Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

Well, my 5-7 Wood arrived today, so I went out for a quick 9 after work. There's only one problem I've run into with this thing. I bought a 5-7 to set it at 7 Wood because I hit 7 Wood better than my old 3 hybrid and needed a reliable 200 yard club and the 7 Wood has always been that go-to club for me. On my first shot with it on a Par 5, I was 250 yards out, so I decided to try it and hit the 7. I ended up hitting it 240 yards and was 10 yards off the green. Dead straight, very penetrating ball flight.

The problem is that I hit my original Amp 5 Wood an average of 230 yards.......... So I figured it may be a fluke, so I hit it again on a 200 yard Par 3. I overshot the green by 30ish yards..... What the heck? I'm hitting the 20* 7 Wood further than my 5 Wood. So I'm laughing and mad at the same time, because now I have two 230-240 yard clubs and still no reliable 200 yard club. I guess this means that I need to ditch the 5 Wood, get a 3-4 Amp Cell, set it 4 Wood and get an Amp Cell 4 hybrid to cover the 200 yard distance that I need to fill.

Good and bad news, I guess.

More Cell goodness is never bad news.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Well, my 5-7 Wood arrived today, so I went out for a quick 9 after work. There's only one problem I've run into with this thing. I bought a 5-7 to set it at 7 Wood because I hit 7 Wood better than my old 3 hybrid and needed a reliable 200 yard club and the 7 Wood has always been that go-to club for me. On my first shot with it on a Par 5, I was 250 yards out, so I decided to try it and hit the 7. I ended up hitting it 240 yards and was 10 yards off the green. Dead straight, very penetrating ball flight.

The problem is that I hit my original Amp 5 Wood an average of 230 yards.......... So I figured it may be a fluke, so I hit it again on a 200 yard Par 3. I overshot the green by 30ish yards..... What the heck? I'm hitting the 20* 7 Wood further than my 5 Wood. So I'm laughing and mad at the same time, because now I have two 230-240 yard clubs and still no reliable 200 yard club. I guess this means that I need to ditch the 5 Wood, get a 3-4 Amp Cell, set it 4 Wood and get an Amp Cell 4 hybrid to cover the 200 yard distance that I need to fill.

hahaha sorry but congrats on the sweet new STICK (s)

Sounds like a mix between a solid club and shaft for you Bullitt!!! Congrats on the new club! Maybe it's time to add an Amp cell hybrid to the mix to close that gap!

So got fitted for a fairway wood today..same place same pro as for my irons. :thumbup:
Hit my R11 3 wood first on the monitor as a basis and then hit pretty much all the 3 woods he had....Rbz stage 2 , Nike covert and Nike covert tour, Benross , Ping , Yonex , and Cobra Amp Cell and Baffler. Nailed a few with the Covert , didn't enjoy the Yonex/Ping/Benross.
The Rbz stage 2 didn't go further than my current R11...so much for the extra yardage :eek:, did like the sound though.
The awkward thing for me and the Pro that my swing speed is right on what could be a stiff or a regular shaft flex so we spent a lot of time looking at launch and roll and talking about what I wanted from the club. It came down to the Nike covert and the Cobra Amp cell....the distance between the clubs , a whole two yards on average further with the Nike but better consistency with the Amp.
So as the wife was buying it for our anniversary I plumped for a nice 3/4 fairway in the blue ......happy days .
Played 9 holes with ranger junior tonight much to his disgust the new club got me to the longest par 5 in two shots

:p:p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I'm really looking forward to getting these fairways and hybrid into the bag! I was bombing the 3w at the outing demo day. Will be nice to see the shaft difference from the stock stiff at demo day. Nice completion to an already awesome bag.

I'm really looking forward to getting these fairways and hybrid into the bag! I was bombing the 3w at the outing demo day. Will be nice to see the shaft difference from the stock stiff at demo day. Nice completion to an already awesome bag.
I can remember getting a taste of them in Des Moines last year when they were hush/hush, they performed beautifully!

