Which grips to reduce blisters and calluses?

ImaBeRealReal

Reaction score
Handicap
Above Par
Getting ready to regrip through the entire bag and would like to keep it uniform throughout. Some of the calluses and blisters I've developed from extensive range time have made it painful for me to drum as well. I've been using the golfpride tour velvets on most clubs with some vdr's on other clubs. I was thinking about the Lamkin fake leather wrap I was holding one in my hand at the local range and they seemed to feel a lot softer than the other style of grips.

Golf pride tour wrap

Try the Lamkin R.E.L. 3GEN
Excellent grips!
Or you can try getting chosen to test the New Golf Pride Niion grips. I hear they rock!

I would think any wrap style grip the drytac is also pretty soft. I personally love the feel of of the tour velvets but they do rip up some fingers.

Getting ready to regrip through the entire bag and would like to keep it uniform throughout. Some of the calluses and blisters I've developed from extensive range time have made it painful for me to drum as well. I've been using the golfpride tour velvets on most clubs with some vdr's on other clubs. I was thinking about the Lamkin fake leather wrap I was holding one in my hand at the local range and they seemed to feel a lot softer than the other style of grips.

I haven't had any trouble with Pure grips or New Decade Multi Compounds. What type of weather conditions do you normally have? It's pretty important to know for hot and humid vs just hot, etc

I use the Golf Pride G2 Tour Wraps and they are really soft, you may wish to give them a try.

I use the Golf Pride G2 Tour Wraps and they are really soft, you may wish to give them a try.

Second this, don't use a glove and the feel is great for me.

LtEvOtApPeD B4

First thing you have to do is figure out what is causing them. If its a grip thing, a glove thing or an improper "grip" thing. Once that is the case, you can eliminate it pretty quickly by choosing something that corresponds.

Outside of that you are just going to get a bunch of responses with one's favorite grips and climate and personal touch play a large roll in that.

I have been using Winn Dri-Tac for some time. Very soft two layer construction. Very tacky. Wipe them frequently with a wet rag to take off the dirt and they keep the tackiness better. However, you can expect to replace these frequently. I suppose they are just more delicate and wear out quick.

Anything without cords should really help. Winn makes several very soft grips.

THPing on Tapatalk

First thing you have to do is figure out what is causing them. If its a grip thing, a glove thing or an improper "grip" thing. Once that is the case, you can eliminate it pretty quickly by choosing something that corresponds.

Outside of that you are just going to get a bunch of responses with one's favorite grips and climate and personal touch play a large roll in that.

This plus make sure you have the correct grip size (standard, +1, +2...)

Anything without cords should really help. Winn makes several very soft grips.

THPing on Tapatalk

I've used the DriTac for a while, started with oversized but just went back to standard size. I like how soft they feel. I play a ton so I have pretty good resistance to blisters but I would think these may be a good one to try.

I've used the DriTac for a while, started with oversized but just went back to standard size. I like how soft they feel. I play a ton so I have pretty good resistance to blisters but I would think these may be a good one to try.

I agree with this. Dri tac has been the best so far on my hands

I'm on a mission to reduce blisters and help with some early arthritis. Been using my old T-zoids as the guinea pigs until I find the ones i like to replace on my G25's (right now using stock grip). So far have tried Lamkin REL 3 (built up to midsize) and Golf Pride VDR midsize, and the VDR is the easy winner of the two. Going to try Dri Tac next and tried to make an informed decision.

I changed mine last year to midsize Golf Pride Tour Wraps and Winn Dri-Tac wraps. They felt great, very soft and if you don't want a lot of harsh feedback on mishits they are both great. A couple of weeks ago I was experimenting and changed back to a standard size with Lamkin REL 3GEN grips. They are really nice but I think they are more for a younger, better golfer than me. After one round I could feel some soreness in places I never felt any with the wraps. With tour wraps I could play 36 holes and my hands felt like I hadn't even swung a club afterwards.

The 3GENs also had a very noticeable feel on mishits that was uncomfortable for me, especially since I mishit a lot. They felt great just holding the club but not so good when swinging for me. I never realized before how important having the right grips can be.

It never hurts to experiment. You can always get a couple of different grips put on a couple of clubs you use a lot to try out. That way you won't be shelling out the money for a full set until you find what works for you. What feels good in the store doesn't always feel good after a lot of swinging.

Second this, don't use a glove and the feel is great for me.

LtEvOtApPeD B4

I change my grips 2-3 times a season and have tried about 25 different grips. I guess you could call be a grip snob. Golf Pride Tour Wraps are the best. If you have sore hands with these, buy the book, Ben Hogan's 5 Lessons - it is the gold standard on the proper golf grip!

Tour Wrap, most Winns, probably the I-Line.

Having swung my clubs recently in very hot and humid weather, the Z Chords are great for moisture, maybe not the best option for somebody who wants comfort, but there is absolutely no slipping with those grips.

I think the Winn wrap is very comfortable. Current favorite though is the Black Widow Widow Maker grip. It's a hybrid grip with cord at the top where your glove hand gets a secure grasp and soft on the bottom for comfort and feel with your un-gloved hand.

http://www.bwgrips.com/cms/widowmaker

For pure, cushy, comfort the Winn wrap is velvety soft and the contours of a wrap still give you something positive to hold on to.

Winn Dri Tac.

That is as close to heaven in your hands as you will get. Soft, tacki and just flat out comfy.

Look at a wrap grip - Golfpride, Winn or even Gripmaster (these are pricey though). I think you will be very happy - like the Golfpride one's the best but the Winn's are the softest in my opinion.

Back