2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so pumped for you guys this week. It's amazing how much the MC is growing

12 bottles (case) of champagne for the final celebration on Sunday.

e9a6erym.jpg

Safe travels to all and have a phenomenal week. Looking forward to reading the updates and recap and yes- jealous of every golfer there.

Enjoy!!

Its Here!
The journey has been long. The journey has been tiresome. The journey has finally arrived.
This week 32 participants, a handful of volunteers, friends and family and representatives from each of the 4 companies involved will come to Myrtle Beach in search of greatness. Greatness on the golf course leading to victory and greatness with those around them leading to fun.

There will be cheering, laughter and even some cries of both joy and pain over the course of the event that has been come to be known as the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event. Each person there will take away something different when the sun sets on the final chapter of this event. It has been one heck of a ride and it will all pay off this week when one lucky captain and their seven teammates hoist this beautiful trophy in the air triumphant in victory.

You can taste it. The hard work that many of you put in will all culminate in making you champion. Win, lose or draw, you can hold your head up high as you join the ranks of a small fraternity of golfers that have been able to compete in such an event. For some its the end of a chapter in their life. For others its the beginning of a new chapter. A chapter of greatness on THP and one that you look forward to. There is one thing you can count on, the game of golf will be changed for you after the 2013 Morgan Cup.

First off I want to thank the 4 companies (and co-companies) that have been a part of this in 2013. Next I want to thank my partner (and namesake of this event) for being the best damn tour rep on the planet. I want to give a special thanks to the 4 captains that have driven this event to new heights this year. I want to thank each participant that followed the instructions, gave it their all and embraced the journey for what it is. Lastly I want to thank the THP community for embracing the Morgan Cup over the last 3 years. It has been one heck of a ride.

Sunday, there will be a champagne celebration and 8 men will be crowned champions and earn a spot in the THP Hall of Fame. 24 others will feel as though they lost, but truthfully each of the above mentioned can hold their head up high and know they were part of a special event that just a few short years ago everybody said was not possible. You are all champions and we look forward to seeing it all unfold.

Its MORGAN CUP WEEK!

I feel like I just watched "Rudy." No, wait. I feel like I am Rudy. Daaaaaaaaannnnngggggg!

Put me in coach!

So, I am absolutely worthless at work today

It's Morgan Cup week. Feels good to say that...

I think you should take the day off and come do inventory control with us. HAHA
I'm good at that.

Good luck guys. I'll be pulling for team Albatross but I look forward to following along with all the action this week.

I'm good at that.

I feel so bad for GG on her bday, but the list of what we have to pack up and do seems endless. Then add that we have to go get the tour van, bring it back, then do that again to drop it off, etc. Its awful. I bet we have 40 things to put on that van. All the while knowing we will forget something.

I feel so bad for GG on her bday, but the list of what we have to pack up and do seems endless. Then add that we have to go get the tour van, bring it back, then do that again to drop it off, etc. Its awful. I bet we have 40 things to put on that van. All the while knowing we will forget something.

Should have done a better job of convincing me to come down
#nothingbutfreetime

Should have done a better job of convincing me to come down
#nothingbutfreetime

Fly down right now then. Pick you up tonight and we can drive up together. :D

It has been an absolute blast getting to follow the journey to the Morgan Cup. From the selections, to the equipment arriving, to the reviews, it has all been awesome. The excitement from these guys has been palpable for a while now and it is finally coming to a head. I think this year (no disrespect to previous years) all of the participants as well as THP as a whole, have done a tremendous job of getting the entire forum involved and feeling as if they are a part of it. The participants this year have not only been terrific on the forum but they have been great ambassadors of THP in social media as well as in every day life. The Morgan Cup, whether it continues next year, or evolves into something else, has taken THP to a whole new level over the years and I am very thankful that I have been here to witness it grow in leaps and bounds. I am really excited for all of you and I wanted to wish everyone safe travels in getting down there and good luck to every one of the participants. I am sure you will all put on a great show. I know it's a competition but most importantly soak it all in and enjoy it. I will be following along and cheering you all on.

Fly down right now then. Pick you up tonight and we can drive up together. :D

Lol same day flight prices doubled and tripled

ANNOUNCEMENT

Thursday night (like last year) we are organizing a dinner/get together at a local sports bar for those that would like to come. Myself, GG and some of the company reps will be there as well. Its open to everybody, but we do ask that if you are thinking about coming, please send GG a PM so that we can get a head count to let the restaurant know and they can organize tables accordingly.

Its a place fairly close by, and worked well last year. It will be at 7pm EST for those that would like to come. As soon as we get confirmations and speak to the restaurant, we will put it out there (name and address) this way if we have to move it to a different spot there will not be confusion. Again, this is for Thursday night at 7pm EST and

PLEASE PM GolferGal and let her know if you would like to come.

So cool to hang out with everyone and get the inside scoop from the company reps.

Save it for this afternoon, I can help.

Save it for this afternoon, I can help.

It will be an all day thing dude. We are burried here. Going to get the van early afternoon and starting.

Can't believe Morgan Cup week is here. What a journey it has been this second time around. Looking forward to meeting some new faces this week and catching up with the old ones! Safe travels everyone!

ANNOUNCEMENT

Thursday night (like last year) we are organizing a dinner/get together at a local sports bar for those that would like to come. Myself, GG and some of the company reps will be there as well. Its open to everybody, but we do ask that if you are thinking about coming, please send GG a PM so that we can get a head count to let the restaurant know and they can organize tables accordingly.

Its a place fairly close by, and worked well last year. It will be at 7pm EST for those that would like to come. As soon as we get confirmations and speak to the restaurant, we will put it out there (name and address) this way if we have to move it to a different spot there will not be confusion. Again, this is for Thursday night at 7pm EST and

PLEASE PM GolferGal and let her know if you would like to come.

I am bumping this one again to keep it at the forefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back