Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thunder are not in the same class at these two teams with or without Westbrook. That's a pipe dream. I love KD but he can't defend, he's a pure scorer. In fact the Thunder have a pretty soft front court in terms of defense all the way through the lineup.

Well now it's over for sure. Honestly, I don't blame Lebron for being timid about going to the hoop all the time. He gets hammered at the rim every time, and fouls still don't get called. He is tied with Dwight Howard for being fouled the most times without calls. It's absurd.

Funniest post I have read in this thread in a long time.

I am quoting myself here to add that its a personal assessment. You are right that James gets fouled a lot and does not get the call, but at the same time, he (and most superstars) get more calls than anybody else and get away with more than anybody else. The above line was because it was funny, to hear about someone like James not getting "fair" treatment, because most say the complete opposite and have about every star this league has ever seen.

Like so many superstars before him, and it will be the same for the ones coming after.

Like so many superstars before him, and it will be the same for the ones coming after.

I have always disliked it about the league, but it is what it is and has been for a few decades. I still think the Heat will win this series. Too much talent and too much on the line legacy wise. They will come out aggressive in the 1st half and get to the rim and the foul line a lot. It will go to game 7 and that one will be the 1st "close" game in the series. The Heat will prevail.

That's my prediction anyway. Could be off, but I like the way it looks.

I have always disliked it about the league, but it is what it is and has been for a few decades. I still think the Heat will win this series. Too much talent and too much on the line legacy wise. They will come out aggressive in the 1st half and get to the rim and the foul line a lot. It will go to game 7 and that one will be the 1st "close" game in the series. The Heat will prevail.

That's my prediction anyway. Could be off, but I like the way it looks.

Spurs will finish them off in game 6.

I am quoting myself here to add that its a personal assessment. You are right that James gets fouled a lot and does not get the call, but at the same time, he (and most superstars) get more calls than anybody else and get away with more than anybody else. The above line was because it was funny, to hear about someone like James not getting "fair" treatment, because most say the complete opposite and have about every star this league has ever seen.

Glad you added that second part, because the first part wasn't very nice. I still stand by what I said because that's what I believe and what I see. Though I should correct myself, on Howard it's still a bit more ridiculous than with Lebron. Howard gets fouled almost every time he touches the ball, but it doesn't show because he's so huge.

Glad you added that second part, because the first part wasn't very nice. I still stand by what I said because that's what I believe and what I see. Though I should correct myself, on Howard it's still a bit more ridiculous than with Lebron. Howard gets fouled almost every time he touches the ball, but it doesn't show because he's so huge.

Tone is hard to tell in text. I re-read it afterwards and saw how it could come off. In my head it sounded like I would say it, but reading the text made me want to add more.

Jinx post, but when/if Los Spurs win the championship, who gets the MVP? Personally, I think it is a 2 man race between Parker and Green. I feel that at the moment, Green deserves it the most, but looking at the list of Finals MVPs, he isn't a "stereotypical" MVP winner. There are 2 NBA finals MVPs not in the HOF (or will not be in the HOF; 3 if you count Billups) and it is too early to tell, but I feel safe saying that Danny Green will not be in the HOF.

Still at least 1 game to play, but if the finals ends on Tuesday, I think the NBA goes with the safe play in Parker instead of the deserved choice in Green. Any other opinions?

FWIW, you realize that you made a statistical statement that has to grounds in any statistic?

I am amazed at how many long jump shots Lebron takes. It's staggering.

Jinx post, but when/if Los Spurs win the championship, who gets the MVP? Personally, I think it is a 2 man race between Parker and Green. I feel that at the moment, Green deserves it the most, but looking at the list of Finals MVPs, he isn't a "stereotypical" MVP winner. There are 2 NBA finals MVPs not in the HOF (or will not be in the HOF; 3 if you count Billups) and it is too early to tell, but I feel safe saying that Danny Green will not be in the HOF.

Still at least 1 game to play, but if the finals ends on Tuesday, I think the NBA goes with the safe play in Parker instead of the deserved choice in Green. Any other opinions?

Has to be Green IMO. Best shooting performance in finals history. He's been the difference in this series.

Why does everybody think Green is going to "come back down to Earth" after this finals performance? Why can't he end up being better than Ray Allen, Reggie Miller? Maybe I'm biased but I see Danny doing nothing but consistently developing into a better player....

My prediction before the finals started was Spurs in 6 (biased) or 7 (unbiased). I don't know if they'll win in Game 6 but I feel like it won't be a blowout this time. I think the winner will win by less than 5...

Why does everybody think Green is going to "come back down to Earth" after this finals performance? Why can't he end up being better than Ray Allen, Reggie Miller? Maybe I'm biased but I see Danny doing nothing but consistently developing into a better player....

