What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flight change to arrive in Vegas Thursday instead of Friday.

Me thinks it shall be worth it.

Picked up two RLX golf polos

Tappin my iPhone5

Cobra Amp Cell Blue 3/4 FW

Was it my drive on the 3rd hole that sealed the deal?

Trade another shaft for it?

Was it my drive on the 3rd hole that sealed the deal?

Trade another shaft for it?

LOL no, GlobalGolf has them for $139.99 with free shipping. I really needed something for that gap between Driver and 7W.

Dude, you've gone wild this week!

Yeah I have. I got a little bonus at work and sold the Scotty. I am pretty much done for a long time. Gotta start saving some moolah.

e15a117f-4da6-4fc8-be59-4821c24a62e6_zpsa0a2f9f9.jpg

Every Tennessee boy should have something ORANGE at the course!!!

If you're planning to try to keep to some kind of consistent color scheme with anything golf-related, don't take a three year old girl to the GolfSmith with you.

My wife wanted to do the school clothes shopping with my son, which left me to take my daugther ( Abigail, affectionately know as "Goo") to the golf store. Was planning to get my putter regripped, and shop for and possibly buy a new driver. So I'm in the aisle looking at different SuperStroke grips, really liking the Mid-Slim. As I grab an orange grip and turn for the shop, my daughter says, "No, daddy, green!"

"Abi, I like orange."
"Daddy, green!" She starts tearing up at this point.
"But I don't have any green golf stuff, I like orange golf stuff, or blue. Is blue OK?"
"No! Daddy, GREEN! It's pretty!" People are staring and the granddad behind the counter of the shop is not really bothering to hide his laughter. "Lemme guess, three? Adorable age."
"Yeah. That's a word for it. Goo, is there any other color I should get besides green?" By this point in time I'm hoping that the suggestion of recently hearing other color words will make her change her mind to blue or orange. It's worked before.
"Pink is pretty, too, Daddy!"
"Green it is."

So I got my Odyssey Metal-X #7 regripped, SuperStroke Mid-Slim Green.

wngs.jpg

So with my primary mission accomplished, I decide to press my luck and go to see if I can hit a few drivers. I tried a bunch, from the Cobra Amp Cell, TM's RBZ Stage 2, Callaway's Black Ti, and the Nike Covert. Got the best results from the Cobra, clubhead speed just shy of 97 average, 14* launch angle, just a slight tendency toward too much backspin (I tend to tee the ball a bit too far back from time to time) with a nice little fade and an average around 240 yards. So I say, "Let's get it." Abigail, sitting quietly on a chair while I'd been hitting a bunch of different clubs, yells "YEAH!" and runs off for about a dozen steps, then turns back and says, "Where are we going?"

She and I walk to the aisle with the Cobra drivers, sitting on their racks, and she can see the undersides of them on account of being 3 feet tall. I had been planning to get it in orange or silver, then Abi says, "Look, Daddy, blue!" The kid has good taste, the blue looks really good in person. I says, "Good call, Goo. Let's go get a different grip, though." "OK!" she says, runs for a few yards, stops and turns around to ask, "Where is them grips?"

So we head back over to the rack with the grips, and I had been planning to try the Golf Pride Niion anyway when she stops and says, "Orange!"
"Goo, you didn't like the orange grips earlier."
"This is a different orange, Daddy!"

They're brighter than I thought they'd be, even drowning out the orange on the headcover and shaft. Now I'm in the market for a new headcover to replace the stock one. Looks like the 80's exploded on it.

unxj.jpg

Last edited:
If you're planning to try to keep to some kind of consistent color scheme with anything golf-related, don't take a three year old girl to the GolfSmith with you.

My wife wanted to do the school clothes shopping with my son, which left me to take my daugther ( Abigail, affectionately know as "Goo") to the golf store. Was planning to get my putter regripped, and shop for and possibly buy a new driver. So I'm in the aisle looking at different SuperStroke grips, really liking the Mid-Slim. As I grab an orange grip and turn for the shop, my daughter says, "No, daddy, green!"

"Abi, I like orange."
"But I don't have any green golf stuff, I like orange golf stuff, or blue. Is blue OK?"
"No! Daddy, GREEN! It's pretty!" People are staring and the granddad behind the counter of the shop is not really bothering to hide his laughter. "Lemme guess, three? Adorable age."
"Yeah. That's a word for it. Goo, is there any other color I should get besides green?" By this point in time I'm hoping that the suggestion of recently hearing other color words will make her change her mind to blue or green. It's worked before.
"Green it is."

wngs.jpg

So with my primary mission accomplished, I decide to press my luck and go to see if I can hit a few drivers. I tried a bunch, from the Cobra Amp Cell, TM's RBZ Stage 2, Callaway's Black Ti, and the Nike Covert. Got the best results from the Cobra, clubhead speed just shy of 97 average, 14* launch angle, just a slight tendency toward too much backspin (I tend to tee the ball a bit too far back from time to time) with a nice little fade and an average around 240 yards. So I say, "Let's get it." Abigail, sitting quietly on a chair while I'd been hitting a bunch of different clubs, yells "YEAH!" and runs off for about a dozen steps, then turns back and says, "Where are we going?"

She and I walk to the aisle with the Cobra drivers, sitting on their racks, and she can see the undersides of them on account of being 3 feet tall. I had been planning to get it in orange or silver, then Abi says, "Look, Daddy, blue!" The kid has good taste, the blue looks really good in person. I says, "Good call, Goo. Let's go get a different grip, though." "OK!" she says, runs for a few yards, stops and turns around to ask, "Where is them grips?"

So we head back over to the rack with the grips, and I had been planning to try the Golf Pride Niion anyway when she stops and says, "Orange!"

They're brighter than I thought they'd be, even drowning out the orange on the headcover and shaft. Now I'm in the market for a new headcover to replace the stock one. Looks like the 80's exploded on it.

unxj.jpg

I really enjoyed reading this!!!

Paladin. I like it ! I have two little girls I would have done the same thing.

"Abi, I like orange."
"Yeah. That's a word for it. Goo, is there any other color I should get besides green?" By this point in time I'm hoping that the suggestion of recently hearing other color words will make her change her mind to blue or orange. It's worked before.
"Green it is."

wngs.jpg

unxj.jpg

I love a kid's prescriptive... great post

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gapyqu5e.jpg

ebahyme2.jpg

Picked this up mid week last week after a putter show down. So far I'm really enjoying it. Added a SS 2.0

Hopkins 56 degree Shelf grind wedge, bent to 58 degree. See Hopkins thread for customization..haha

Great story Paladin! I try to get my wife to help color coordinate because Im useless at it but shes just not interested.

Bought a couple Puma ladies belts for my wife in white and black, a Puma high shine belt for myself in black, a Nike umbrella, and some Puma golf tech pants.
Also picked up an Amp Cell driver in blue.

I went to the PGASS on Friday just to practice a little in the practice bays and ended up getting to test out the new TM SLDR drivers, which had been delivered to the store early. I thought since they put that out early, maybe they put out the new Srixon Z-Stars early too. They did and I picked up a box of the XV. I also picked up a new belt and glove.

Nice haul, Will.

Interesting to hear about PGASS releasing items early. They did that with the 2013 Bridgestone e-series balls as well. I wonder if that is just their thing.

Covert 3 wood and TM TP3 Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back