Titleist 714 Irons Preview

Sexy irons.

They look very similar to the current line, which I like the look of very much

Those AP1 irons look like Nike covert irons.

I know for fact that Nike builds titleist irons. Now it's getting obvious.

Those AP2 irons look like Nike covert irons.

I know for fact that Nike builds titleist irons. Now it's getting obvious.

Weird, I thought AP1s looked like Coverts.

I think the AP2's look much better than the 712 version. Interested to hear what they've done 'inside'.

Hmmm. I've always loved the CBs and especially love them in satin finish. I can't wait to see/hear more but I'm definitely underwhelmed by the initial pic. Just doesn't look like much has changed. Even if they haven't changed much I could dig a set of 714 CBs.

I will try them out when they are available but they don't look like they have changed much. Maybe that's not a bad thing. Stay with what works.

They look nice.

titleist motto "if it aint broke, dont fix it"

Unless I am mistaken, Titleist never varies much from what they have and only tinker slightly with their irons. They are not trying to get everyone who currently owns a set of 712s to sell and upgrade, they are trying to get new buyers who play a different brand currently or current customers who play an older set of Titleist irons, 710s or older. IIRC when the 712s came out they (or at least reviewers) stated there wouldn't be much difference for someone to sell their 710s just to buy 712s. I would assume the same goes for the 714s.

Am I the only one who really likes these irons?

Am I the only one who really likes these irons?

No. I really like them to. They look fantastic. Just exactly like the 712s.

Big yawn. You could put all of these irons next to their 712 counterparts and I bet that not many people would be able to tell the difference. Then add in that the Titleist irons tend to be on the expensive end of the market, and I'm not excited about these at all.

No one has hit these clubs, just complaint about the lack of cosmetic differences. Is that fair? I love my JPX 825 Pros, but will hit the AP2 just to see. People complain over the price, but the extra $100 for Titleist irons which one would play x months equates to a weekend round at a good public course.

They're beautiful irons for sure.
The MB's are an improvement but tbh I don't think I'd change my 710's for them.
I would buy another set when I feel the need though.
I can't see that happening for another 2 years.

I think they still look the same but that look is still nice and clean. I hit the 712 ap2's and loved them but they were way out of my price range. Im sure titleist will sell plenty.

Nice looking, i think they would sell a lot more it they made them look more different, people like to have shiny new things to show off to their friends. Not sure many people would notice these as the new model on the course or in the bag.

i thought Titleist numbers related to the year they are released, I.e. 913 in 2013, 712 in 2012 which would mean 714 in 2014, guess I got that wrong.

Nice looking, i think they would sell a lot more it they made them look more different, people like to have shiny new things to show off to their friends. Not sure many people would notice these as the new model on the course or in the bag.

i thought Titleist numbers related to the year they are released, I.e. 913 in 2013, 712 in 2012 which would mean 714 in 2014, guess I got that wrong.

It sort of is. Think of it like a car model. The next years model is generally released 4-6 months before the end of the previous year.

I like that they removed the paintfill on the back cavity for the CB and MB irons. Makes it look even cleaner and simpler. J40 and now the 714 CB/MB are some of the best looking irons.

Still not a fan of the AP line aesthetics, personally.

I've always loved the CBs. A buddy had a set and I got to play a few holes with them. So smooth. One day.....

The MB and CB have a great, classic look about them. I guess if they have something that works they will just keep using it. As a consumer I don't need to see something every year that is new and improved. I might have a problem with them if they made some outrageous claims about new this and that, and say this is how we've improved, and then not change much, but if they make no such claims then I don't see the need to reinvent the wheel every couple of years. It's just a new version of a current model. If you think about car model years, they have a new one each year, but for the most part, unless it is a complete redesign, the changes are mostly subtle and cosmetic from year to year.

CB's and MB's are so classy looking. Really like the old school Titleist in cursive on them. I could never game them.....but they are great looking sticks.

Really like the looks of the CB and MB's. Such a nice clean and classic look. Might have to look into them next year.

Back