THP & Callaway - The 1st Ultimate Club Testing Event

I'm good for some Friday golf. Can drive down any time from Saint Augustine. I'll keep a look out for what you guys decide.

I have quite a few trips left this year, but nothing with the newness and intrigue that this one has. Im so jacked up for it, cant freaking wait!

Okay everybody, I wanted to update you guys on how the weekend will take shape so that you can arrange your travel plans.
FWIW, the official event begins Saturday morning with fitting and testing and education. Followed of course by a round of golf and then another round of golf on Sunday.
I have spoken to the fine folks involved at Callaway and they agree that perhaps a meet and greet is in order as well. While it is not part of the event, we will be having dinner and drinks locally (either at resort or nearby) Friday night at 7pm EST. So if it is something you would like to be a part of, plan your travels accordingly.

Very exciting news right here ^^^^^^

Flight booked. This trip just that much more real.

I'll be getting in around 11:30am on Friday and leaving Monday morning. I'm in for a round on Friday and splitting a room with someone on Sunday.

So I am going to get in Thursday and leaving Tuesday early. I am down to split a room with anyone that needs. Good chance it will be free to you as I will use points to book the room. I am also good for a round Friday at Mission Inn since we have that free round. But I am the FNG here so I will roll with what everyone wants to do.

But I am the FNG here so I will roll with what everyone wants to do.

You won't be alone. This will be my first THP event and I don't know anyone on here.

Good news is it'll feel like you're around old friends really really fast.

Definitely don't be your last event

So I am going to get in Thursday and leaving Tuesday early. I am down to split a room with anyone that needs. Good chance it will be free to you as I will use points to book the room. I am also good for a round Friday at Mission Inn since we have that free round. But I am the FNG here so I will roll with what everyone wants to do.
I will be down to play on Friday. I wouldn't mind getting in a round before we get down to business on Saturday with the Callaway crew. I'll send you a PM.

You won't be alone. This will be my first THP event and I don't know anyone on here.

I went to my first THP last year after just joining the site. It can be daunting walking into an event not knowing anyone, but everyone here is super welcoming and friendly.

Definitely in for Friday if they let us use that third round. Get there early, play golf, check in, get ready and go to dinner. All we need is a list and a tee time or three.

I'll be in Friday.

But would anyone be up for coming in Thursday and playing Friday afternoon? Or even Friday morning? Either way I'll be at the meet and greet

Good news is it'll feel like you're around old friends really really fast.

Definitely don't be your last event

I'm kind of a jerk though, so I may not be allowed back :at-wits-end:

Yes. Yes, you'll fit in quite well.

Hey, this reminds me. You and your Auburn buddies should put together an RTJ Trail outing. Maybe in December - your football season should be over by then ;)

I'll be in Friday.

But would anyone be up for coming in Thursday and playing Friday afternoon? Or even Friday morning? Either way I'll be at the meet and greet

TNT and I are planning on playing at Mission Inn on Friday afternoon if you want to join.

TNT and I are planning on playing at Mission Inn on Friday afternoon if you want to join.
did someone confirm that we could use that 3rd comp'd round on Friday?

Awesome. I think Friday afternoon is the only time we could use it possibly.

Well I love the idea of playing with my old clubs first then playing after we are fitted twice. Cant wait to see the difference.

Hey, this reminds me. You and your Auburn buddies should put together an RTJ Trail outing. Maybe in December - your football season should be over by then ;)

It sure would suck if you got banned before this event....

It sure would suck if you got banned before this event....

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way, it was a light hearted jab, I assure you. You can count on me for some solid football banter, but I'm not that guy that's going to piss everyone off.

I was serious though about the golf. A buddy of mine and his father played up there last year and had a blast, and I would think a decent number of folks live close enough to drive.

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way, it was a light hearted jab, I assure you. You can count on me for some solid football banter, but I'm not that guy that's going to piss everyone off.

I was serious though about the golf. A buddy of mine and his father played up there last year and had a blast, and I would think a decent number of folks live close enough to drive.

War Eagle is a very serious person, he never jokes. You'll learn soon enough.

Oh and don't stand on the green when JB putts.

Well I love the idea of playing with my old clubs first then playing after we are fitted twice. Cant wait to see the difference.

I just hope it's a driver. I haven't played one regularly since my old TM Burner cracked a year ago. I've gone through three different drivers since but couldn't hit any of them consistently. None were fitted though, I think that old TM was just naturally tuned right for me.

Here's to hoping!

War Eagle is a very serious person, he never jokes. You'll learn soon enough.

Oh and don't stand on the green when JB putts.

Would moonwalking count as "standing"?

Back