably going to be a pretty fun weekend once it gets here. Just sayin

If by that you mean freaking amazing, then yes haha

I had a lesson today, and it determined 2 things for me:

A) I was not unleashing near the amount of power I could have been, and
B) dispersion will be tighter with this new adjustment.

Yessssss

I like it. I need one here soon to get everything dialed. Wish I was in Florida for the good (swing) Doctor Kong. I hear he's money.

Not scared of those fast Myrtle Beach greens anymore. I played yesterday a round with the greens cut very short and well, with a stimp rating between 11-12. 26 putts.

Not scared of those fast Myrtle Beach greens anymore. I played a round with greens cut very short, and stimp rating between 11-12. 26 putts.

How'd you find them CH? I love faster greens. Harder, but better.

How'd you find them CH? I love faster greens. Harder, but better.

As long as the green is true, I like them fast, we usually have quite slow greens, so when I play a course with fast greens it could surprise me...that's why I plan to play several practice rounds at the MC.

As long as the green is true, I like them fast, we usually have quite slow greens, so when I play a course with fast greens it could surprise me...that's why I plan to play several practice rounds at the MC.

They were talking about the slower than expected greens at Merion... Saying with that, guys end up pushing trying to hit the ball harder.

To be able to just let the pendulum do the work is so great. I love it.

They were talking about the slower than expected greens at Merion... Saying with that, guys end up pushing trying to hit the ball harder.

To be able to just let the pendulum do the work is so great. I love it.

That's all it was though, was talking. These greens are not slow at all and they'll be faster soon lol

I really liked the greens in Myrtle. Very true compared to the greens I play on a regular basis.

That's all it was though, was talking. These greens are not slow at all and they'll be faster soon lol

That's interesting, because I happen to agree. The slower my home course greens are, the more I force the ball and tend to pull off line. My on-line % is worlds better when they are rolling fast.

Not scared of those fast Myrtle Beach greens anymore. I played yesterday a round with the greens cut very short and well, with a stimp rating between 11-12. 26 putts.

That is some nice putting right there bro.

You should not have to worry about this. They are generally very well manicured and roll very true.

That's interesting, because I happen to agree. The slower my home course greens are, the more I force the ball and tend to pull off line. My on-line % is worlds better when they are rolling fast.

I agree about slow greens but I disagree about Merion being slow lol

I was a little nervous last year about speeds on greens but once I spent time on the putting greens I was confident in my putting game.

That is some nice putting right there bro.

You should not have to worry about this. They are generally very well manicured and roll very true.

They did roll really well last year. I think that's part of the reason we saw a lot of long putts go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back