The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had these guys hitting into us for 2 holes today. Let them play through, but dang.

Then you also probably wouldn't have hit into us when we were still in the fairway the hole before! We wanted these guys past us the first chance we got.

The complaining surprised all of us though. We've all had people say no, thanks, but never complained when we offered to let them through!

What more do you expect from somebody that hit into your group? I think that hitting into people and not coming up immediately to issue a prompt apology of the most sincere sort is downright despicable.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

People who are jerks when you let them through. A threesome came up behind us (foursome) and we knew they played fast, so we waved them through on a par 4. Two guys found their balls and were done putting before the third finally found his drive, chunked it, drove past the ropes to where he wasn't supposed to be, said loud enough to his buddies who were now sitting in their cart waiting for him to finish, "we wouldn't have had this problem if they hadn't waved us up". Once they finally got by, which took about 15 minutes , they got back in gear and flew the rest of the way around.
Yeah, that's a weird one.

My old man is pretty hilarious because if he's behind a slow group he'll gripe, moan, and say things like "They better let us through on the next par 3!" Then when they wave us through on the next hole he feels mega rushed, get's the shanks and then complains the rest of the round "I hate playing through!"
I've learned to laugh at him and ignore it lol.

Sounds like what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I caught up to a foursome and they moved out of the fairway to let me through. There's a pond that I can only carry half the time so I decided to play it safe and lay up since they were watching. I hit a perfect 6I almost to the front edge of the pond. Then I proceeded to duff the next shot into the water. I dropped another and hit it over the green into more water. Then I told them I'd held them up long enough, said I'd just put down a 7 for the hole and went to the next tee. I didn't know I was allowed to complain that they ruined my round by letting me play through. I'll just add that to my list with all the other excuses I have for my lousy golf game.

Stupid thunderstorm knocking power out and scaring the crap out of our cats. This storm is ridiculously strong.

I played with Bobgeorge yesterday, and we hit into a group. I felt AWFUL. They were sitting just inside the range, and they they started to pull forward, and we thought they were gone. I told him to go ahead, and I watched him it, I'm following his ball flight, and just as I watch it land I notice the group ahead is still right in the middle of the fairway. It was too late to yell fore at that point. They turned around and threw their hands up. We drove up to apologize but it wasn't really accepted, it was obvious they were still pissed about it.

What's the point of dental insurance if it won't pay for wisdom teeth removal? So dumb.

My brother is leaving this week with the National Guard heading to Kuwait for almost a year. I hate when he gets deployed, but this time he has a newborn at home and a 5-year old stepson that calls him daddy that he didn't have last time he was deployed. I can tell this one going to be a little rougher than the past times he was deployed.

What's the point of dental insurance if it won't pay for wisdom teeth removal? So dumb.

I'm with you on this. I'm having mine removed in an hour. Looking at the x rays I didn't think teeth could grow in the way they did. I am not supposed to do anything for a week including travel but I already booked a tee time for saturday in atlantic city and there is no way I am canceling it.

My brother is leaving this week with the National Guard heading to Kuwait for almost a year. I hate when he gets deployed, but this time he has a newborn at home and a 5-year old stepson that calls him daddy that he didn't have last time he was deployed. I can tell this one going to be a little rougher than the past times he was deployed.

That's tough on a family. I still don't understand why National Guard troops are being sent overseas on long deployments. They're the National Guard, not the International Guard.

Moving to Florida is becoming more and more enticing. The only reason I am staying is for family but its becoming more and more pointless. I never ask my parents for anything. The extremely rare occasion that I do, there is always some stupid reason they are unwilling to help. I asked my mother 3 months ago if she could watch my kid this coming Friday and drop me at the airport. She said no problem. It is now Tuesday before I leave, "I dont know how to get to the airport, get a car service" Really?

Moving to Florida is becoming more and more enticing. The only reason I am staying is for family but its becoming more and more pointless. I never ask my parents for anything. The extremely rare occasion that I do, there is always some stupid reason they are unwilling to help. I asked my mother 3 months ago if she could watch my kid this coming Friday and drop me at the airport. She said no problem. It is now Tuesday before I leave, "I dont know how to get to the airport, get a car service" Really?

At least Buck is near you and some of those other clowns up there

At least Buck is near you and some of those other clowns up there

I am so pi$$ed off right now. And what really rubs me the wrong way is that any time my sister asks for ANYTHING they drop whatever they are doing to help. She is moving in with them for christ's sake.

I am so pi$$ed off right now. And what really rubs me the wrong way is that any time my sister asks for ANYTHING they drop whatever they are doing to help. She is moving in with them for christ's sake.

Y u Heff to b Mad?

Dont be upset, you have THP...2013 has been awesome...and 2014 will be....

I can only offer two things of advice.
1. Never make a life altering decision when angry about something. I have and it was one heck of a bad idea.
2. There are good people everywhere that you can call friends. If you need to sound off, most of them (me included) are here to help.

by5enaja.jpg

I love my wife.

I can only offer two things of advice.
1. Never make a life altering decision when angry about something. I have and it was one heck of a bad idea.
2. There are good people everywhere that you can call friends. If you need to sound off, most of them (me included) are here to help.

I appreciate the advice. Its something we have been talking about for a while. These little things just keep adding up and pushing my buttons more and more.

I appreciate the advice. Its something we have been talking about for a while. These little things just keep adding up and pushing my buttons more and more.
Whenever you are upset or frustrated, I learned a simple tip a few weeks back that makes everything better.

I will share it with you;

Spoiler
Beags-Walk_zps2b800229.gif

Dev,
When weighing out moving options, its very important to completely weigh out cost of living. We did that during our last move, but forgot one important factor that proved to be too costly. If you need assistance with that, any person in the area you are looking at could/should be able to help.

Whenever you are upset or frustrated, I learned a simple tip a few weeks back that makes everything better.

I will share it with you;

Spoiler
Beags-Walk_zps2b800229.gif

Its funny whenever I am feeling down (like today), I try and remember one of the 413 times that Dev came in this thread and ranted about tearing his pants.

Dev,
When weighing out moving options, its very important to completely weigh out cost of living. We did that during our last move, but forgot one important factor that proved to be too costly. If you need assistance with that, any person in the area you are looking at could/should be able to help.

Cost of living is so much cheaper in FL. I will definitely seek out your advice as well as some of my fellow THP'ers if/when the time comes. My family that is down there, moved down there from NY so they have some experience in the matter as well. My realtor friend has already sent me some listings to get an idea of what I am looking at property wise as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back