The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to add something to the whole clique thing. We have at our disposal a means to easily make newer members feel like a valued part of the site, and all it takes is one click. It may seem like a really small thing, but when someone gets a thanks from a more active member, it can give them a lift from knowing that their posts are being read and appreciated by the "cool kids".

The ridiculous thing is how embraced they'd be if they posted in the thread saying they were considering going.

It really doesn't matter who it is, everyone at every invitational I've been to or been in the thread of has been openly welcomed. Yes, more active posters are going to want to see their more active poster friends, but that's the way it goes. If you don't put yourself out there, how can people interact with you? .....and many of those friendships stem from introductions at previous events anyways.

People are welcome to their own opinions, but the only thing stopping them from being in the sitewide "click" is not being a part of any of these events or getting involved in the forum. Guaranteed they are welcomed with open arms.

Dan - There is a lot of Canadian wisdom in that post.

Playing devil's advocate here for a minute (and honestly something I had never thought through until I saw JB's original post) - I wonder if the competitive aspect of the Invitational is keeping some folks away that may not want to put their game up to competition, or even by guys who normally play loosely with the USGA rule book in order to enjoy the game more. I would be the first person to tell anyone that the skill level isn't important, but with there being a prize based on who scores the best, it could be harder to put yourself into the situation both as a newbie to THP events and also in a competition where you also have to "worry" about letting down a teammate.

Silliness. Of course there are cliques. They happen everywhere. When people interact more they tend to have inside jokes. They then tend to reply to each others posts. About the invitationals, I guess changing the name to Open would be more inviting. Heck I know I get nervous meeting anyone much less a lot of folks who seem to already be friends. I will be nervous as heck at the ATL. If I don't say hi to anyone, it is simply because I am very shy
I dont care what you want. I am going to give you a big bear hug.

Chunky group hug!!!

Dan - There is a lot of Canadian wisdom in that post.

Playing devil's advocate here for a minute (and honestly something I had never thought through until I saw JB's original post) - I wonder if the competitive aspect of the Invitational is keeping some folks away that may not want to put their game up to competition, or even by guys who normally play loosely with the USGA rule book in order to enjoy the game more. I would be the first person to tell anyone that the skill level isn't important, but with there being a prize based on who scores the best, it could be harder to put yourself into the situation both as a newbie to THP events and also in a competition where you also have to "worry" about letting down a teammate.

haha you might make my signature if you're not careful Donne!

I tend to agree, adding the competitive element can be troublesome, but it does serve a pretty fun purpose.

Plus, at the end of the day, while sweet new gear is fun to win, I have yet to run into anyone frothing at the mouth for victory or bust.

haha you might make my signature if you're not careful Donne!

I tend to agree, adding the competitive element can be troublesome, but it does serve a pretty fun purpose.

Plus, at the end of the day, while sweet new gear is fun to win, I have yet to run into anyone frothing at the mouth for victory or bust.

I will Nancy Kerrigan your knee cap at the Highlands of Elgin.

WHY? WHY? WHYYYYYYY?

I will admit that I was one of those people that was real hesitant to attend one of the invitationals despite the assurance that it was for all skills levels. Until you actually attend and play in one it seems that it has to be a hollow promise, but once you take the plunge and get involved you learn that the THP Invitational is truly for everyone. I was nervous as I have ever been when I got to the Atlanta event last November, but JB, Morgan, AtlGolfer, T0ad, Freddie, and everyone else put me right at ease. Even when I lived up to my forum name I never felt pressure to perform or worry about our score. Sometimes I still feel like I am a little bit on the outside looking in, but I know that is actually my own insecurities with my game as well as being afraid I am going to come across as uninformed or clueless. I don't know a lot about shafts, spin rates, or about much of the technical aspect of the game, but I do know one thing for sure: The Hacker's Paradise has enhanced my enjoyment of the game and I feel welcomed here. I hope and that I can continue to meet more of the great people of the forum and build some lasting friendships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Real rant:

My wife: "what do you want for dinner?"
Blu: "You decide."
My wife: "you never decide. You choose because I don't care."
Blu: "I will grill some chicken breasts."
My wife: "No, I don't want those."

Arghrhrjrgahrhjagh!

I don't understand Tim Horton's. They are EVERYWHERE. The lines are way too long. The Coffee is ehhh. Maybe I didn't get enough Sugar in it.

I will Nancy Kerrigan your knee cap at the Highlands of Elgin.

WHY? WHY? WHYYYYYYY?
I think you mean you will Tonya Harding his kneecap!

I think you mean you will Tonya Harding his kneecap!

Tonya Harding orchestrated the kneecapping.

But Nancy took the beating.

I want Dan to know that I am so serious about golf, I will assault him to have a better chance if winning.

Tonya Harding orchestrated the kneecapping.

But Nancy took the beating.

I want Dan to know that I am so serious about golf, I will assault him to have a better chance if winning.
Exactly!

If someone bites someone's ear off, do you say that the person doing the ear biting pulled a Mike Tyson or an Evander Holyfield?

I don't understand Tim Horton's. They are EVERYWHERE. The lines are way too long. The Coffee is ehhh. Maybe I didn't get enough Sugar in it.

I assume you're in Canada. Tim Hortons is AMAZING!!!!

Real rant:

Arghrhrjrgahrhjagh!

Epic...

I assume you're in Canada. Tim Hortons is AMAZING!!!!

I am in London. I still don't get it. It's alright. Just normal coffee really.

Exactly!

If someone bites someone's ear off, do you say that the person doing the ear biting pulled a Mike Tyson or an Evander Holyfield?

Totally different. Manly because I have no other defense.

Nobody remembers Tonya Harding. The only remember Nancy crying.

Tim Hortons used to be amazing before they sold their coffee to McDonalds, stopped making their donuts/muffins fresh and all in all just went to crap. If it wasn't for Roll Up the Rim I'd never go there.

Real rant:

Arghrhrjrgahrhjagh!
Oh man I hate that! My wife does that to me all the time!

Real rant:

Arghrhrjrgahrhjagh!

LMFAO! It's as if you are in my house hahaha.

Totally different. Manly because I have no other defense.

Nobody remembers Tonya Harding. The only remember Nancy crying.
Good enough for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back