Stable26 Golf Socks Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting product and good review hawk. Can you take a picture of your foot while wearing when you get a chance bud?

Thanks!

I actually had some good pictures of these on my feet, but i trashed them because I didn't think anybody would want to see it lol. I just pulled this out of the dirty laundry, so keep that in mind.

tytydeje.jpg

ga7ubene.jpg

Thanks buddy. It was a bit hard to tell where exactly the pad would go on the foot. Thanks!!

Not a problem sir. Thanks for reading!

Man I like the idea of this product so much I may just end up buying a pair. Every golf shoe I've worn always feels too loose at the arch/heel area.

These are a very interesting design and I can't make my mind up about whether I could see myself wearing them, but if they improve anything then that is the important thing to consider

Just one question - do they provide any kind of support around the back of the ankle/achilles area as I always tend to find that regardless of how well any shoe (and not just golf) fits I always experience a degree of rubbing that causes blisters and if these had some kind of support in that area I get the impression that this problem could be significantly reduced?

Sleuth - I can't see you being disappointed in them. As long as the cuff height is ok for you.

Good question TD.

I'll say right now that I'm not sure I can answer that for you 100%. It's just not an issue that I really have had with shoes. They fit snugly against the ankle and achilles area, but there isn't any addtional padding there.

I will say that these socks really focus on improving the way your shoes fit at the rearfoot, so it's very possible they might help. By taking up some of the empty space, they allow less vertical movement in the shoe as you walk. Does that make sense?

Hawk, do you put the pads on after you buy the sock, or doesit come with the pads already attached?

Very , very interesting. The concept makes complete sense in filling those “empty spaces” or “voids” when a show is designed to fit the masses and all of our feet are unique.

I have had seemingly good luck with most shoes fitting me well and my feet feeling comfortable but I still wonder if I am missing out on comfort that I have just yet to experience. I would definitely give these a try…..if they come out with some “no show” or “zero” options. I can’t stand a sock that goes above that line…just for the sake of appearances.

Great review Hawk!

Hawk, do you put the pads on after you buy the sock, or doesit come with the pads already attached?

Each sock came with pads installed already, with the other sizes included in the packaging if needed.

Thanks Cookie. I'm with you in that I just looked at the toe box. If it was wide enough I was happy. I didn't really consider the heel, but at this point I notice it with every shoe I wear (not even talking golf here).

hmm... as a person with some pretty unique foot issues, I find this product pretty interesting. Great review Hawk. Just a quick question that maybe I missed, do the inserts go in the wash with the rest of the sock or do you have to remove and then re-insert?

What an interesting approach to golf socks, I can totally see how the support would help.

hmm... as a person with some pretty unique foot issues, I find this product pretty interesting. Great review Hawk. Just a quick question that maybe I missed, do the inserts go in the wash with the rest of the sock or do you have to remove and then re-insert?

You wash them with the pads installed, so very easy. They come with a little laundering bag.

Interesting product...great review! I wonder if these would help a guy with ankle stability issues like myself.

Interesting product...great review! I wonder if these would help a guy with ankle stability issues like myself.

Thanks! I really don't know the answer to that one Nate.

Nice review Hawk. These are really interesting to me as I have skinny feet, and even with a skinnier shoe my shoes are loose in that area. I do agree with #Cookie though, I will have to wait for a lower cut sock. I can't stand wearing shorts with socks that aren't a short ankle cut. Maybe these will work for spring/fall golf.

Give it a little tappy, tap tap taparoo!

Nice review Hawk, I don't think I will be picking them up as I hate having anything besides socks on my feet.

Regarding the cuffs, the reason I put that picture in there was hopefully to give an idea of what they looked like folded over. You have to click to enlarge the photo though.

Thanks for the review Hawk, while they certainly are on the spendy side for socks it sounds like the benefits are certainly there. Once they get a no show version I am going to get a pair and check them out. I know far too well what it's like to just slap on a pair of shoes and go around without the proper fit so these socks might help a ton. Thanks buddy!

Good question TD.

I'll say right now that I'm not sure I can answer that for you 100%. It's just not an issue that I really have had with shoes. They fit snugly against the ankle and achilles area, but there isn't any addtional padding there.

I will say that these socks really focus on improving the way your shoes fit at the rearfoot, so it's very possible they might help. By taking up some of the empty space, they allow less vertical movement in the shoe as you walk. Does that make sense?

Appreciate the answer Hawk, and it does make sense

I suspect that as it is present in all shoes I buy (and on the same ankle), it is down to the fact that I have slightly different size/shape ankles due to the previous injuries mentioned in the Puma ACF shoe thread - I do have the ankle support that I have been using in the shoes but wondered if these would be a viable alternative to having to wear the support

Cheers

Nice review Hawk! Seems this would be a nice solution for those of us who have that annoying feeling of the foot coming up and out of the shoe at times.

I just picked up a pair of the short ones to try out. I really like them.

nemu7eny.jpg

Back