The Bubba Watson Thread

I enjoy hating Bubba. I really do. He is the biggest phony in professional golf. By a mile.

Sounds to me like he said "me" not "you" but everyone continue bashing away .

Sounds to me like he said "me" not "you" but everyone continue bashing away .

I will. Because he is a crybaby. A finger pointer. And a prima-donna. One masters win doesn't earn enough credit to be a jerk.

I've got a buddy who rarely ever golfs who happened to be watching the tournament today. He sent me a half dozen texts about the way that Bubba was acting on 17 and 18. Pretty sad because his previous opinion of Bubba was solely based on last years masters coverage and he was a fan.

He has always been an idiot and an attention seeker but I think his level of being a jerk is in the Sergio and Daly category.

Just curious, but phony in what way?

His whole persona is phony, manufactured and fake as Hell. His dimwitted interview with Feherty last year further illustrated that. The whole "$50,000 watch" thing came across as a "Kiss the ring" sideshow. His crap overseas. His whining about the U.S. Open last year before a shot was ever struck (basically giving up before he even teed off), today's remarks. He must have the worst PR team in the history of the planet, because someone should have sat him down long ago and said, "Dude, with all due respect, you're a prick and people know it. And I quit."

His whole persona is phony, manufactured and fake as Hell. His dimwitted interview with Feherty last year further illustrated that. The whole "$50,000 watch" thing came across as a "Kiss the ring" sideshow. His crap overseas. His whining about the U.S. Open last year before a shot was ever struck (basically giving up before he even teed off), today's remarks. He must have the worst PR team in the history of the planet, because someone should have sat him down long ago and said, "Dude, with all due respect, you're a prick and people know it. And I quit."

$500K watch.

Bubba does what Bubba does best. Again looking like a giant a$$hole. Wow, caught on national TV again complaining about your own caddie. Dude, its not just the caddie's fault you put it in the drink. I know in Bubba's world, he can do know wrong, but cmon dude.
I thought the same thing when I saw the replay of the 16th, holy cow, he just needs to own up to his mistakes on the course.

I thought the same thing when I saw the replay of the 16th, holy cow, he just needs to own up to his mistakes on the course.

I wish I had someone to blame for my crap round today haha man I was just looking for someone to take it out on when I 4 putted

I used to actually like Bubba and defend him a bit, stuff like this though is just too much. He really is an ass.

Interesting, thanks.

$500K watch.

I hope he loses it. Digging his head out of his own butt.

I used to actually like Bubba and defend him a bit, stuff like this though is just too much. He really is an ass.

I liked the guy too, I really did. But success has went to this guys head, fast and in a bad way. And it's not even like he's THAT successful. As Josh said, Hell, Mike Weir has a Green Jacket and you don't see him out acting like a juvenile nitwit.

Like Feherety said, "you swung the club bud."

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

After seeing him say those things today, I've lost all respect for this man

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they had an argument or disagreement off the course that made its way on the course today. I don't know. But, his attitude was a little off base in my humble opinion. I guess I have the same stance on him as I do with Tiger. I enjoy watching them play, I think it's exciting when Tiger is in contention, but I don't necessarily route for them or call myself a fan of either.

Is this the same caddy that threatened to leave Bubba if he didn't somehow get his head on a little straighter? I wonder if this could be the beginning of the end since he has struggled this year.

Is this the same caddy that threatened to leave Bubba if he didn't somehow get his head on a little straighter? I wonder if this could be the beginning of the end since he has struggled this year.

And 3/4 of last year.

I don't know why some people seem shocked. This guy is headed for a train wreck... hits caddie with a club, shoves a kid into a lake, takes General Lee on high speed chase because someone tried to take a pic, drop kicks playing partner for enjoying his round, etc. TRAIN WRECK!!!!

Lost a fan today.

his act has gotten worse after winning the Masters.

when did he push a kid into a lake?

I just got heavy into golf last year, and read an article on golf digest where they said he was generous so I had a favorable opinion of him but today he was a total ass. The announcer pointed it out by saying "now now you the one that took the shot" or something of those sorts but it was on point none the less.

Unless the quote was wrong, his caddie talked him into hitting the 9i when he wanted to hit the 8i, think I would be a little pissed also.

Unless the quote was wrong, his caddie talked him into hitting the 9i when he wanted to hit the 8i, think I would be a little pissed also.

So... Bubba screwed up an got mad at somebody else because he screwed up

Be pissed.....just keep your mouth shut.

Back