Callaway XHot Hybrid - Forum Testing Review

A 16* XHP hybrid showed up tonight. Looking forward to hitting this thing.

The 5 hybrid is quickly becoming my go to club. It is so easy to hit and I am very consistent with it.

So far, the 16° XHP has been a bit hit or miss. Certainly a lower ball flight than the Super S fairway wood, but that's not really a big surprise to me based on what I've seen in the past. That Super S is the highest flying low-lofted club I've owned. I've been pretty tied up with other reviews, so finding time to work with the XHP has been difficult.

I did grab the H-Xhot 4h from the back up bag today. I'm going to do a little hybrid/hyron shoot out I think.

So far, the 16° XHP has been a bit hit or miss. Certainly a lower ball flight than the Super S fairway wood, but that's not really a big surprise to me based on what I've seen in the past. That Super S is the highest flying low-lofted club I've owned. I've been pretty tied up with other reviews, so finding time to work with the XHP has been difficult.

I did grab the H-Xhot 4h from the back up bag today. I'm going to do a little hybrid/hyron shoot out I think.

I look forward to hearing the results of that.

I am still a little hit and miss with the XHot 4 hybrid. Don't know why, but I can occasionally hit a big cut with it, but when it is hit well, the ball just goes.

It's been a great little club for me. I'd like to see how dispersion stacks up against the Altitude and J40. I already know it's the highest flying of the three. It's longer than the hyron for sure. I may carry them both if I feel like it.

I am pondering a Callaway x hot pro 20 with a proforce v2 shaft.

Anybody having problems with the shallow face from the rough? I love a deeper hybrid from the rough and the XHP hybrid has me concerned a little.

Also anybody able to compare the XHP to the 913h? That's what I currently have and I am a little unhappy with its performance.

Anybody having problems with the shallow face from the rough? I love a deeper hybrid from the rough and the XHP hybrid has me concerned a little.

I have had no problems with rough interaction.

I have had zero issiue from any lie I have encountered. I have the shaft you want in another Hybrid and I like it alot.

Also anybody able to compare the XHP to the 913h? That's what I currently have and I am a little unhappy with its performance.

Last range session I was having some issues keeping this straight had a lesson today and got this thing going better than ever. Can't wait to get this on the course again. May leave the driver at home once I get my FW and only use that and my hybo off the tee. Really amazed at how good this hybrid is off the turf

Last range session I was having some issues keeping this straight had a lesson today and got this thing going better than ever. Can't wait to get this on the course again. May leave the driver at home once I get my FW and only use that and my hybo off the tee. Really amazed at how good this hybrid is off the turf
How far do you hit this thing Buck? 350?

How far do you hit this thing Buck? 350?

Yeah on a easy 3/4 swing. No it's going 230-250. I was hitting it good and I had a bad range session with it but like I said my instructor got it worked out and man is this thing good when you put a good swing on it.

Yeah on a easy 3/4 swing. No it's going 230-250. I was hitting it good and I had a bad range session with it but like I said my instructor got it worked out and man is this thing good when you put a good swing on it.
It really does move. I've hit quite a few balls with this club on the course that have been 30-40 yards past other guy's drivers.

How did it go?

I only pulled it out once because I was so focused on using the clubs I needed. I should have tested it out more on that course but I will be back.

It was hole #2 a par 4 at 415 yds from the whites.
I pulled out driver to tee off and hit a terrible hook into the right side slope angling down & left. I am not very familiar with hitting off a slope and it was awkward to setup and prepare myself for this shot which was about 230 yards out from the green. So I took a few practice swings and then took the shot which came off nice and smooth with a draw, but unfortunately it came up short of the green about 10 yards. I finished with a chip and putt for par.
Overall I love my hybrid all too much! It launches so well and the lies you can hit off are endless practically.

This course was freaking intense to play in the wind!
Never in my life have I hit a super solid shot directly into the wind and watched it go up and then climb like the ride Superman only to drop back before the water.

Any suggestions on where to play the ball when on a slope going down? The hole was straight but I was hitting from an angle that where my body was facing the fairway but my club and shoulders where facing the hole.

played a few "holes" on the range today for some prep work and working on my alignment what i figured out with my swing yesterday carried over to another great range session with this hybrid. i hit prob 15 balls and only 3 weren't where i wanted them to be and i was looking at a pretty tight window on where i wanted them to land. i can't see me missing many fairways with this if i want it to go straight and long. again was landing right at the 240 marker for me today i dunno how much roll... i'm hoping i get out for at least 9 on my days off but the weather isn't looking very good thunder storms every day so hopefully i can get some solid distance numbers on the course very soon.

I like the sounds of that!Buck is playing some serious golf right now

played a few "holes" on the range today for some prep work and working on my alignment what i figured out with my swing yesterday carried over to another great range session with this hybrid. i hit prob 15 balls and only 3 weren't where i wanted them to be and i was looking at a pretty tight window on where i wanted them to land. i can't see me missing many fairways with this if i want it to go straight and long. again was landing right at the 240 marker for me today i dunno how much roll... i'm hoping i get out for at least 9 on my days off but the weather isn't looking very good thunder storms every day so hopefully i can get some solid distance numbers on the course very soon.

Which shaft did you go with?

Bye bye rocketballz 3h hello new Cally 3h x-hot pro!

Bye bye rocketballz 3h hello new Cally 3h x-hot pro!

Curious, what didn't you like about the RBZ that the XHot does better?

I only pulled it out once because I was so focused on using the clubs I needed. I should have tested it out more on that course but I will be back.

It was hole #2 a par 4 at 415 yds from the whites.
I pulled out driver to tee off and hit a terrible hook into the right side slope angling down & left. I am not very familiar with hitting off a slope and it was awkward to setup and prepare myself for this shot which was about 230 yards out from the green. So I took a few practice swings and then took the shot which came off nice and smooth with a draw, but unfortunately it came up short of the green about 10 yards. I finished with a chip and putt for par.
Overall I love my hybrid all too much! It launches so well and the lies you can hit off are endless practically.

This course was freaking intense to play in the wind!
Never in my life have I hit a super solid shot directly into the wind and watched it go up and then climb like the ride Superman only to drop back before the water.

Any suggestions on where to play the ball when on a slope going down? The hole was straight but I was hitting from an angle that where my body was facing the fairway but my club and shoulders where facing the hole.

You should have played a round where you used it from the tee as much as possible to get a better feel for it!

Back