Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

CA_07121317012435-M.jpg

CA_07121317015892-M.jpg

CA_07121317023152-M.jpg

Looking good, Wade.

well one of the most anticipated clubs for me for the MC arrived today, i got a 3 wood xhot pro with a diamanna stiff flex shaft, with the way i hit my hybo today i cannot wait to hit this out on the course. it looks amazing and the shaft looks so freaking good.

DSC01011_zps2c40137f.jpg
DSC01014_zps935742db.jpg
DSC01015_zps6aab7e0e.jpg

Oh man I can't wait to hear your feedback on that combo. I bet it's a monster off the tee

Looking good fellas, it's gonna be fun
Hitting everyone's clubs

Got some range time in with the 5W with the Black Tie shaft in it. Unfortunately all of the rain we have gotten made it like hitting out of a marsh. Any solid contact brought a splash of water, mud and grass. I have a long standing relationship with 5 woods, and they have always been good to me. This was no different. Long, mid-high shots that will land soft. Hoping to get some more range time if the range ever dries up to really get after this and see what it can do, but my initial response is yes, more please!

That set up is $$ I bet bro. Looks killer too!

Man I love all the love in here. I am loving my Xhot pro 3w. It is a beast off the tee and so easy to hit off the deck as well.

I hit this so well in IL this past weekend as well. Found so many fairways and put myself in really good positions. It was so fun and I don't think this club will be leaving the bag anytime soon.

well one of the most anticipated clubs for me for the MC arrived today, i got a 3 wood xhot pro with a diamanna stiff flex shaft, with the way i hit my hybo today i cannot wait to hit this out on the course. it looks amazing and the shaft looks so freaking good.

DSC01011_zps2c40137f.jpg
DSC01014_zps935742db.jpg
DSC01015_zps6aab7e0e.jpg

Envious... Gorgeous stick right there!!!

2 rounds under my belt with the 17 degree and it is everything I wanted in a FW and more. Very confident with this club in my bag. I can work the ball around the tee if I want and can play both shots if needed (not always on command though!) This is my fairway finder off the tee and is even better off the ground. I'm hitting it as far as my old TM 2.0 15 degree and that is exciting. Better control but the same distance is a great bonus. I need about 20 minutes with it on the range, to do a few things but all and all from 2 rounds, very happy with this set up! It was really important to get a FW that was both good from the tee and the fairway and was as long as my old 3W. I got it here.

2 rounds under my belt with the 17 degree and it is everything I wanted in a FW and more. Very confident with this club in my bag. I can work the ball around the tee if I want and can play both shots if needed (not always on command though!) This is my fairway finder off the tee and is even better off the ground. I'm hitting it as far as my old TM 2.0 15 degree and that is exciting. Better control but the same distance is a great bonus. I need about 20 minutes with it on the range, to do a few things but all and all from 2 rounds, very happy with this set up! It was really important to get a FW that was both good from the tee and the fairway and was as long as my old 3W. I got it here.

It's very solid off the ground, especially when you don't try and force the distance. Just swing it and let it do all the hard stuff for you.

I'm going to have to hit that club a little bit on Media Day, I'm a sucker for a good 17 degree fairway wood.

It's very solid off the ground, especially when you don't try and force the distance. Just swing it and let it do all the hard stuff for you.

I'm going to have to hit that club a little bit on Media Day, I'm a sucker for a good 17 degree fairway wood.

I hit the 15 degree and it was lower for me but went a mile! Still remember the Callaway rep handing me the 17 degree and saying, "Hit this, I think you will like".

This beast of a tree wood saw my driver being pushed aside today. Holy crap this thing is long. I used it all day off the tee and it really helped keep me in play. On the 11th hole a long par 4 i was 30 yards past where i normally hit my driver and one of the lads in my group couldn't believe how far up the fairway i was.

The only thing i need to figure out with this is my tee high. a few times today i was either to high or to low but if that's my only worry then i'm golden

Was killing the 4W again on the range today. Love Love Love this FW. Thank you Callaway Golf!

I played my first round with mt XHP 15* w/Diamana S+ 72X. I was really hoping to find a fairway finder, and that is what I got. It produces a low-mid piercing ball flight. It seemed to be between 250-265 depending on if I set it up to hit it high or not. The stock shot I was hitting was a baby draw, but I was able to hit a fade with minimal problems. It was only one round, but I hit it 9 times and most of them were quality shots.

This club (4w) is becoming one of the best clubs in my bag. Hit it today off the tee, fairway and rough and it performed every time.

Can not get over how far this 17 degree wood goes........I think Callaway golf sprinkled pixie dust on the face cause the ball just never comes down. Love hitting this wood!

Got an Axivcore Black put into my 15* xhot pro, hit some high bombs during mens league last night.

This club (4w) is becoming one of the best clubs in my bag. Hit it today off the tee, fairway and rough and it performed every time.

Can not get over how far this 17 degree wood goes........I think Callaway golf sprinkled pixie dust on the face cause the ball just never comes down. Love hitting this wood!

I agree, it's pretty amazing

I finally got my X Hot Pro 4-wood on the range and on some monitors today after the reshaft with a Graphite Design YS-7.

OMG, I just thought this was long. Now instead of the faithful 245-250 range with the PXv 6.5 shaft, I'm now in the 260-265 range with the YS-7. I did hit one 276 today off the deck with it which is just criminal for me in all respects. Honestly, I liked the PXv shaft and it's a great shaft BUT the YS-7 just flat-out performs. So for $30 from GolfSmith I just added a supercharger to my existing fairway and I honestly couldn't be happier!!

Love the X Hot fairways. The face is incredibly, well... HOT!!

Well, the Morgan Cup has wrapped up and I have just one thing to say about this 17* XHot Pro FW............it is staying in the bag for a very long, long, long, long, long, long, long TIME!!

This was my weapon of choice most times than not off the tee this weekend. There was a reason for that. Confidence - check, Long - check, Workability - check, Penetrating ball flight - check.

After my round on Sunday mward came up to me and told me how great it was to see me hitting my 3Deep so great and commented how long it was for me. You should have seen his face when I told him it wasn't a 3Deep but the 4 wood. Enough said. These fairway woods are winners!

Nate crushes this club. He has no real need for a driver because of it. Unless Buck is around, then he must hit driver to avoid arguments.

Nate crushes this club. He has no real need for a driver because of it. Unless Buck is around, then he must hit driver to avoid arguments.
I'm still so stressed about those debates. LOL.

Same thing with Freddie. They're like the Xhot bash brothers

...Honestly, I liked the PXv shaft and it's a great shaft BUT the YS-7 just flat-out performs. So for $30 from GolfSmith I just added a supercharger to my existing fairway and I honestly couldn't be happier...

I had intentions of re-shafting my XHP 3 wood with an Ozik Code 8, but the PXv 6.5 has been great so far. I'm a little hesitant to mess with it, even if the Code 8 is my go-to fairway wood shaft. :confused2:

Back