So got fitted for a fairway wood today..same place same pro as for my irons. :thumbup:
Hit my R11 3 wood first on the monitor as a basis and then hit pretty much all the 3 woods he had....Rbz stage 2 , Nike covert and Nike covert tour, Benross , Ping , Yonex , and Cobra Amp Cell and Baffler. Nailed a few with the Covert , didn't enjoy the Yonex/Ping/Benross.
The Rbz stage 2 didn't go further than my current R11...so much for the extra yardage :eek:, did like the sound though.
The awkward thing for me and the Pro that my swing speed is right on what could be a stiff or a regular shaft flex so we spent a lot of time looking at launch and roll and talking about what I wanted from the club. It came down to the Nike covert and the Cobra Amp cell....the distance between the clubs , a whole two yards on average further with the Nike but better consistency with the Amp.
So as the wife was buying it for our anniversary I plumped for a nice 3/4 fairway in the blue ......happy days .
Played 9 holes with ranger junior tonight much to his disgust the new club got me to the longest par 5 in two shots

:p:p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nice to hear man! Enjoy the new stick!

It arrived and I get to test in the work scramble outing tomorrow then put into play on Sunday at nice course in Canton, OH "The Sanctuary".... Can't Wait !!!

fm8k.jpg

looks great man. Hope you hit it well.

that's sweet looking, good luck with it!

Looks amazing, I can't wait to hear how it performs for you!

It arrived and I get to test in the work scramble outing tomorrow then put into play on Sunday at nice course in Canton, OH "The Sanctuary".... Can't Wait !!!

fm8k.jpg

Nice man! Good luck with it!!

I also have a silver one coming. Hope you have a great round with it.

Going back to my pro today to hit some Cell hybrids and some drivers see if I can gap the bag better , being honest I do love my TM RBZ 3 hybrid but I will let the numbers on the launch monitor make the descision....as for the Drivers ...I have fallen out of love with my R11 ...the R1 and the Amp cell both look good....launch monitor time...could be an expensive day :bulgy-eyes:

A great video about "MyFly"
[video=youtube_share;n5p08zU-f_U]http://youtu.be/n5p08zU-f_U[/video]
[h=1]According to the Pros: MyFly™ Technology[/h]

A great video about "MyFly"
[video=youtube_share;n5p08zU-f_U]http://youtu.be/n5p08zU-f_U[/video]

Thanks for posting this dude. I got the email too and really enjoyed it!

Hit a 3/4 tonight. The club felt solid and was the longest that I hit. It was set at 15* and According to the launch monitor(hit inside) I was carring 278-288. I don't by the distance from the monitor but swing speed was showing as 118-120 with ball speeds in the low 170. I thought I wanted a cobra due to the adjustability but seeing the distance and ball speeds i figured i would not need to go down to 13*. I went with a titleist. The cobra seemed really hot and the stock shaft option was a nice shaft. I may have been able to go to a xflex but have never found a xflex to help over a standard xflex and they did not have one available. Overall cobra has made an excellent club and if looking for pure distance this club should be your first look.

I don't even want new stuff but I like these or the x hots much better at address than I do my Adams.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I don't even want new stuff but I like these or the x hots much better at address than I do my Adams.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

You'll have to spend some more time with mine next round. Maybe even hit them on the range before the round :gasp:

Like I mentioned earlier I got out on Friday for the company scramble but unfortunately we were playing from the Whites and we never had a 190-200 yd shot all day, but Sunday I got to hit Amp Cell four times, and three of them were on Par 5's were I needed to layup to the 100-110 yd range and all three were nice baby fades that landed perfect in the fairway and the last one was on #18 I was sitting about 187 out in the rough but my ball was laying almost perfect and I hit a beauty that was heading to the right side of the green my ball hit and rolled about 15 feet past the hole and like the rest of the day when I had a birdie putt (3 times) I walked off with a bogey and that killed my score as I shot a 84 but was really impressed with Amp just like I am with the X-Hot, they look almost identical at address and both seem to produce the same baby fade I'm accustom with. The reason I went with Amp Cell over another X-Hot was my gapping between my 5i and 20* X-Hot is kind of screwy and wanted the adjustability to maybe fix that gapping and get it better dialed in.

I really like the Amp Cell fairway wood. There is just something about it, even with the standard offering, that gives me everything I want in a fairway wood. Thinking when we get back from the next two THP Tour Van events, that I might bring it out for a few rounds.

I really like the Amp Cell fairway wood. There is just something about it, even with the standard offering, that gives me everything I want in a fairway wood. Thinking when we get back from the next two THP Tour Van events, that I might bring it out for a few rounds.

I am very much looking forward to getting it in my bag. I have really liked these fairways every time I have hit them. You know how much I like a good 3 wood.

I hit the Cell hybrid today. Mainly because I thought I could get on for 45% off. I was really impressed with it. I thought the shaft held up better than the xcon-6 in the Cleveland Classic hybrid.

Back