THP Ultimate Club Testing w/ TaylorMade Golf

JH,
Why not hit up a local professional for a lesson or two before the event? It will only make you better and more confident.

Thanks for the suggestion, JB!! I am going to try to find someone local that isn't too expensive. Budget is a concern, but I am sure I can find someone. I want to thank you and GolferGal for such an awesome weekend. Despite my play, I really did have a good time.

I think what you will find is that the lesson(s) will help more than any single thing and with some time before this event, you could be right where you want to be to get more enjoyment out of this one.

Thanks. Had to Google eyes search it but this is what I found. Hope others can find it useful and maybe share a shuttle ride.

Transportation from Orlando International Airport

Associated Transportation and SuperShuttle provide direct shuttle service for the following times from the Orlando International Airport to the Omni: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm, 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm. For direct service from the Omni to the Orlando International Airport: 4:00 am, 6:00 am, 8:00 am, 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm, and 6:00 pm.
You can also book a shared ride shuttle with SuperShuttle at the time of your choice but the service will make additional stops. If you would like direct service please specify at the time of booking with the reservations agent.

*24 hour advance reservations are required and can be made online or by calling 407-888-9220, extension 2.
· Roundtrip Shuttle Service: Rates from $45 per person (Free for children age 3 and under and car seat is required. Car seats may be requested in advance and subject to a fee.)
· One way Shuttle Service: Rates from $25 per person (Free for children age 3 and under and car seat is required. Car seats may be requested in advance and subject to a fee.)
· Town Car Service: $89 one way
· Taxi Service: Approximately $90 one way for one to four passengers

Thanks for sharing this dude, I may need to take advantage of the decent prices. I'll be landing in Florida at 6:05pm on Friday evening.

Ummmm. Yeah. So that just happened.

To say TaylorMade is excited about this would be an understatement. I will have further info about that last sentence soon.

Anymore clues as to what this post means?

Okay everybody. I want you to scratch EVERYTHING you have read in this thread outside of the 1st post. Yes, this event just took a turn for the seriously awesome! Please note, you will be asked to sign a NDA at the time of check in.

Thank you...You may resume your regularly scheduled programming.

I have some really mixed emotions about the THP / TM Ultimate Testing weekend now. I had a great time playing in the Atlanta Invitational this past weekend. The THP people are the best. KellyBo, Jlit, and MightyQuinn were great to play the round with and the rest of the THPers were awesome as well. Getting to meet some new THPer's and make new friendships is something I am really looking forward to. I know that TM is going make it a special weekend, one that we will always remember. With that said, my golf game this weekend was about as bad it has ever been. I was all over the place. I had so many triple bogeys and had to pick up on at least 4 holes as I had hit an acceptable number of strokes and was still nowhere in the hole. It was horrible and nothing I tried seemed to help. There were a few shots towards the end of the round that gave me some hope, but the totality of the bad play is embarrassing and I don't want to get down to Orlando and have the same problems. I need to work out the issues, but there were so many problems that I don't know if I will be able to fix them in the amount of time that I have. For better or worse I will be there giving it my best and having fun no matter how I play, but the truth is golf is even more fun when you play better.
I definitely understand this. You won't be alone though; I probably play 5- 10 strokes worse when with THPers, probably due to nerves, making me wonder some times what exactly it is I'm doing out there. My suggestion is to take a lesson, even a half hour one, as a starting point, then just come down to FL and have a good time. We're all gonna be killing it off the tee once Taylor Made gets done with us, so there's that as well.

... What!!?!?

Okay everybody. I want you to scratch EVERYTHING you have read in this thread outside of the 1st post. Yes, this event just took a turn for the seriously awesome! Please note, you will be asked to sign a NDA at the time of check in.

Uh... oh boy. Head just exploded and my office is in the process of calling 911. Awesome! I'm officially in counting the seconds before I get there phase.

What the!!!! Just when you begin to think that you've got everything worked out you get spun around on your head! I give up and will just have to figure it out when I get there. Ahem, JB not to be greedy but my bag is still short a driver. LMAO.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can honestly say I feel bad for the person that backed out of this one after SLDR was announced as the club. I really do.

I have nothing to do with this event, but I can tell you Sh*t just got real!

What you talk 'bout JB (In an Arnold from Different Strokes voice)?!?! Excited is an understatement for sure. Sept. 14th can't get here soon enough.

And I talked to a guy about taking a video lesson this weekend.

Tapatalk 2: The sequel is even better than the original.

If that's why they backed out, I do to. I was only aware of one change, but I thought it was a conflict of schedule. Their loss is someone else's awesome gain!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I definitely understand this. You won't be alone though; I probably play 5- 10 strokes worse when with THPers, probably due to nerves, making me wonder some times what exactly it is I'm doing out there. My suggestion is to take a lesson, even a half hour one, as a starting point, then just come down to FL and have a good time. We're all gonna be killing it off the tee once Taylor Made gets done with us, so there's that as well.

I echo these sentiments exactly. I have been unhappy with my game all year, and nothing I seem to try works, but playing in two THP Events, and experiencing the camaraderie, I plan on just enjoying the ride.

I can honestly say I feel bad for the person that backed out of this one after SLDR was announced as the club. I really do.

If that is the reason I found my way in to this event, so be it.

I didn't think I could be any more excited about playing night golf with THP'rs, but it just got a whole lot more electric in here....

For those really struggling, still plenty of time to see a professional that could get you straightened out a bit before the big weekend. I have a feeling that most are going to want to be hitting the ball pretty well.

Yep.. Sorry... I can't...

That's EXCITING!!

Jman just texted me and gave me his spot.

Yes!!!

JB has got me all excited now. :)

How cool is that! I'm sure you guys attending are in for something really special! I bet a bunch of hearts leapt in chests after reading the above!

If that is the reason I found my way in to this event, so be it.

I didn't think I could be any more excited about playing night golf with THP'rs, but it just got a whole lot more electric in here....

I'm pumped you are going to this Pete.

I am hoping to get a chance to do one of these when I get back off of deployment! Any chance of these going on on the west coast?

I am hoping to get a chance to do one of these when I get back off of deployment! Any chance of these going on on the west coast?

Ya never know what events are coming from THP in 2014. To be fair however, we do have an event in Palm Springs this year as well as one in Vegas.

Back