Hawk, if you like Stouts and haven't had the Left Handed Milk Stout Nitro, I highly recommend it.

#FeelPlayer

Dead Guy Ale or Good Old Potosi or Potosi Pilsner are my Fay-a-vo-rights. Yummy.

Dead Guy is good stuff. Good middleground beer that was quite drinkable for the slightly higher ABV.

Here's a stupid article about stupid people that are going to pay a premium for "Craft" Lite Beer. I am a fan of Miller Lite-ish beer for what it is, but the idea of paying extra for a micro Miller Lite makes me shake my head.

http://business.time.com/2013/07/23/craft-beer-wants-to-be-less-filling-taste-great/?hpt=hp_bn18

Interesting article. My favorite part is now I have a new word - "sessionable" - to describe beer. According to the article a "sessionable" beer is one that you can drink in mass quantities and not feel bloated or full. That is something I take to heart when getting beer at the course before a long day of golfing. You want as close to water and low b.a.c. so you can just keep drinking. Not necessarily the flavored water they sell as Ultra, Bud Select 55, or Miller 64, but certainly nothing with high alcohol by volume.

In my mind they are two different things.

Something like a Big Sky Moose Drool is a good session beer. Plenty of flavor as a Brown Ale, but not something that will knock your socks off. You could even lump Shiner Bock in there really.

Then you have what I basically see as the craft beers for people that don't like craft beers (which is what the article is really talking about imo). So many breweries already have one and half of them have the word "blonde" in them it seems. I get the need, but in reality I'd rather pay a couple bucks less for Miller Lite if I'm going that route rather than pay a premium.

I agree Hawk. Different things.

Founder's All Day IPA is marketed as a "session" ale. But that's just because it's like 4.5% vs the 6+ that their other IPAs are. It's still an IPA and if you don't like the stronger ones, you aren't going to like that either.

The idea of craft miller lite, etc. clones is dumb to me.

I agree Hawk. Different things.

Founder's All Day IPA is marketed as a "session" ale. But that's just because it's like 4.5% vs the 6+ that their other IPAs are. It's still an IPA and if you don't like the stronger ones, you aren't going to like that either.

The idea of craft miller lite, etc. clones is dumb to me.

I call them girlfriend beers. They are what you order for your girlfriend when you go to a brewpup.

This thread makes me thirsty!

I call them girlfriend beers. They are what you order for your girlfriend when you go to a brewpup.

You can have two or three at one time without feeling guilty? :beat-up:

I can honestly say I've never just poured one out, but I've made some ugly faces choking a few down. Tried Flat Tire a while back and suffered through the entire six like a trooper.

I would have bought your fat tires in a heartbeat. I love me some FT

Biscuity!

When I was a stinky hippy that was the apex of beer drinking. Back then you had to buy it out west, so we didn't get to have it very often.

Had some Spotted Cow this past week out in Milwaukee and came away pretty impressed.

I just had the one six and never again, major aftertaste city, I remember thinking "How can I take another swig", haha

Spotted Cow ain't a bad beer, I kinda wish I could get them here.

They told me its only available in Wisconsin (not sure if that's true, but that's what the bartender told me)

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Biscuity!

When I was a stinky hippy that was the apex of beer drinking. Back then you had to buy it out west, so we didn't get to have it very often.

Hawk the stinky hippie, my mind is blown.

I'm doing chores and drinking Yuengling. I love it. Mainly because I can't get it here.

That's a good one. I've only had it in PA.

TUT - ATL and you are now best friends by the way. He loves Spotted Cow.

"Biscuity" like liquid bread,,,mmmm
Have had a FLAT Tire once in a bar, straight out of the tap -was flat and returned, but usually FT is a good one.
Beer club arrived today never heard of any of them, but these 4 selections await me tonight.
null_zps1afd9522.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tonight's selection.
ydeqe5u2.jpg

Hawk the stinky hippie, my mind is blown.

I'm doing chores and drinking Yuengling. I love it. Mainly because I can't get it here.

Yuengling! And you don't call me?

Shandy at the moment.

I enjoyed the Spotted Cow in IL, despite the whiny girl voice in my right ear while I was drinking it.

They told me its only available in Wisconsin (not sure if that's true, but that's what the bartender told me)

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

It is true. New Glarus only sells to distributors in Wisconsin.

Shandy at the moment.

I enjoyed the Spotted Cow in IL, despite the whiny girl voice in my right ear while I was drinking it.

Vanilla Stout.

Yuengling! And you don't call me?

Johnny Mojo brought me three cases in exchange for the cash in Branson since he's in TN and can get it. Love me some Yuengling, I know its just a lager, but I love it.

Back