The Rickie Fowler Thread

I think Rickie is an easy one to pull for, I just wish he'd have more success.

Minor FIFY Mikey.

Haha good FIFY. I won't say ever only cause the pub links is done before the am. There might not be an amateur to ever win both and then attempt to defend though.

Was Ricky ever that good early in his pro days? He is young. Really young. Look at how long it took a guy like Justin Rose to blossom.

It's never just one bad week. It seems to be a trend.

This made me laugh

Yeah. Forgot he did that. That's awesome.

He's on pace for a better year than last year minus the win and has 2 top 10's in his last five starts.

Nothing has gone wrong with Rickie. He's a slightly above average tour player who is making a good living playing golf. People expect him to win more because he wears orange pants or something.

I hate Rickie for one big reason. I can no longer wear my Bears orange on the course without some stranger making a stupid Fowler comment to me.

I feel like Michael Bolton on Office Space. I was wearing orange and supporting my Bears since high school Fowler!!

I hate Rickie for one big reason. I can no longer wear my Bears orange on the course without some stranger making a stupid Fowler comment to me.

I feel like Michael Bolton on Office Space. I was wearing orange and supporting my Bears since high school Fowler!!

Why would you want to wear Bears colors anyway? Sounds like a good way to signal mediocrity... hehe

My .02 on Rickie is this; People think he is better than he is, due to the marketing hype that he has.

Take away the Orange and the Puma flash, and you are left with a mediocre golfer. Rickie's fans didnt become fans of his because he is a great golfer, they became fans because of the hype and marketing that he is wrapped up in. He is flashy, and in the spotlight...off the course.

My .02 on Rickie is this; People think he is better than he is, due to the marketing hype that he has.

Take away the Orange and the Puma flash, and you are left with a mediocre golfer. Rickie's fans didnt become fans of his because he is a great golfer, they became fans because of the hype and marketing that he is wrapped up in. He is flashy, and in the spotlight...off the course.

+ Flat bills with ears tucked in
+ Whatever hairdo that is

He's the young, dirt bike riding, orange wearing, red bull drinking 'phenom'

Maybe later in his career he'll finally figure something out and run off some wins. Maybe even a major. That would be cool.

+ Flat bills with ears tucked in
+ Whatever hairdo that is

He's the young, dirt bike riding, orange wearing, red bull drinking 'phenom'
He's the Bieber of the PGA. Tons of fans, not really talented.

Could be a perfect example of what I've been saying. Everyone talks about how this era is better because so many can win at any given week, but I think the money is so good that they make such a good living getting some top 10's a few top 5's and eeking out a win every couple of years, that they don't care like the other eras. When they had to win (or at least contend regularly) to make a good living. When 100th on the money list is a millionaire that year, and the top 125 keep their card (instead of 60), motivation to be the best is just not there, in my opinion.

There is always going to be some who strive to be the best, but I think the vast majority are out collecting a paycheck and happy to keep their who wants to be a millionaire card for another year.

To me, I am surprised we haven't seen Fowler hit the weights and bulk up a bit. For a short guy, he looks like he could stand to put some muscle on that frame.

The Rickie Fowler Thread

While I do agree with some of this, anyone who has won a tournament on the PGA tour is not a mediocre golfer. He might be a "ok, but not the most successful professional golfer", but not just a mediocre golfer :)

While I do agree with some of this, anyone who has won a tournament on the PGA tour is not a mediocre golfer. He might be a "ok, but the most successful professional golfer", but not just a mediocre golfer :)

Todd Hamilton
Michael Campbell

Why would you want to wear Bears colors anyway? Sounds like a good way to signal mediocrity... hehe
As long as we beat the Packers twice a year, mediocre is good by me!

Hamilton did have a pretty good career, though it was on the Japan Tour. 2 PGA wins.

Forgot about the Honda the same year. Japan tour is such an odd tour because of the qualifications you have to have to play in it. Not a fan.

Forgot about the Honda the same year. Japan tour is such an odd tour because of the qualifications you have to have to play in it. Not a fan.

yeah 04 was good year for him. Then he dropped off the face of the earth. Only reason it came to mind was because I heard an interview with him not too long ago talking about it. I had no clue he had double digit wins on that other tour.

While I do agree with some of this, anyone who has won a tournament on the PGA tour is not a mediocre golfer. He might be a "ok, but not the most successful professional golfer", but not just a mediocre golfer :)
I dont mean that his game is mediocre, I mean that in the field of the PGA Tour, he is mediocre compared to the top players.

He is a mediocre golfer on tour. Plays well at times, craps the bed a good bit, but isnt a contender week in and week out.

Rickie is young and has a lot of time to get some wins. He's better than most of the PGA Tour, but still not one I would consider a "top" player. I think he's a great kid with a great attitude (at least what he shows during interviews), but I think he has a lot of golf maturity to learn/grow into.

I dont mean that his game is mediocre, I mean that in the field of the PGA Tour, he is mediocre compared to the top players.

He is a mediocre golfer on tour. Plays well at times, craps the bed a good bit, but isnt a contender week in and week out.
I'll absolutely agree with this. But I always remind myself that he has a lot of years ahead of him and his game is getting better year after year.

I would challenge you to look up his amateur record. He was pretty freaking good. He was better then Rory for a bit.

Completely disagree with this.

I was just playing. I really like rickie. He is a really good player and a good kid. He will come around. He will become a great player when his mental game catches up to the physical one

I figured that was what you meant, just had to make sure :)

Back