GPS vs Range Finder

Ever thought about a GPS watch? Hawk jsut did a homepage review on the Bushnell GPS watch.

What brand is the best. I don't want to buy junk

Not a watch person my swing is to wristy. Wish I was because it is a great idea.

Bushnell Hybrid. Get both!

I wouldn't want to play without my rangefinder. I think it's much more useful than a GPS...but some people do swear by their GPS.

Z6 is a great laser.

Neo X is a great watch.

XGC+ is a great standalone GPS.

Brand? Bushnell. Both GPS units and lasers are top notch.

I like the GPS better, all the info on my screen. No need to lazer mutiple targets. Fast and easy. But to each their own.

Some points favoring the GPS:
- faster; you don't have to pull it out, aim it focus and read (and be confident that you are on target;
- more info; yardages to front, back middle, hazards;
- does not require line of sight .

I suspect the range finder is more accurate but most of us should be happy within 5 yards.

Im not the most accurate player and sometimes play with a hangover. So the lasers are tough to use when your in the trees and have the shakes. Thanks for the advice so GPS it is I guess

great reviews for bushnell lasers and gps watches all around the webs. You can't go wrong there. A few additional points: GPS is only as good as its inputs. If the mapping was originally poor or if the course has changed, the GPS is useless. Laser never has that problem if you have line of sight. However, bushnell has a good reputation and all the info I've seen are pretty accurate. Personally, I'm pretty lazy and forgetful on the course so lasers tend to go unused. I do like using it at the range though to dial in distances. GPS is glance and go, just my kind of thing.

I really like both the Leupold and Bushnell Lasers.

Golfshot... all day!!

I picked up a generic laser rangefinder off of ebay earlier this year and it's been working perfectly well for me. When I played in the NE Invitational, the yardages I was getting were +- a yard or so of what someone in my group was getting with his Bushnell. And I picked it up new for less than most used name-brand rangefinders, which was nice.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like the specific model/a link.

I do both.

I have GolfShot on my iPhone for scorekeeping, stats, and hole overviews with such things as doglegs, aerial views, and blind shots.

I recently got a Bushnell V2 about 7 months ago that I use within 200. Three surprising uses that I like: distance to the group ahead to see if we can tee off, range distances to flags, and shooting back to the tee for driving distance.

I really like my Leupold laser rangefinder. Find it very accurate and easy to use. The OLED models are the easiest to read but only the GX-3i model is USGA legal if you need that sort of thing. You can find good prices online if you look hard.

I also use Golfshot GPS on my iPhone because if you can't scope it you need another method. I find Golfshot GPS distances not as reliable as the laser.

I like my Bushnell V2

Im not the most accurate player and sometimes play with a hangover. So the lasers are tough to use when your in the trees and have the shakes. Thanks for the advice so GPS it is I guess

seriously?

If you're playing in those conditions and aren't very accurate to boot, just try to hit it straight and aim for the big spot of grass.

Not a judgement on your personal activities either, I drink like a fish but just not usually when it prior to golfing.

When I do though, I frankly don't care much about being that precise in my distance and just want to have fun so I don't even use a GPS or laser.

That being said, when I do play serious golf, I find my Bushnell Medalist to be accurate and easy to use, even with the shakes. And it's a relatively inexpensive one as far as lasers go at around $175 last I checked.

Best way to stop a hangover? Keep drinking.

I like both range finding technologies. I have both.

Garmin approach 6 is decent. Not annual fee. Think t they quit making the Bushnell XGC+.I like that better than the gamin

tapin from my big as note 2

seriously?

If you're playing in those conditions and aren't very accurate to boot, just try to hit it straight and aim for the big spot of grass.

Not a judgement on your personal activities either, I drink like a fish but just not usually when it prior to golfing.

When I do though, I frankly don't care much about being that precise in my distance and just want to have fun so I don't even use a GPS or laser.

That being said, when I do play serious golf, I find my Bushnell Medalist to be accurate and easy to use, even with the shakes. And it's a relatively inexpensive one as far as lasers go at around $175 last I checked.

Actually Im one of the best players at my club and won my club championship after a all nighter. Also I play for 100s of dollars every weekend so just because I drink alot and hit it in the trees doesn't mean I don't need to know the yardages. Do some research on Walter Hagen he was one of the best golfers of all-time and he won majors drunk as a skunk.

I hope this thread continues to happen.

Back