Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, at the moment. Didn't even realize Cleveland was on a big losing streak.

They've been like that all year. Win a few in a row, then start a losing streak. But hey - it's August and we can still talk about the legitimate possibility of the postseason, so it's all good!

BTW - loved the hidden ball trick that Longoria pulled! You'd think the 3rd base coach would've seen that coming.

Royals take 3 out of 4 from the best team in the A.L. That's 7 consecutive series won since the All Star break and 16 of 18 of their last games.

stupid, so wrong in so many ways

Dev,
I have an honest question and not sure how to word it. But I will try and be sensitive in doing so. How does anybody know that it was done in the way it is being portrayed? The reason I ask is that I can buy a banana at the Trop, but I cannot buy a thing of batteries. If I was going to throw something it would obviously need to be something handy.

Im not diminishing it, just honestly asking.

Dev,
I have an honest question and not sure how to word it. But I will try and be sensitive in doing so. How does anybody know that it was done in the way it is being portrayed? The reason I ask is that I can buy a banana at the Trop, but I cannot buy a thing of batteries. If I was going to throw something it would obviously need to be something handy.

Im not diminishing it, just honestly asking.

Believe me Josh, I am the least politically correct person on the planet, but throwing a banana at a black person is never going to end well for you, regardless of whether you meant it or you are just incredibly out of touch with reality. With that said, there is no way to know that. A similar thing happened either last year or the year before in the NHL. The Flyers were playing in Montreal. There is a black player named Wayne Simmonds that plays for Philly. He was skating in for a penalty shot and someone launched a banana at him. That person was not only ejected, but also arrested. This type of stuff happens ALL the time in european soccer as well. They dont play around with that type of stuff in europe or in Canada. They will arrest you. I am not saying that should happen here but throwing ANYTHING at an athlete from the stands/crows is unacceptable. I dont care what it is.

Believe me Josh, I am the least politically correct person on the planet, but throwing a banana at a black person is never going to end well for you, regardless of whether you meant it or you are just incredibly out of touch with reality. With that said, there is no way to know that. A similar thing happened either last year or the year before in the NHL. The Flyers were playing in Montreal. There is a black player named Wayne Simmonds that plays for Philly. He was skating in for a penalty shot and someone launched a banana at him. That person was not only ejected, but also arrested. This type of stuff happens ALL the time in european soccer as well. They dont play around with that type of stuff in europe or in Canada. They will arrest you. I am not saying that should happen here but throwing ANYTHING at an athlete from the stands/crows is unacceptable. I dont care what it is.

I dont disagree Dev. I think its awful. I just hate that the immediate thing is race when it could be something as simple as hey I can buy some fruit and throw it at this guy and be funny (really a jacka$$). It just seems that intent is inferred rather than being justified with facts.

Again, not diminishing it at all, because I think its terrible, but hate that this is what we have come to.

I dont disagree Dev. I think its awful. I just hate that the immediate thing is race when it could be something as simple as hey I can buy some fruit and throw it at this guy and be funny (really a jacka$$). It just seems that intent is inferred rather than being justified with facts.

Again, not diminishing it at all, because I think its terrible, but hate that this is what we have come to.

Not to make light of the subject but if Adam Jones picked up the banana, peeled it, ate half and then threw it back, he would be my hero for life.

Coach Boone style

Coach Boone style

It took me a second, but I got this reference! Nice!

And that's such a low blow to Jones. Seems like a guy you'd want on your team and root for if he's not playing against your team. So hateful.

Looks like a guy who is pitching an awesome game got hosed on a strike 3 call that would have kept a certain kind of game going. I think Nate knows what I'm talking about.

Well that's one way to break up a no-no.

15 k's...crazy

The dude will get one or maybe even more. He is absolutely filthy.

He will be a great starter for the Yankees in 2018. :D

That's not funny.

It wasnt meant to be.
Thats assuming David Price does not take all of their money and make them change their facial hair policy.

It wasnt meant to be.
Thats assuming David Price does not take all of their money and make them change their facial hair policy.

I dint see Price in pinstripes, I can see him in LA, or Boston, maybe Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back