What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 72 +1 at my hometown course. It's only 6300 from the back tees, so it's a short course. Fortunately, there's not a lot of trouble as I was all over the place off the tee. I didn't hit the ball well, but the short game was on.

5/14 FIR
7/18 GIR
27 putts

Nice shot in Jeff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Played in the second round of my member/member tournament with my dad today. It's alt-shot, and we get half of our combined handicap, so 10 strokes (he's an 18, I'm a 2). Day one is best ball and usually where everyone gets their scores under par. We were level with a few in our flight at 65, and my goal going into the day was to shoot 82 (for a net 72).

Some awesome shots and some rough ones later, we came in at 83 on course, good for a net 73 and enough to win our flight (-6 for the weekend)!!!! We took it to the shootout which includes 12 total teams, four teams on three different holes. First hole narrows that 4 to 2, and the winner of the second playoff hole meets on the 9th to go head to head with the other two winning teams.

Anyways, we made it to the final hole, but couldn't finish it out. In any case, it was awesome. I'm so proud of my dad for keeping himself in it when we needed shots and staying optimistic. We've played in this tournament for quite a few years, and this is the first time we've won our flight.

So awesome. What a weekend.

Congrats, a great weekend for sure!

Shot 72 +1 at my hometown course. It's only 6300 from the back tees, so it's a short course. Fortunately, there's not a lot of trouble as I was all over the place off the tee. I didn't hit the ball well, but the short game was on.

5/14 FIR
7/18 GIR
27 putts

Well done!

Shot a 78 today that should have been better. Hooked two drives OB...grrrrrr. Still had a great time with my usual group.

Played in the second round of my member/member tournament with my dad today. It's alt-shot, and we get half of our combined handicap, so 10 strokes (he's an 18, I'm a 2). Day one is best ball and usually where everyone gets their scores under par. We were level with a few in our flight at 65, and my goal going into the day was to shoot 82 (for a net 72).

Some awesome shots and some rough ones later, we came in at 83 on course, good for a net 73 and enough to win our flight (-6 for the weekend)!!!! We took it to the shootout which includes 12 total teams, four teams on three different holes. First hole narrows that 4 to 2, and the winner of the second playoff hole meets on the 9th to go head to head with the other two winning teams.

Anyways, we made it to the final hole, but couldn't finish it out. In any case, it was awesome. I'm so proud of my dad for keeping himself in it when we needed shots and staying optimistic. We've played in this tournament for quite a few years, and this is the first time we've won our flight.

Very cool, and I'm pretty certain he damn proud of his son too. Good shooting, and having this event with your dad is awesome

Way to go Dan and dad!

tapin it from my droid!

Very cool, and I'm pretty certain he damn proud of his son too. Good shooting, and having this event with your dad is awesome

Thank you my friend. It really was awesome for both of us. I'm sure you'll have the same chance to experience that with the youngster eh?!

78 on a par 70. 43 on front and even par on the back with three birdie putts in a row. Only made one, but it was an awesome back nine where I used my brain. Gotta do that more......

J.

Thank you my friend. It really was awesome for both of us. I'm sure you'll have the same chance to experience that with the youngster eh?!
One day I hope. For now Im just tickled to death to be able to share THP events with him

So awesome. I envy you and know how proud you are. Congratulations.

J.

81 today, par is 73. I made a triple on a par three. I hit a lot of good shots that didn't work out

Morgan Cup play has carried over with a 75 today. Missed a handful of birds or could have been lower.

Sound like Team Paradise still has the hot hand.

Awesome buddy! That's so cool for you and your pops! Congrats

Congrats man on the great round!

Shot 90 yesterday. The front was just awful, but my game came back around on the back and I was able to play like I have been lately.

86 at Beaver Brook in NJ. Greens were terribly inconsistent. Couldn't get off the tee but every other part of my game was okay. Still getting used to the spin on my wedges.

95 at Indian Lake Hills in Dowagiac, MI. Shot a 97 there last Friday...getting better. Still too many double bogeys in each round to have a legit shot at breaking 90.

43-37 for 80 on a par 70. Started on the back nine which is the tougher of the 2 nines, so my first hole was #10, 460 yard par 4 with no warmup! As my score indicates, my play improved on the second nine. Hit 7/14 fairways, only hit 5/18 greens but got up and down 6 times on the 13 holes where I missed the green in regulation. I only had 29 putts, my short game and putter are working really well right now. I feel like my long game is hurting me a little bit, but the short game has really been picking me up over the past couple of rounds.

Shot my best of the year today. 39/35 75! Great round, especially considering that I started off Double, bogey, bogey. Almost had my first hole in one as well. It hit right in the cup and came out about 4 inches away. There was actually a pitch mark on the side of the hole.

Shot my best of the year today. 39/35 75! Great round, especially considering that I started off Double, bogey, bogey. Almost had my first hole in one as well. It hit right in the cup and came out about 4 inches away. There was actually a pitch mark on the side of the hole.

Congrats Fryt!

Congrats!! Even better is that if you shot 39/35, then it's a 74 and not a 75!

:)

Shot my PB Saturday, and then again Sunday! 78 then a 76, it was a good weekend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back