New Member check in

:welcome: I'm excited that you decided to join in Rob.

Joined a week or so ago. Never checked in to say hello. So... HELLO!
Pretty new @ golf. Played for about a 1 1/2 years, off and on. More on lately. Purchased new irons, rounded out my bag with hybrids, etc. Trying to improve, mostly using the internet and You Tube to learn. I really liked starting out with Paul Wilson on You Tube. Explained in very simple to understand terms the basics. This helped me a lot, and kept everything simple to start. I also like Mark Crossfield, and a couple others I don't remember off hand. I look for teachers that seem to agree upon methods of play. Keeps me in a groove of similar teaching, not swaying back and forth between two contrasting methods of instruction. There is more than one way to approach the same shot it seems, so I look for those tips that lean to what works for my swing. I try other ways of course, but I find that certain things work for me, and others just don't. Golf is a real challenge, and I love it! I'm 56 and want to keep playing for exercise and enjoyment for years to come. I have an uncle that still plays 9 a couple days per week, and he is in his 90's. I'm going to call him up soon, and go get schooled by him.

:golf:

Welcome aboard, why not start your own welcome thread for a proper hello?

welcome to THP!

Hey Rob, welcome to THP! Rogue beer is amazing!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP glad you joined

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Howdie and welcome to :thp: forums :hello:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!!!

Welcome to THP, Rob!

Welcome to THP Rob!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

:wavey: :welcome:

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! Glad you joined us.

Welcome ! Ever play pumpkin ridge ? A friend just went there and said it was amazing

I have not played Pumpkin Ridge. Bandon is about the same drive, and I would rather spend my there

Welcome to THP

Back