Mizuno JPX-EZ Irons Preview

They look a little like Ping's g10 irons. I would love to try them!

Good golly ms. Molly! Those look awesome. When are they being released? Price point?

played with my golftec coach today and were talking about them, since he just saw them the other day when the mizuno rep came by. Apparently the rep wouldn't let them hit them, said they'd crack them. Apparently not for higher end swing speeds.

I find this very hard to believe.

now that mizuno just posted more photos this isn't just a forged version they have forged and non forged .so pretty much this is just the replacement models for the 825 and 825 pros

They could be, but there's more of a difference between the 825 and 825 Pro besides being forged. The Pros have a thinner sole and less offset.

Wow! Simply wow!

Nice Video ! I only buy irons every 7 years so I am not in the market but would love to hit these.
Yeah, I think the video is a little cheesy. Excited about the irons though.

just got a look of these in hand at golfsmith and I don't know what mizuno was thinking with that insert, It looks horrible to me.

just got a look of these in hand at golfsmith and I don't know what mizuno was thinking with that insert, It looks horrible to me.

I'm just the opposite , I liked the insert and the dark finish. I had the chance to hit these indoors at golfsmith against the G20's that I play now. The EZ's have a thick top line with a sole that is a little wider than the JPX 825's. The club didn't give much feedback to off center hits. I sound was if every shot was hit on the center of the face. I took my 6 iron with me to compare. The EZ's were about 4 yards shorter on the average than the Pings. Overall a nice club but not anything special to make me trade what I have now.

I'm just the opposite , I liked the insert and the dark finish. I had the chance to hit these indoors at golfsmith against the G20's that I play now. The EZ's have a thick top line with a sole that is a little wider than the JPX 825's. The club didn't give much feedback to off center hits. I sound was if every shot was hit on the center of the face. I took my 6 iron with me to compare. The EZ's were about 4 yards shorter on the average than the Pings. Overall a nice club but not anything special to make me trade what I have now.

love the dark finish but don't dig the insert looks cheesy and too busy.

now that mizuno just posted more photos this isn't just a forged version they have forged and non forged .so pretty much this is just the replacement models for the 825 and 825 pros
535763_556301261096774_1668290807_n.jpg
282874_556301257763441_2067780668_n.jpg

it could be just the photos. but the inserts seem to be a tiny bit higher placed.. possibly bringing CG a tiny bit higher compare to 825/825 pro ???

I hit these yesterday after my lesson. My friend's golf shop had just unboxed the demo heads for the fitting cart and I jumped at hitting some of the EZ forged. The club faces on the EZ and the forged are a bit bigger than the 825 lines. The sole of the EZ is similar to the 800HD in size while the forged is similar to the 825 pro. The offset of the EZ regulars is also similar to the 800HD while the forged has slightly less offset than the 825 pros. The EZ's have a full standard grind on the sole while the 825 pro has a little bit of a heel/toe grind. The topline is a bit thicker on both EZ's. There's definitely less feel than the 825 pros and I can't really say that it's hotter despite Mizzie's claims. As for appearances, the insert is not nearly as wild looking as the professional photos. The colors are a bit darker and aren't particularly flashy. The black finish is sharp which I liked a lot.

Thanks for the info manlai. Great write up.

Last edited:
LMAO I'm dying over here.

Amazing how strong lofts became so attractive to him.

Isn't it just interesting how that works?

Isn't it just interesting how that works?

Sure is. Those grainflowed lofts must just be better. Irons looked real nice in the video though. I was just waiting for him to whip out the trackman and start lecturing.

Hilarious.

Exactly the same thoughts.

Sure is. Those grainflowed lofts must just be better. Irons looked real nice in the video though. I was just waiting for him to whip out the trackman and start lecturing.

Hilarious.

But, alas, this will be ok with the Mizzy die hards and excuses will be made. Such a joke.

It's too bad, because it leaves a sour taste in my mouth and reflects on the clubs as much as it does him, right or wrong.

He just needs to own up to his homerism, stop pretending to be unbiased.

Well he said in the video that he will the numbers in a different video...wonder if he will talk about the lofts then.......or will maintain his Mizzy fanboy status...:bulgy-eyes:

He just needs to own up to his homerism, stop pretending to be unbiased.

THIS is it. Its obvious to everyone, just embrace it, nothing wrong with that. Hiding it though, like Hawk said, just puts me off way more.

Back