Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. You know my issues with the Classic FW's but I have the F3 now with Kusala Blue and it's awesome.

That thing is a cheater stick. Who would ever get rid of a club like that? Oh, wait....

I like color so much I picked the color that is made up of all the other colors.

Don't get me wrong, I love white shoes, white belts, and white hats, white hats just don't always last too long.

JAMES!!!

39134178.jpg

That thing is a cheater stick. Who would ever get rid of a club like that? Oh, wait....

An awesome Morgan Cup champion dude.

He has a gorgeous swing too.

How is the XHP treating you Amol?

Hit and miss right now. Actually used it 4 times off of the tee today, hit 3/4 fairways. Still struggling with some hooks right now, can't figure out if it's my swing or the club. For some reason, I feel like I'm standing really far away from the ball when I'm hitting that club, it's a little odd. I'm not in love with the club right now, but it's probably staying in my bag because I can't buy anything else right now.

Hit and miss right now. Actually used it 4 times off of the tee today, hit 3/4 fairways. Still struggling with some hooks right now, can't figure out if it's my swing or the club. For some reason, I feel like I'm standing really far away from the ball when I'm hitting that club, it's a little odd. I'm not in love with the club right now, but it's probably staying in my bag because I can't buy anything else right now.

It definitely seems oddly draw biased for a "pro" club. I hit it well but I account for a draw even on days when I am playing a fade with other clubs. If I'm fighting a draw with the driver I know not to touch my 3 wood.

It's HUGELY forgiving though, once again surprising. Yesterday I hit one WAY out on the toe of the club. THe ball got up in the air in a hurry, and just carried with a nice high draw, I was walking and couldn't believe how far out there it go me, probably only lost 10 yards or so, put me in the perfect spot.

It definitely seems oddly draw biased for a "pro" club. I hit it well but I account for a draw even on days when I am playing a fade with other clubs. If I'm fighting a draw with the driver I know not to touch my 3 wood.

It's HUGELY forgiving though, once again surprising. Yesterday I hit one WAY out on the toe of the club. THe ball got up in the air in a hurry, and just carried with a nice high draw, I was walking and couldn't believe how far out there it go me, probably only lost 10 yards or so, put me in the perfect spot.

It's really forgiving when I don't hook the crap out of it. I'm actually struggling with hooks on my fairway wood and hybrids right now. I'm used to playing a draw off of the tee, but 20-30 yard hooks are not good at all.

Now, let me state, I know the issue with flex fits are it means more inventory and its more difficult to deal with all the different sizes. I'm just randomly talking and not knocking anything.

I know, but with flex fit you could do S/M and L/XL and be covered.

3 or 4 wood. Thinking Xhot, Cobra Amp or maybe even G25. I'm going to have a lot going on with my bag in the next couple months.

3 or 4 wood. Thinking Xhot, Cobra Amp or maybe even G25. I'm going to have a lot going on with my bag in the next couple months.

The G25 FW is a beast and easy to hit. I can't say enough positive things about it. It's become my go-to on the tee when I need to hit a more accurate but still long shot. It plays very well from the fairway and light rough as well. I should call it "Clutch".

Though I keep looking at deals on 3 Deeps. Just wondering if I could squeeze out a few more yards but still hit it accurately.

Sent from The Galaxy Note 2

The G25 FW is a beast and easy to hit. I can't say enough positive things about it. It's become my go-to on the tee when I need to hit a more accurate but still long shot. It plays very well from the fairway and light rough as well. I should call it "Clutch".

Though I keep looking at deals on 3 Deeps. Just wondering if I could squeeze out a few more yards but still hit it accurately.

Sent from The Galaxy Note 2

Agree with this. I think its a great 3W. For me I would opt for the higher launching G25 4 wood, I dont hit 3W's too well. The 4W Bridges the gab for me perfectly and is a bomber in its own right!

PXi for the MD2.

Thinking about getting a 5W since I cant hit a hybrid worth a darn..

I can't shake the extra hybrid ponder... I'm hitting my 4 iron better, but I have to think there's something to be had with a bit more forgiveness in the 21-23 spot.

This altitude thing could actually happen.

I can't shake the extra hybrid ponder... I'm hitting my 4 iron better, but I have to think there's something to be had with a bit more forgiveness in the 21-23 spot.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you shoot a 68? I'm not sure you need to Change anything

Serious question: how often do you use that club in a round? If it's only 1-2 times per round, I wonder how much you would really need to change it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you shoot a 68? I'm not sure you need to Change anything

The beauty of a ponder my good man!!!! It'd have to kick the 4i out of the bag (which I did hit extremely well today).

Serious question: how often do you use that club in a round? If it's only 1-2 times per round, I wonder how much you would really need to change it.

Today, I used my 4 iron 5 times. Surprisingly quite a bit. There are quite a few times where I want accuracy of an iron but would like something with a bit less turf interaction to guarantee distance numbers.

Today, I used my 4 iron 5 times. Surprisingly quite a bit. There are quite a few times where I want accuracy of an iron but would like something with a bit less turf interaction to guarantee distance numbers.

Here's an idea: play a hybrid, but also play the same shaft as you do in your current 4 iron. The shaft length in a standard hybrid is going to be a bit different than a 4 iron length, so keeping the iron shaft in there at your current length could keep you from having gap issues.

Here's an idea: play a hybrid, but also play the same shaft as you do in your current 4 iron. The shaft length in a standard hybrid is going to be a bit different than a 4 iron length, so keeping the iron shaft in there at your current length could keep you from having gap issues.

You got it!!!! I'm thinking about hard stepping a CTL 3 iron shaft in S into an altitude 4 or a hybrid of comparable loft. Slightly lighter, but heavier than my other shafts.

588 MT 4i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back