The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the chip-in Rainman Duey. I predict you'll get it back in no time.

You are the chip-in Rainman Duey. I predict you'll get it back in no time.

Lol. The last few years were nice, but I'm all washed up this year. At least 30 minutes every day until it becomes automatic, or I get another job, which ever comes first. haha

That's the spirit!

I have been working really hard on making solid contact with the ball and then ground at the range. It has been going really well and I am getting added distant and much more consistent shots.

However, when I get out on course it just doesn't seem to be the same. Hitting shots fat and thin far too often. Anyone have any tips for taking the swing you have on the range out to the course?

Sidenote: all of the ranges up here use mats (it rains too much for grass ranges) and that might be hiding any slightly fat shots I am hitting on the range

Just got back from the lesson. I need to eat but I will just start by saying I was nuking the dang ball after 15 minutes with the instructor. It ended up being my alignment and the compensations I needed to make in order to get the ball to go where I wanted it to go. After that was straightened out, he then made a pretty major change to my hand position during the backswing. I'm a little nervous that I am doing this close to the MC but man was I flushing the ball tonight. He thinks it will take quite a few balls for me to get the move, but that my scores should not be all that effected by making this change. It felt pretty weird but it was allowing me to really be aggressive through the ball. I hit a 7I to a flag that was 165 away. That is a pretty good 7I for me

Worked hard at a lesson today after a couple days of really poor ball striking. We are working on my plane (I get too steep) and making sure I load through my right glute. Also, I have a tendency to "lunge" with the right shoulder. After a while working I was striping my mid and short irons. Still some inconsistency with the long irons and woods, but I was bombing the ones I got right. Needed the fix so I can go work on the range and actually work on something.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

short game practice tonight at my lesson. I love spending time on the short game. With all the rain we've been getting I couldn't use the bunker, but oh well. My course range re-opens tomorrow so I plan on spending some serious time on it.

Nice work at the lesson Chunky.
Any big improvements with the short game lesson dean?

Me thinks I need to try some of these outdoor lessons since I know im awesome off mats

Nice work at the lesson Chunky.
Any big improvements with the short game lesson dean?

not really. Just a few tweaks. Same faults that are in my full swing.

Me thinks I need to try some of these outdoor lessons since I know im awesome off mats

or just invest in this
images

not really. Just a few tweaks. Same faults that are in my full swing.

or just invest in this
images

Lol I need to find a spot to take lessons at seriously...golf galaxy was great in the winter but I need outdoors and on course options too. Same miss I had months ago is still there.

Lol I need to find a spot to take lessons at seriously...golf galaxy was great in the winter but I need outdoors and on course options too. Same miss I had months ago is still there.

I always thought it was tough when you can't see the actual ball flight.

I always thought it was tough when you can't see the actual ball flight.

Agreed I had a guy who owned a range I went to for years but game never progressed and no short game area to work on

Agreed I had a guy who owned a range I went to for years but game never progressed and no short game area to work on

the no short game area kills my practice at my home course. What little putting green they have is horrible for practice.

I had a VERY productive range session today. It was the first time I was able to get to the range in 3 weeks. I started at the short game area, spent over an hour chipping and putting, but I started to get bored with that because I knew that I wanted to work on my full swing, specifically my driver swing. First bucket was wedges and 8 irons, but then I moved along to the driver. It went horribly at the start, nothing felt right and the ball was going nowhere. I finally figured out that I was taking the club back too far to the inside, which is always my big fault. Usually I can work around it, but it was making me so flat in my backswing that I had no chance of getting on plane for the downswing. So I started to rehearse taking it back very upright, almost lifting the club straight up. Focusing on that sensation as well as making a smooth takeaway and transition put me into a much better position at the top, then I could just fire away in the downswing. My ballflight was instantly straighter and stronger, I was very pleased. I can't wait to take this to the course because my irons have been pretty good, but I've been struggling off the tee for the past few weeks.

the no short game area kills my practice at my home course. What little putting green they have is horrible for practice.

Yeah I got places around to putt and chipp just no sand...guess I could try there for lessons too

My swing is just absolutely awful right now. I need a lesson bad.

I think you and I have different definitions of awful.

I think you and I have different definitions of awful.

2 handicap, 15 handicap, or 30 handicap... No one is talented enough to make a ball hitting the inside of the face/hosel go straight.

Find us a 2 for 1 deal

I'm tracking down my former swing coach.. I'm not messing around with this #$%^& any longer. I'll be solved within days.

2 handicap, 15 handicap, or 30 handicap... No one is talented enough to make a ball hitting the inside of the face/hosel go straight.

Not true. I hit a 85 yard 4i from there dead straight today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back