My prediction before the finals started was Spurs in 6 (biased) or 7 (unbiased). I don't know if they'll win in Game 6 but I feel like it won't be a blowout this time. I think the winner will win by less than 5...

Because people don't just magically become the best shooters ever overnight. You ever watch him in Cleveland? He got cut from the freaking Cavaliers. He's having the best stretch of shooting in his life, but will have to cool off eventually.

There's only 1 Jeremy Lin :)

In all seriousness, I think the NBA is the sport where draft stock is represented the best. You do not see many late drafted players turn into HOFers. It happens, but I do not see that in Danny Green's case. I'm not rooting against him by any means, I just do not see it. He was good in college, not great, and he has been a below average NBA player until he exploded recently. I think he will be a fair starter or a good reserve player in the NBA for his career. I hope he gets a nice little contract after this performance though.

I would love nothing more than for Miami to repeat but I have to predict a trip back to 2011, and Miami will lose in 6. The Spurs outside shooting is peaking at the absolute right time and hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. Also, Miami doesn't seem to be making any adjustments. You'd think that after the first 4 games, Spo would make a concerted effort to make sure Green is not left alone yet time and time again he's getting beyond open looks. I don't know if Miami's shooting has just gone cold or it's San Antonio's defense but they just cannot seem to get into a rhythm.

Though I am a Heat fan, I am so sick of watching Lebron complain about fouls. Yes, I truly believe that he gets absolutely mugged sometimes with no call (I've seen him get clotheslined on fast breaks during the season but no call because he busts right through them due to his size) but when you're consistently not getting the calls you need to have a plan B and also get back instead of standing there crying about it. That being said, I am not a big fan of how Parker and Ginobbli seem to just lower their shoulder and dive straight into the paint and get many calls. Last night I had to hit replay 5x's to watch a Ginobbli drive. He didn't get touched but whipped his head back as if he got hit with a sledgehammer.

Ok one last Heat fan rant and then I'll end it...you get so tired of playing teams that have what seems like the series of their career against you. Chicago had Robinson catch fire and go berzerk for a while, then Indiana has a center that averaged 10pts and 7 boards during the season and then magically averages 20+ and 12-15 boards and can't seem to miss a FT, and now you have Green shooting almost 30% better than his average...and sustain it the entire f-ing series. Then in Manu's 1st start of the year can't miss the entire time in a pivotal game. For once I'd like a team play to their normal self instead of having some absolutely ridiculous series against us.

I do think the strategy of backing off our stars and making them shoot is absolutely ingenious.

As for buying championships, I'm reading a lot of that from haters. One question...is that not exactly what the Clippers are attempting to do? They are trying to bring in a HOF'er in Garnett to join forces with Paul and Griffin (All-stars) AND they are trying to bring Rivers with them.

I didn't realize until I saw the stat, Ginobili's 24 points in Game 5 was a season high for him! Regular season and postseason, his previous high this season was 23 points back in January!

This Celtics & Clippers thing is absolutely fascinating. Dealing a head coach is not all that common, but also adding in a future hall of famer on his way down. Then throw in that they want to dump at least one more contract as well as get 2 expiring contracts in return along with talent & a first rounder. While the casual will look at it when (if) it happens and say the Celts got robbed, in reality they are getting a far better side of the deal if it goes down how it appears right now. However the Clips need Rivers and KG if they want a legit shot at signing CP to a deal.

Really interesting. A team could go from aging to rebuilt in less than 2 years.

This Celtics & Clippers thing is absolutely fascinating. Dealing a head coach is not all that common, but also adding in a future hall of famer on his way down. Then throw in that they want to dump at least one more contract as well as get 2 expiring contracts in return along with talent & a first rounder. While the casual will look at it when (if) it happens and say the Celts got robbed, in reality they are getting a far better side of the deal if it goes down how it appears right now. However the Clips need Rivers and KG if they want a legit shot at signing CP to a deal.

Really interesting. A team could go from aging to rebuilt in less than 2 years.

As a die hard Clippers fan, I'm not excited about it all that much. I think they're giving away a lot of the future for two guys I don't see being around the next 5 years.

Taps away

blah blah blah

GO SPURS

Anyone else think the Spurs will win tonight? I bet they win by 15 or more.

Anyone else think the Spurs will win tonight? I bet they win by 15 or more.

Nope david stern waves his wand and heat take it thanks to a magical increase in free throws attemptdd by the heat and a bunch of no call fouls.

Nope david stern waves his wand and heat take it thanks to a magical increase in free throws attemptdd by the heat and a bunch of no call fouls.

Probably. I believe Joey Crawford is reffing tonight. He's the worst of the bunch by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back