Johnny Mojo brought me three cases in exchange for the cash in Branson since he's in TN and can get it. Love me some Yuengling, I know its just a lager, but I love it.

Not bad at all.
Nookie, we can make a trade!

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, it's OK.

Baraboo Red granite Lager. Yummy. And now I'm intorquesicated.

My voice sounds nothing like a girl's for the record.

+1 on this!

Yeah, I drank it, but it isn't my favorite beer. It was what was in the fridge at my parent's house. So I made due last week.

I get the Shiner Family Reunion 12 pack every so often and the Shiner-Bocks sit in my fridge until I throw a party. Only beer I don't like out of that set.

This guy is staring at me every time I open my fridge. Saving it for the weekend.
http://www.stonebrewing.com/irs/

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Shiner bock is one of my favorites.

Interesting article. My favorite part is now I have a new word - "sessionable" - to describe beer. According to the article a "sessionable" beer is one that you can drink in mass quantities and not feel bloated or full. That is something I take to heart when getting beer at the course before a long day of golfing. You want as close to water and low b.a.c. so you can just keep drinking. Not necessarily the flavored water they sell as Ultra, Bud Select 55, or Miller 64, but certainly nothing with high alcohol by volume.

I thought the original word was "frat-partyable"

Through extensive laboratory testing in a controlled environment I've found that most beers are "sessionable".

Through extensive laboratory testing in a controlled environment I've found that most beers are "sessionable".

For the most part I agree, but there are some exceptions, especially in the higher ABV's.

Dead Guy Ale - Yes
Alesmth Speedway - Hell no

I'm not sure I could drink the vanilla stout for an entire evening. Beers of that genre get a little heavy after two or three.

Agreed. Some beers are approaching liqueur status with their abv, which is why they have to flavor them up and sweeten them of they'd be undrinkable.

I'm not sure I could drink the vanilla stout for an entire evening. Beers of that genre get a little heavy after two or three.

My litmus test is if it builds a nasty aftertaste or if it makes me too drunk.

I like that you can buy so many beers in 22oz bottles here. It's the perfect amount for some of the stronger flavors.

For the most part I agree, but there are some exceptions, especially in the higher ABV's.

Dead Guy Ale - Yes
Alesmth Speedway - Hell no

I don't think Dead Guy is that "sessionable." I can only do about 3 or 4.

Another big no is Abita's Purple Haze. A huge yes (for me) is Raging b*tch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Agree, Hawk. A 22 is much easier to negotiate than a sixer (or even a four-pack sometimes) when you're dealing with beer like that.

I thought Dead Guy was really drinkable. Maybe creeping into high ABV territory, but I thought it was really smooth out of a glass.

I need to drink beer with Mr. Hawk, I really do. Stupid states being too far apart.

That does sound fun. Maybe a live meeting or skype is in the cards lol.

That does sound fun. Maybe a live meeting or skype is in the cards lol.

I just told my wife, in the next year I'm going to see Hawk, period. She just rolled her eyes.

Ha! She'll warm up to the idea. Maybe she should come along.

Had a Sweetwater 420 with lunch. Nice having a day off!

Back